Do you guys prefere dark, tan or fair skin?

not being racist, it's just a matter of taste.

i personally like both of them.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 30

• Hard to say, I always been attracted to pretty much all. I have liked dark skinned girls and pale ones.

Personally believe people should protect their natural skin tones. A lot of people want to get tanned because American society says its better? Same affect in other nations but against darker skin they want to get lighter because of racism.

The best thing is keeping your own skin tone looking the best it can, loving your skin.

I don't want tanned chicks with wrinkles all over. If you are tanned naturally then cool but a lot of cases are obvious and it only damages your skin and you will age faster.

If you have pale skin learn to love it, the skin tone was a sign of royalty way back. So don't let fads influence you. Same with darker girls you don't want to end up like Michael Jackson.

Better to be healthy and beautiful than have cancer or premature aging.

• Awww that's so true :)

• THANK YOU! I have friends who have "tanning parties" and I think it's insane! I guess it's like smoking, people know it's bad for you, but they still partake in it... :/

Personally, I like my skin tone. I'm tired of being pale is seen as a negative thing. And I LOVE having a neutral undertone in the make up world :D

• Yeah its bad. You have to get tans nowadays to complete your "look."

Hey nice body, pretty smile, you just need a tan. lol

• Naturally dark.

Though if someone is naturally fair they should embrace that. Nothing worse than a blond girl with a tan.

• Any natural shade is fine.

Fake tan looks funny. Excessive powder etc looks odd.

Don't like tattoos much.

• I personally found tanned/dark skin kinda hot, but that's cause I'm kinda white >.> not pasty white or anything, just white (and somewhat reddish? yay Native American blood in me). So the tanned skin is hot. It's why Asians, Latinas, Italians, etc are hot to me. That isn't to say I really give a damn when it comes to me finding a girl I want to be with what her skin is. It's just a plus if so, if not, it's no negative. Personality always matters infinitely more.

• my general rule is the darker the better and I hate pastiness. I'm curious what exactly do mean by dark, fair skin and tan, for example do you mean dark white, dark black or light black

• if you could elaborate that would be awesome

• There is a difference between pasty skin and ivory skin. Very light does not mean unhealthy and is just as "better" than any other color.

• I haven't got a preference. I've seen plenty of gorgeous who were either fair, tanned or dark. If a girl is hot she's hot, skin colour doesn't matter.

• Matter of perception?

What is dark, tan or fair? What defines it as much? I mean, there are people of a rainbow of complexions and what is dark or fair to one, is percieved differently to another. However, from my perspective I can say this: any lighter complexion than mine is fine. No offense, but I am not a big fan of women that have darker complexions than myself.

• If I like the girl then her skin colour does not matter.

• I'll take all of the above; I don't prefer any over the other, as lame and cliche as that sounds

• Fair. The reason if because a girl that is attractive with fair skin is attractive no matter what and that means she isn't baking in the sun or tan bed which means she will be healthy and attractive much longer.

• Hmmm. I prefer olive to fair (not pasty white, light pink), but, if I had to choose, probably fair.

• It doesn't really matter to me what color they are. As long as their hot that's all I care about

• Fair.

• Tanned, but not too tanned.

• Well i love pale skin. Pale/white skin is always a turn on for me. They are just soo attractive and one can't resist them. i wonder why would any girl want to tan her beautiful, perfect, soft and cute white skin.
    I am not a red head nor any of my relative. But TBH they (Red Heads) are the most attractive ones especially when they have blue eyes <3.
    "Paler the better".
    To all fair skin girls. Don't tan your skin honestly you girls look so beautiful in white tone.
    I dont degrade any of the skin tones but for me Pale is Most Attractive skin color. :)

• pale is sexy as hell, but I've seen some girls with tans that look really sexy too, never seen a girl that I found sexy because of the darkness of her skin though, that only happens with pale girls.

• id say anything not too white and not too dark either, just a nice caramel color is irresistible to me :)

• Any skin color except for dark.

• Pasty white is cool with me. :)

• Like ikarus said, Not to dark and not to white.

• I'm black and I like the girl as white as she can come.

• Depends how they taste I guess..?

• tanned, or light

Not pale, not dark.

If the pale girl had amazing eyes, I may reconsider however

• Fair skin

• White, fair skin, or tan.

• Tan olive & fair

• well I'm a black guy, I'm not the darkest, I'm like medium brown

i LOVE fair and light girls. there's something so sexy about them. I love the way certain things look like nipples, and well...use your imagination. ;) lots of light or pink colored parts. very sexy.

i can't help but want to do bad things to sexy, fair skinned girls. in a good way of course. ;)

• f*** you .

• if you're going to get bitchy about guys preferences, why even look at a question about them in the first place? crazy...

• Pure white and african blacks are my two favourites. This means it's either white or black, that's awesome.

• i have tan skin and dark hair...i like girls of all shades but the girls I tend to like the most have lighter hair and skin than me. not pale but lighter and light brown or blond hair blue or green eyes freckles on her nose :)

• Fair skin till the end! I have fair skin and it seems so much more sophisticated and sweet to me :D Tan is lust, fair is love ^^

What Girls Said 29

• I like all! For me, it's not even about the race. If I think they're good-looking, treat me nicely and with respect, and have a great personality, that's all I'm satisfied by :)

• It depends on his overall appearance, I guess. I usually go for tanned guys, BUT I have seen some pretty sexy Italians with fair skin, too. Not just Italians, many guys, really. I think guys can look great with fair skin but only if they have dark hair. I love black hair. I'm not really into blonds. :P

• You know what's interesting, I read an anthropology book about skin and women have lighter skin than men, no matter what ethnicity they are. So women of Nordic descent have lighter skin tones than the men of Nordic descent. And same with women and men from Africa. Does that make sense?

