Is 5'8 an unattractive height for a guy?

Height most certainly does matter to women, but does it knock him a down a couple of notches?

Don't mind my typo, I meant 'an' not 'and'

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 15

• I'm 5'0. Do you really think I consider 5'8 to be a bad height? I have never heard so much bologna about height before until I joined GAG. I didn't even known it was an issue. The funny thing is, I only hear about it from guys. It's the guys saying girls want this or that. It would be nice if you people would stop telling me what I want.

• Not at all. I mean I am like 5'2" so it's a good height. My boyfriend is like 6' though...But 5'8" is a very ideal height. Not unnatractive at all.

• No not at all , if I really like the guy height means nothing to me, I dated a guy who was 5'6 only a inch taller then mean so 5'8 isn't bad to me

• I'm not talking about "if you like the guy" this is before you even know him.

• well I got to know him before I went out with him so yea

• If I can Wear my heels, and you still be at least my height, it's fine. Things get weird when the guys shorter. I'm 5'4 so I would say you're fine!

• 5'8 really isn't that short. In fact, comparatively, you're TALL! I'm only 5 foot, you know :) So no, I wouldn't find you unattractive because of your height. Don't worry about it, everything'll be good :)

• Well you are only 16, I'm talkign about girls my age. Girls my age around here are probably 5'6 or 5'7 so that is why I'm thinking my height is a problem.

• Actually, the average height for a girl is about 5'5. So you'd generally be about 3 inches taller, which I think is good. Oh, and even though I'm 16, I'll probably only grow another inch or two :P You're fine, don't worry.

• No way I dated a guy shorter than me and his personality took away from the height difference, I hardly ever noticed. I'm 5'7'', and he was an inch or two shorter

• It really depends on how you handle yourself. If you carry yourself with confidence, girls won't even notice your height. :)

Plus, if you were with a girl, your height most likely wouldn't make a difference. If she likes you, she likes you. :)

• no fillerrrrrrrrrr

• Id date a guy that height

• Depends on the girl, I am 5'7 so I think 5'8 is WAYYY too short. I like a guy to be 6' at least.

• i like boys taller then me, and I'm 5'2 and have date d aguy 5'8 so it's deifnitly perfectly fine for me.

• Not too many girls are that short. The only girls that have ever shown interest in me have been around your height. Laughably, one of them even though I was "tall"

• i mean 5'8 is not short...

• It doesn't knock them down a couple notches at all if they are 5'8 for me :)

• How tall are you?

• Well you're not that short, I thought you would be like 4'9 or something to say 5'8 is an okay height...

• Ahaha nope, I'm definitely not 4'9. The last guy I like was actually 5'8. It doesn't bother me if a guy is around my height. If there was a difference like I'm 5'7 to a guy who is 5'4, that's a little different. Not saying it wouldn't happen, it all depends on personality too. :)

• not really. It's better than 5'6

• It wouldn't bother me much, but it would be somewhat of a physical flaw.

A 5'8" guy would be eight inches taller than me, but I personally prefer big guys.

So I'd look at him and think "well, he's cute, but he's not all that big..."

In the long run, though, it wouldn't effect my opinion of him (i.e. if I liked him, I wouldn't refuse to date him just because he wasn't a giant).

• Depends on how tall you are? If you wear heels? etc. I am 5'2 so 5'8 is fine with me.

What Guys Said 6

• My friend is like 5 feet tall and has several girlfriends so I don't think it matters much. 5'8" is actually fairly tall

• Hahah 5'8 is definitely not fairly tall. It's below average... And LoL at your 5 foot friend getting chicks.

• Hmm. I think that if a girl likes you enough she wouldn't mind it. I'm personally 6ft tall so yea, I was 5'8 in like 7th grade.

• Unfornately many (not all but a lot) of women height is a deal breaker in attraction to a guy! 5 foot 8 might be about the border line for most unless they're a super model but even then it can still be a deal break.

• I'm only 5'7 and still have dated 4 files in my life.

• I'm 5'8 as well and my girl is 4'10.5 and to her she feels as if I was 6'2 so I'd say your great

• I'm 5'7" and I am currently dating a girl who's around 5'4" or so. Any girl who's like 5'2" and wants at least 6'0" deserves it, but I look down on them with condescendence and assume stupidity and an irrational clinging to an unjustified ideal. Meaning, their "image of femininity" is overriding their common sense, and I wouldn't want to be with people like that anyways. :)

• Yeah I totally agree. I am a virgin myself currently, the girl I am dating is not. And I'm completely fine with that! Not only because she was in a relationship with a guy she loved for real for 2 years, but also because I just don't see how it's such a great thing that you have to rip a girl apart on the inside. I'm glad I won't have to do that, yeesh.

• non virgins also know what their doing to guide virgin minds ;)

• Agreed. Those who have experienced sexuality are doing their best to regain it in a new relationship, no matter what. Virgins are reluctant and all and make it take an aeon. "I fear if it will hurt and I want it to be special" and whatever - well apparently it can even be semi-special afterward, haha.

So yeah, I agree.