Girls, Would you walk in your underwear in front of your boyfriend's parents?

My girlfriend comes over my house sometimes. It's a mother & daughter layout, so the bedrooms are on different wings on the home. But common areas like the living room, kitchen, back-yard, pool, patio, etc. are used by both of us.

We're very family oriented, so even when she's over, I'm still very close and involved with my family. She just has a habit of dressing inappropriately, I feel, around my parents.

She'll come downstairs with nothing but one of my shirts and her underwear on. Or she'll wear a t-shirt that's kind of long, with no bra and no pants.

My father has already complained to me that he thinks it's very rude for her to bend over to change a DVD, and advertise her hot pink underwear to him. He's right. She's not his daughter, and even if we were married or engaged, which we're not, it still wouldn't be acceptable.

But maybe it is the norm. There is a world outside my own, or our (my & my gf) own, or our (my family) own. I just want to get a sense of what other girls think and how you feel about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Different people are raised with different values. There would be nothing wrong with it at all in my household. I'd suggest asking her if it's a big problem for her to be a bit more prudish when she's in your home. If she says no problem then the issue is solved. If she finds it overly restrictive, then either your family needs to be more accepting of different values, you need to spend time at her place instead of yours, or you need to find a new girlfriend.

What Girls Said 3

• No, it's not the norm. That's very rude of her...I would never be that confortable around a bf's parents in the 1st place! lol That's a little weird.

• i would definatley not do it. You can't walk around in someone elses home if they live with their parents in just a t-shirt and underwear. I would put some sort of trousers/shorts on at least

• That's wrong. You can do that in your own home around your own family if that's your thing. Tell her she's giving the impression she's of low class.

What Guys Said 2

• That's not really respectable at all. She needs to learn to put on some clothes.

• I agree with you. I think it is inappropriate. Tell her about it. I couldn't imagine it would be a huge problem, because she is in your parents house and she has to abide by whatever rules you set down for her while there.