Middle finger in photographs?

I have a question over here about girls and guys posting their pictures while showing their stupid middle finger in the picture? Seriously what is the whole point of the picture? "go f*** yourself"? can you people be anymore pathetic with these pictures? Call me crazy but one day these pictures will catch up with you through out college or whatever you got going for you in the future and will ruin your amazing lives. This is just stupid, are you trying to look cool? because if you are, you look damn stupid and immature. Might as well walk around with a stamp on your forehead that says "F*** YOU" -_-

Most Helpful Girl

• Whoa, they're flipping off the camera? That is so. freaking. edgy. They seem really cool. What a rebel!

Seriously, is that really what they expect people to think when they see the picture? Despite the badass vibe they're trying to give off, it just looks kinda immature.

Equally bad is the typical girl picture - self-shot with a crappy camera, Myspace angle, making a duckface ( link ) and doing that sideways peace sign. Occasionally wearing sunglasses indoors. Usually with raccoon eyeliner and orange bronzer.

Classy.

What Guys Said 3

• Making stupid kissy-faces, sticking out your tongue and throwing up the middle finger is neither cute nor cool. Girls do such stupid sh*t sometimes.

• This. The tongue one can be fine though.

• Cause theyre stupid and conceited..pick a better freaking place like the outside with your friends -_-

• @ bombwallsnotpeople: That's a good question, but a lot of myspace-whore guys do it too.

• lol I throw up the peace sign instead of the middle finger, it works out better for me and its more fun LOVE AND PEACE LOVE AND PEAVE! lol

• Whats a better thing for a young girl to say to the world?

What Girls Said 8

• i have no respect for people who do that.

• Seriously! Enough already, you don't have to act like a hardass, because we can obviously tell you're just an immature child who thinks putting up an offending gesture makes you cool.

Some people's kids, I tell you.

• um its seriously no big deal. let people take whatever photos they want. honestly you sound stupid for getting worked up over something that is kind of insignificant. its a picture. get over it honey.

• Im not getting worked up over anything believe me, I just wanted to hear other peoples' views on this as well, and figured if I was the only one thinking this..guess not, some people agree on this...

• Yup we do. my definition of worked up = p*ssed off and upset but okay lol its all good.

• This is why, or at least one of the reasons, why so much idiocy is slipping by. People using the 'Big Deal/Get Over It' card instead of seeing the bigger picture. Picture... picture... pictures can ruin a person. Mistakes made will come back and bite one in the end. Karma is a working girl. I done jumped on a few 'youngins' doing it in my family/clan and it ceased to an extent. Friends figure it out the hard way. I know a few who got burned for similar photos... and others of far worse. Times are changing... but photos can be damaging. Yeah, people can take whatever, but it gives them no right to do things that is immoral under the delusion of being 'Cool'. With that said, one must be prepared for the consequences. If I ever pulled a middle finger photo, my tail part would have been burned to the nine hells.

Try not to pull a 'biased contrarian' move in response to my comment, trust I am just on the tip of the iceberg with this subject, and you know what they say about icebergs.

• I hate when people do this, all my friends do it and I just think it looks awful. I make a point of avoiding it. It just looks stupid although I think everyone is under the impression its cool

• Who cares? It's just a picture that I think all of you guys are totally overreacting over.

• Because it's just a pose just like when girls bend over making that stupid face in a mirror. You might as well walk around with a stamp on your forehead that says "f*** me I'm a whore"

• if I don't want a pic taken ill put my middle finger up... I don't see anything wrong with it

• That's different. You're not doing it to be cool.

• True I guess.. and I hate pics being taken of me they usually come out crappy

• Again with this? Lies. Stop having sh*tty self-esteem. You're hot. Accept it.

• is it really that serious?