Thongs at the beach - acceptable or not?

How do you feel about the recent trend towards this? I've noticed this summer that it's not only the girls in their early twenties with perfect bodies who are now wearing this style?

Personally, I think that this is a good thing - I think that ladies in their late 30s can pull it off, too, and that you don't need to have a 'perfect' body to do it - what do the rest of you think, and why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not think these women look bad in a thong. There is always worse.. lol. I suppose it depends on the personality. I'm not sure if I would wear a thong, even if I had a perfect ass cuz it's just not me. I do not like the attention.. whether bad or good attention.

It does not bother me if women wear thongs. Gives us something to look at :))

What Guys Said 27

• Well, I would say people have lost their sense of decorum. Some people shouldn't walk around naked and I'm one of them.

• Recent trend? I've been seeing topless girls in thongs at the beach since I was a little baby xD
    I'm ok with that, I don't care. I don't cringe when I see a naked body, so I can deal with a thong.

• It's a new years resolution a lot of people are trying to stick with. A lot of people get tired of their proctologist telling them to floss more, but after summer they'll all fall off the wagon and be back a square one all over again...

• Are you kidding me? Women in their 30's are more attractive than women in their 20's, on average, since they're more confident and have higher sex drives.

• So you would expect to see it more commonly, then?

• well it depends if she's got the body for it.. noone wants to see an obese woman with her ass hangin out know what i mean?

• Do you have the butt and the legs to go with it.

• It's like "yeah sure whatever"

• Acceptable otherwise you get sand in your shoes

• In my country this going since more than 10 y ago. Often braless. Only sluts would flaunt butts and tits in front of strangers. Should be banned like this
    dailymail. co. uk/news/article-2353612/Italian-beach-town-bans-bikinis-fines-500-dare-bare. html

• sure, why not. not problem with it

• Sure, why not. If people want to flaunt their body, it ain't my problem. Americans care way too much about people showing their skin. We should be way more concerned about violence...

• I think if it looks good on here wear away!

• Acceptable!

• "perfect bodies" i dont think your pics really agree with that.

• Why wouldn't they be acceptable? Maybe in the Middle East, they wouldn't be acceptable. Those are exceedingly common here.

• Really sexy I've been seeing a lot more too. Definitely acceptable

• Get a private beach for yourself.

• I'm all for it. As they say, less is more!

• Alright.

• I love it and think more ladies in there 30s can pull it off

• Why not?

• It depends on if you have the sexy body for it

• I don't think this is anything new

• Personally I prefer this look for girls who have great asses. Otherwise it doesn't look very good.

• Its fine even if your ugly long as you're not naked as it could be unhygienic if everyone was naked on a crowded public beach or with family as I think it's inconsiderate if you're with family.

• I like it, as long as they are not fat and wearing them

• Not a fan. I think a normal bikini looks best

What Girls Said 14

• Honestly I could care less if people were naked on the beach; I don't find the human body offensive :)

• Trashy :/

• I honestly don't like the style but I don't want to be judgmental but I'm just gonna be honest. I really don't want to see buttcheeks jiggling everywhere... like I really hate the trend but whatever

• What country are you from? I have been wearing them for around 5 years on Swedish beaches and also on vacation in other parts of Europe. In the past year they have become really popular.

• I think it's trashy. I just don't think it looks classy at all.

• Even if you're not wearing a thong, that sucker's gonna get wedged up there anyway.

• Tbh, I can't remember a time when I didn't wear thongs on the surf coast :P

• am not wearing these to the sea... thats forsho

• It depends.

If their body is in shape, they can wear it, otherwise a big no.

• Meh. Don't care what others wear at the beach. Can't see myself wearing them though, maybe only if my body was literally perfection.

• Bodies, men or women, do not need to be "perfection" to look good being shown off. Of course, not bad, though. But any "good".

• They can do whatever they want with their clothes/bodies. It's good that they don't feel insecure. I think they're really pulling it off and it's really sexy. IF U DO THIS U SLAY 👏 lmao

• So gross, why can't they find something that covers at least some of their asses? And after that they complain about how guys stare at them? OH REALLY?

• On the majority of people it's no.

• Yes please😊

I'm such a slut😅

• 15yo in thong bikini in the US? can't imagine that working out well 😂

• @Yumix hey you can wear one too if you want😄 Nah my mom would beat the shit out of me if wore a thong under clothes let alone at a beach

• I'll pass... thongs look on guys terrible anyway xD
      especially if they have a shitty body like I do lol.

I can see why she would be against a thong bikini, but girls your age wearing thongs as underwear is really nothing uncommon. back when I was in hs (long time ago haha), it was "cool" to let them slip out a bit (today trashy asf). the majority wore them and I'm sure it's even higher today