Do you determine your height with shoes on or off?

lets say you're 5'8 without shoes on and 5'10 with shoes on and someone asks how tall are you? do you reply with 5'8 or 5'10?

thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• without. shoes of course

just like when someone asks me how much I weigh, I don't tell them my weight while wearing a winter jacket

What Girls Said 6

• Without, of course. Shoes aren't a part of your body.

• Well, to friends it's bare because they know my real height anyways.

The thing is that I'm short 5"6 and to strangers that I don't know I would pick the other option because I like feeling tall :D

But then when I meet them they sometimes say "Hm.. are you really X tall? You don't seem to be."

I just reply and say "Don't make me come up there." ;)

• Shoes off.

• I just pick the one I like better, for example in that scenario I would say 5'10 because it sounds better. No one is going to measure you when they ask your height.

• Shoes off, of course!

• i'd tell them my height without shoes

Besides, with my height, I'd be glad to say I'm 5'8

What Guys Said 4

• With shoes. I only get my height done at the doctors and they have never told me to take my shoes off so I wouldn't know what it was anyway. It is only going to add an inch at most if you are wearing sneakers.

• Bare feet. Otherwise your height will fluctuate with the size of your heel.

• Both. Since I'm short I go by actual height because I don't want to mislead any potential date, though.

If I'm playing a sport, I'll boost my height based upon what I am with shoes or cleats on.

• Those are some thick soles...