Are brightly coloured hair streaks tasteful or tacky?

I've been thinking more and more about getting a streak or two of a vibrant colour in my hair, but what do people really think about this fad? Does someone having coloured hair change your opinion of what you think they're like? Maybe even make them intimidating? I'd love to hear your thoughts.Are brightly coloured hair streaks tasteful or tacky?

• Tasteful
    14%(7)22%(22)Vote31%(15)
  • Tacky
    38%(19)27%(26)Vote15%(7)
  • Interesting
    32%(16)37%(36)Vote42%(20)
  • Someone I would avoid
    16%(8)14%(14)Vote12%(6)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a risky move, but if done right, can look pretty.

I think it also looks good when girls dye the tips at the end of their hair.

To be honest though, I only like colored streaks on girls with naturally dark hair. I don't think it looks good on girls with a lighter hair color.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• Of course it depends. Contrasting streaks can be too garish. But fairly subtle purple in black hair, for sample, looks appropriate, almost natural.

• It says to me that "Hey that woman looks relaxed and fun to be with." I might even ask her if she want's to come over to my house and color with me one day soon. :)

• it could go either way

• Don't know about tasteful, but I love it.

• I, personally love that shit. I don't care for the conventional standard of beauty, which leaves me on the odd end of finding dates sometimes or most girl super attractive but if I HAD saw you with a hair colour streak with a purple, pink, blue, red or whatever. I will definitely be approaching you to flirt, tease, flirt some more then a genuine compliment just before asking you for your number.

• I think they are okay and have no problem with them. It's something different.

• *IF* you can pull it off. Rarely do I see a girl maintain nice streaks like in your photos.

• They can work. I generally find a streak attractive but at the same time I could see how it would be tacky.

• 7d

It's been a trend for a while now & I think it's starting to go out of style again. Also, dying hair tends to make it really dry & frizzy which can make it look not as good.

• 7d

I think there's like a teen thing were little girls like pre-teens and teens will do it. That makes it tackier.

• Never liked shit like that. Never understood blue hair either.

• I like when there's one streak, like on the edge of the part that goes next to your face. I'm not a fan of multiple streaks around the whole head, but not really opposed to it either.

• As with most things, it can be tasteful of done right.

• sometimes they look good

• lovely

• Depends on girl sexy on some

• they can be both tge picture youve got works well but others won't

• If done right they can be interesting and tasteful.

• ­ ­ ­

• It depends, are we talking about the hair on your head?

• 6d

XD No, the hair on my feet, naturally. Yes head hair, just thinking about things that are different. Certainly seems to be ;p

• tasteful

• that is so early 2000s

• I see blacks with those all the time. It looks trashy. Just like I like my girls.

What Girls Said 15

• Could be either, but mostly tacky.
    The first one is fun and it works for her, the second one is also cute, but the last one looks cheap - maybe because it doesn't look good on her face or because it's faded...

• I had those before. Sure go for it. You have to keep in mind that the color fades away very fast though and you have to tone your hair after that because it gets a really ugly orange color.

• I think they can be beautiful if done right and properly cared for. I also think it depends on your overall style and whether the color is flattering to your skin tone.

• If they're done properly, I can see it work and looking nice

• bright colored streaks are a no for me, a little outdated. the better choice is do an ombre look. like this. ombre is very on trend. streaks only in if they're natural colored and to give dimension to your hair.

• I think some look nice :)
    i like streaks rather than the whole hair coloured like a bright colour but streaks of colour i don't mind.

• I'm nota fan tbh-- tho I think if you have a very certain style you can pull it off and make it look amazing

• I think they're tacky. Something you'd find on a girl in middle school. But then again, everyone's entitled to doing whatever it is they want.

• Hate it. Either go full colour or like do blonde highlights or an ombré. Streaks of coloured hair are for children.

• I like them

• I always like it

• Honestly depends on the person and hair and how they pull it off

• I think there's a time and a place for it. I've never really been a fan of bright streaks that's something a 13 year old girl would do... It's a bit outdated. But if it looks good on you then go for it.

• It's a very young look because it is so deliberate and intentional and not really work appropriate for most people especially as it is done in a color usually not known as a natural hair color. That being said, my best friend has often run a purple streak through her hair from time to time. She is the least intimidating person I know, but people tend to assume she is more on the immature side of things because of it and even she admits, sometimes people don't take her seriously because of it. It all just really depends if you give no f--k's about that and want to just wear it because you like it, which is what she does, or if you care about what others think or don't work anywhere where it would be any sort of problem.

• it dpends to the person because it doesn't look good on everybody.