Can a girl have a mohawk and still be attractive and girly?

i have always wanted to get one but I don't have much luck with guys I don't need to make it harder.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't find it attractive. I always thought that was the whole point: to sort of give the finger to fashion and make yourself stand out.

Mowhawks are sort of a bold, f*** you kind of hair style and they're just feminine.

But if it's who you are, why not give it a shot? If you really want to express yourself that way maybe it would be better to do it? It's up to you I guess.

What Guys Said 23

• Why do you want to create barriers for yourself? Nothing more off putting than a mohawk for guys or girls.

• NO!

• attractive - possibly.

girly - NO.

• maybe on the punk scene but that's about it. other than that I don't think many guys would like it unless you like layer your hair into a cute longish styel and just gel it up from there when you feel like having a mohawk. don't actually shave it because that's weird

• I highly doubt it. Its not attractive to me at all. But maybe in California or Manhattan you would find someone that would like your style.

• It's certainly not going to make you look girly.

• I personally don't think it's be a big deal for me of they showed interest in me. But I probably wouldn't approach just because I would think we wouldn't share he same interests

• Well honestly they can still be attractive and girly but the Mohawk would definitely seem kinda guyish

• it depends id like to date a girl with one but I know my parents would freak if I ever brought her to meet the folks

• I've got one, the whole fiancé family loves it. Granted, they're punk rockers.

• You CAN comb them down so that your hair covers your stubble. My hair is super thick and when I brush down my mohawk and flat iron it, it just looks like a chic bob.

• Honest no. Only a few guys look decent with it I couldn't really imagane a girl with one sorry

• I think a girl can pull this off, though it depends on the girl. A girl might be attractive with a mohawk and I don't think this is just a guy's hairstyle, though more guys can pull it off than girls. I wouldn't reject a girl because of this.

• Dont do it. IVe never found a mohawk more attractive then normal hair.

• no!

• Well thumbs up from me, but remember that there is no point in a Mohawk without a nose piercing. :D

• Definitely.

• Not a chance

• no

• On guys mohawk look already gross, and then on girls..?

Indescribable gross!

• gross

• Try to avoid it if possible.

• Tbh it would make things harder, but it all depends on the guy that you're trying to go for.

• No, unless your friends are hard core or gothic.

• Uhhh no sorry that would be a turn off

What Girls Said 10

• It would be a completely edgy and masculine look that would require either 1) an edgy lifestyle surrounded by guys and girls who are in to the same thing and/or 2) extreme feminine beauty that could somehow pull off that look. Even with #2, you would need #1 to have a pool of guys to date from. Most guys would never date such a girl. It just isn't sexy.

• If you really want one layer your hair so you can gel the top layer into a mohawk, but it's not permanent. That way you can decide when you want to look weird and when you want to look normal.

• Do it! I love mine! I have NEVER felt as beautiful and feminine as I do with my mohawk, and I used to have hair down to my butt. People who think it's a "fuck you" to fashion got it all wrong. Also, it's fun to style. You don't have to wear it in the middle, you could push it to one side, or just don't gel it up and your hair will cover the shave parts and just look like a cute short haircut. Also, nothing says confidence like having a hair cut that shows 99% of your face, or not having fringe to change your face's shape.

• i did it and I look fine... even landed myself a boyfriend(although he is a rocker boy)... it just depends on the girl some girls can pull off certain hairstyles others cant... you gotta learn the hard way and risk it.

note: I don't do it now anymore tho because it is a major hassle... myhair is still short tho but I'm growing it out, not that I don't like it... I miss ponytails and being able to carress my hair.. lol

• Maybe if you don't get it completely shaved around, and go for the full top of your head to be cut up like that - so it would be more of a faux hawk.

• i think guys here are all not for piercings tattoos or mohawks. you can still be girly with a mohawk, and I can still be girly. its nice.

i think you would look good with one. and I'm suprised you have a hard time with boys. your very pretty

• I love tattoo's and piercings, especially on girls. I also appreciate girly girls. I can even appreciate a tasteful punk look like a mohawk, but I have to disagree that it will ever look "girly"

• Put on a head band. and keeo the mohawk hair down. its a very cute look :)

• Honestly - until I saw how this girls hair looked - I wasn't sure it would work... but think I changed my mind. Besides... if it's who you are, then why hide it? You want a guy that likes you for YOU... not how your hair "isn't".... right? Style is an expression of our inside. Let it out :)

• yes you can I have one and I am married to a great husband we both have mohawks even at our wedding why not I'm still a girlie girl and atractive plus I always liked the rocker type haha

• Don't do it!

• I just thought... is it possible that you have trouble with guys because the ones that fit your personality don't think to talk to you because your personality is "mohawk" inside... but innocent regular every day girl on the outside? If guys that wouldn't be into mohawks are already not into you... maybe there would be a whole new group of guys that would be perfect for you but don't know it because they wouldn't think to approach you someone without that kind of look. It's important to try to reflect who you are on the outside by how you look on the outside... this is what people use to judge if they would have stuff in common. Even in friendships! I would not be friends with some girl that was dressed with her ass hanging out because I don't associate with sluts*. And a guy that has a shirt on that says women belong in the kitchen would be scratched off immediately. Makes sense huh? :)

• no you will probably look intimidating like a lesbian gutter punk