Is my skirt too short?

Is my skirt too short?I buy skirt like this from a shop. The skirt looks cute. Now i try again at home and realize that the pencil skirt is tight and at my mid-thigh (length above the knees as same as in a picture). I will wear it to work in office and there are a lot of sitting and standing. Do you think this skirt is too short?

Please give me an advice.
Thanks.

1mo Thank you very much everyone. Your guide help me so much. I think it's too short for office work.
Now i would like to ask you. If it's nice to wear this skirt to dating and my crush usually sitting across me. : D

Most Helpful Girl

• For work, yes. Professional skirts should be knee length. I guess you could wearing solid black panty hose, but it would still be very distracting.

I'd go for a longer pencil skirt. Still sexy, but more work appropriate.

I used to wear pencil skirts to work. Slap on a pair of heels, and they still kill.

@watercolor_lions I try it again to make sure. I think it too short. When i sitting, the skirt hemline ride up almost near my crotch. If i don't find something to close my thighs, i will reveal everything under skirt. So I will wear it to party instead. Hope it not too short for party.

And yes, i agree with you. With high heels it's looking good.
      Thanks again.
      : D

Yeah! Parties for sure! You'll look awesome! Have fun!!!

What Guys Said 13

• No its fine

• It is fine

• i feel this skirt is fine and see no reason why you can't wear it, it won't show anything you dont want seen and should be fine for work

Because when i try again at home, i find pencil skirt part is tight. I must be careful when i'm sitting to ensure i'm not reveal anything.
      By the way thanks for your advice.

Thanks.

your welcome, Your welcome to PM if you wanna chat more

• It's short for work. I think it's a little too short, but I'm mildly old fashion when it comes to business attire.

Agree, maybe it isn't appropriate for work. What do you think about wearing it to party?

For a party is it's comfortable. Wearing it to go shopping would be perfect. I think it's a pretty and a smart skirt. Nice color too.

Thank you for your opinion. : D

• looks fine

• no, looks perfectly fine

• I would actually ask you if you can wear a shorter skirt. I'm a legs guy, so I would want you to show off your thighs

• For partying within sensible people u r fine. Trip to mid Easter Islamic countries u r doomed.

• No I don't think so. mid-thigh is a good spot

• I love it! You have great legs!

• Yes, I would say it is

I already know you're crushing on your ex. I can't condone that

Thanks.

• damn son

• IF there are no specific standards as to what is too short or considered inappropriate according to the company's policy then you can wear them. Otherwise, you can't wear them if there are anything that is clear and indicates that is something you can't wear to work.

In your opinion. Is it too short?

For office work? I think it is.

What Girls Said 13

• First, you have great legs and that's a great skirt. Can you let me know where you got it?

Personally, I believe you can carry it off wherever you feel comfortable wearing it.

If you're in a cube type office at work and don't have to sit across from people, then I don' t see any issues wearing it to work. If it's not physically comfortable to wear in the office, then that is the most important thing.

If you're wearing it going out, a pair of white sheer hose, 2-3 in blue pumps (matching skirt color as close as possible), and a colorful vneck silk blouse would turn a lot of heads (of both genders :-) ).

I think the pencil skirt is tight. It's my fault not test while sitting. When i test again at home and sitting, it's ride up too much (about my crotch).

• Yes it's very short for the office. You'll bend over or sit down and you'll be much more exposed. And it's out of the ordinary. For a tight skirt like that the shortest you can go with would be knee length

elle.in/.../SetRatioSize609500-suits-collage.jpg
    More commonly though pencil skirt are longer than that even

Thanks, your picture is cute. lololol

I don't choose it carefully. The skirt length is ok when standing. When it comes to sitting, tight skirt tends to ride up more than normal skirt. I can't adjust it comfortably. Sometimes my work has to sit across a man. I don't want to reveal my thigh to much.

• If you're comfortable and can carry it off , wear it. if you think there are chances you won't be comfortable in the work place when moving around, avoid wearing it. Its a great skirt, you can wear it to an office party or somewhere else

• If you want to know if your skirt or short is too short, measure it with your hands/arms. If the dress/short is passed or right onthe end of your fingers, its not too short, and just right. But if it doesn't pass the end of your fingers, its considered as too short.

@Hotpink94 Thanks for advice. But how i use my hand to measure. Do you mean put your hand parallel with legs (put palm on leg. wrist will be on upper thigh and finger point down to knees)?

Just put down your arms, straight down to the side. Like how you normally put your arms, just that it isn't slightly bend, but instead straight down. Hope you understand this explaination lol sorry, not quite good at explaining.

I get it. Thank you very much.

• too short in my opinion

• I like the style, but I believe it's just a tad too short for the workplace, a knee length pencil skirt might be better.
    Keep it though, you can wear it casually or for parties etc!

• It's a really nice skirt to wear casually, but I think it's a bit too short to be appropriate work attire.

• if its because you are wearing it the way the woman in this picture is wearing it, wear it at low waist or hip level rather than high rise. Would automatically look longer.

I haven't thought about it before. I will try again.
      Thanks.

• it may not be comfortable while working

I think it too short. When i sitting, the skirt hemline ride up almost near my crotch. I will use it in party instead. Thanks.

You're welcome :)

• For office work it may be short depends on the drees code of your work place

• Nope, just kinda gross.

• It's a lovely skirt for the right occasion, but not terribly appropriate for the work place.

@Kaylyne Thanks.

@BellaM In answer to your update, just do it and watch your crush go completely "insane!" lol

@Kaylene He's my ex and he tries to look up my skirt last time we have a dinner. Now we have an dinner appointment again tomorrow night. I think this skirt will give him a best view of my panties. lololol.
      Just kidding. Not meant to do it for real. : D

• Not at all! Its perfect right in the middle between too short or too long

When standing it's okay. But it's very short when sitting. I should careful next time i buy skirt. lol
      Thanks.

In response to your update, yes its a good dress because it'll turn him on

Thanks. lololol