O! And the reason for this is because when a woman gets pregnant, she needs vitamin D (from the sun) for the baby to grow healthy. So fairer skin is seen as more feminine. Is that's crazy? I didn't know before reading the book, lol.

Anyways, interesting fun fact for you. Hope that helped. :)

• *sigh* I'm mixed so my skin is a caramel color. Most guys that I know like fair/very fair skin. Yea it sucks, but hey...that's life

• I'm a black girl and a total sucker for pale, fair, and caramel shades.

Saw a pale guy with black hair and light blue eyes, mouth watering lol

• I don't think skin color matters, as long as it complements the girl and doesn't take away from her beauty.

I half filipino, and half caucasian.

My mom has much more tan skin than me, and I have a light olive skin.

My mom's skin color complements her beauty, just like my skin color complements mine.

But Snooki's umpa lumpa skin DEFINITELY takes away from her looks.

Just stick with your natural glow, guys will love you no matter what color you are :)

• I for one am NATURALLY tan no tanning booths no sun no nothing. I am just naturally tan. I am Mexican anyways. But fair skin is so lovely! So beautiful! With a pair of rosy cheeks! I love both White men and white women.

• so basically are you asking if guys perfer white girls instead of women of color? because only white girls have fair skin everyone else is tan to dark skinned.

• why does it have to be about race?

• sorry, I mean, of course, light skin...but the point is, that I don't want to get to ethic discussions about racist preferences...i'm just asking what color do you feel atracted the most.the same as asking if you like blonds,redheads or brunettes better.

• Uhhhh actually there are Latinos who are white it depends on where you are born

• You kind of answered your own question? Haha, it's a matter of taste..

• I love love love tan guys. So yummmy. Bronze skin. (:

• I'm like really surprised most guys are saying fair. I thought all that guys wanted was tan skin?

• Tan skin can really be over doing it to the point where the girl looks like she was rolling around in doritos, and fair skin is just so beautiful.

• if its a tan a lot of the time it looks way to fake, and that's a turn off

• pale skin is so hot

• If someone or If Guys really Love that girl no matter what she is,no matter what she have or no matter what she looks like they will accept it with their whole heart except to those great pretenders :))

• tan but not to tan and fair skin

• tan skin, on guys

• fair

• Ahahaa I actually really like Asian guys. Don't know why, but not the ones with like glasses and hair they do nothing with LOL. Don't know why just do. Otherwise I like tan or fair.

• darrrrk. :)

• I think some guys are animals, they don't care about their personality only their looks skinny w/ ugly personality or fat with a great personality

• Fair of course! I have a thing for pale or lighter skinned men.

• I prefer fair

• Fair or tan. I am fair myself. I usually like blond guys.

• Fair skin and light eyes<3 My boyfriend is a classic redhead, red hair, green blue eyes with hazel, fair skin, and freckles. I forgot, hot is heck;)

• hnn...I guess fair to tan typically.

• i like pale skin and dark hair/eyes

• I knew it would come to this. Guys on here preferring everything except dark skin. -___-

I'm caramel/toffee colored and I like all skin colors.

• im bi and I like everything on girls, I've never had a skin preference with women, but with guys I tend to go for lighter. Dark skin isn't the problem really, I just tend not to be attracted to black guys which is funny because I'm black. There are dark guys I've seen though, much darker than I am, who weren't black that I found attractive. I met one black guy this past summer who I thought was cute and he was super black, like ebony. I think his skin color alone was really beautiful, flawless actually, but he had a cute face too. We didn't get along though, not that I was going to actually date him, but he called me "white washed" so we started arguing. lol I like some dark skinned Asians, I like some dark skinned mixed latinos, I like some tan people, I like guys with fair skin, etc. I am dark tan, kind of goldish, I used to call myself caramel but my friends decided I'm a bit lighter than caramel so I couldn't use that term anymore ha. so it may be natural for me to be attracted to people with my skin tone, but I also am into fair skin types. I had a thing for blond guys for the longest time. And also brunettes. And also red heads. I kind of like a little of everything, and a lot of most things. There are uggos and hotties in every skin tone, in every race, male or female. I think skin color itself is always beautiful. I can't say I've ever seen a skin tone and thought the skin color itself was unattractive. Ever.

I think culture influences what you like though. For example, if I were white I might not like dark skin. Then again, white isn't a culture. I don't exactly know where I'm going with this. Umm...Peace in the middle east and legalize mary jane? Kay :)

• omg I'm persian and in the winter I'm pale white like kate winslet and summer tan like beyonce! lol

i think environment has a lot of influence on our genes

• Kind of an odd question that I think is probably influenced by culture more so that individual preference.

Anyway, I've been attracted to the whole spectrum of skin colors, but I have to say there are some seriously attractive biracial mixes that are defiantly eye catching. Overall, I have a preference for any skin tone that has a healthy, natural glow -- so pasty white or dull grayed down tones are out.

• I like tan and fair skinned dudes.