Should a pale girl wear shorts when it's warm out?

so its kinda warm outside right now and I REALLY wanna wear shorts but there's a prob...im REALLY white. I used to get made fun of when I would wear shorts, last year I was taking a walk and some grown man yelled outta his car while I was crossing the crosswalk (damn girl your WHITE get a tan!) and in high school people would tell me I shouldn't wear skirts or shorts it's gross only tan girls can wear shorts. so...i'm going to disneyland ina few minutes and was wondering, do people REALLY care if a pale girl wears shorts? like...is it really that nasty? be honest...coz I'm pretty warm >.<

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm pale and I get compliments for it, lol. Especially in the sun, when I'm wearing a T-shirt and the sun hits me, I positively glow, reflecting all the light onto nearby stuff. It's weird.

I think being pale is sexy so I wouldn't think someone wearing shorts and being pale would be a bad thing. I don't think there is anything wrong with being yourself and besides, you should never let societies preconceptions stop you from expressing yourself. :)

Besides, the only way they'll stop being so pale is if you expose them to more sunlight. So pop on the sun-tan lotion and...wear shorts. :)

Bonus piece of useless info: people consider legs worse than arms for being pale because instead of pale, you think pasty. Doesn't get out much, is always covered up, not looked after, and possibly a result of you being underfed, weak and unhealthy. It's just..something that dragged over from the 20th century, I guess.

You shouldn't worry about it too much. People have strong opinions, and sometimes, it makes them turn into morons. :)

What Guys Said 31

• I like pale girls.

Anyone who shouts something out of a moving car at a woman isn't really a grown man. Let's be honest. :)

• Wtf? Wow, some people just have nothing good to say. Eff them, wear your damn shorts and show off those pale ass legs of yours! ROCK THEM. You can wear whatever the freak you want, people are just jealous of you probably. That's some bullsh*t if I EVER did hear it. That's like saying black girls can't dress a certain way because they look like sluts while other girls can. Its the same thing, just reversed. Know what I say? Haters gonna hate, guaranteed. So do what you want instead of what they want, because they will always find something to hate on.

And for that dbag in the car that told you to get a tan, he's probably gay because you look perfectly normal to me. Dark girls, pale girls, tan girls, they are all sexy to us straight guys, so don't even worry about what he said.

• Lol at all the repsonses you guy deserve cake. Yep seriously.

Pink Girl I guess no one told you that yes tan girls are hot (unless they look like a baked out leather seat from a pinto hatchback circa vegas dive waitress 1977)

"COUGH.. Hey Paulie we got two dippers COUGH COUGH HACK... and a side of sludgers on COUGH table six"..."Coming right up doll face"!

BUT

Pale girls have something special over other girls. That creamy white skin is exotic and soft like porcelain, giving your beauty an almost ethereal and angelic quality to it. It is what is called classic and sensual beauty. The most venerated paintings in the world of beautiful women are of that pale skin highlighted just right. Enough to cause people who see them to even burst into tears at her beauty. It makes you a soft whisper of sensuality that cannot be copied.

Us Italians call it : "Il mio angelo piĆ¹ bello"

Or

"My angel most beautiful"

Those girls in school are the same ones who will be married to high paid pricks who don't get two craps about them (yes two.. not one), and that is why they are depressed, miserable, and when they see you years later, with the man of everyone's dreams on your arms , even after years of marriage are still madly in love as if you just met, and you are a success AND WEARING A BEAUTIFUL BLACK SHORT CUT BLACK NUMBER (drum roll) AND PALE they will wonder where it all went wrong... Wishing they were you...

I say rock on, to hell with the haters. Work it like the world wants it, and if they don't, then make them.

/ 2 cents

• Okay, first of all you suck! I WISH it were warm enough to wear shorts! Haha! Yes, I'm jealous.

Now that that's out of the way, no there's absolutely nothing wrong with with a pale person wearing shorts. That's just crazy talk! Enjoy the sun and keep cool.

There IS something wrong, however, with really obese people wearing spandex. . .

• You should wear shorts, no problem with that.

Some cowards will always get out of their way to try to make others feel bad, because they are pathetic turds and try to make their sad self look better by pushing down on others.

I'm sure these shorts look good on you, and the vast majority of guys will thank you for wearing them ! Lol

• i find it hard to believe people would be that vocal about it. I've never seen it. but you should wear whatever you want. I mean, why do other peoples opinions matter?

• their opinios don't matter, I jut get really insecure when people say things and it gets to me since I'm overly sensitive

• To be completely honest: You should wear what YOU feel comfortable wearing. To hell with what other people think because you were not born to please anyone else. If someone doesn't like what you are wearing then tell them to get fu+#ed cause you weren't brought into this world to please ANYONE whatsoever. With that said, I do like to see tanned girls legs yes but I have also enjoyed many not so tanned girls legs as well. But I do prefer a tan myself. But like I said your not here to please me or anyone else so you should wear what YOU feel comfortable wearing.

• LilPinkGirl, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Speaking for myself (and, dare I say it, a large number of straight men), pale is beautiful. Granted, you run the risk of getting sunburned, but there is nothing unattractive about white skin. It's not nasty, and if it is your only "flaw" (lol), then you are indeed a lucky woman. Hrm, well I just looked at your pictures and you don't appear particularly pale. In fact to be perfectly honest you're included in the lighter side of the spectrum of what I was picturing when you said "only tan girls can wear shorts".

Either way. Pale is fine.

• LOL thanks for answering. and yeah...in my pix I used sunless tanning lotion or spray tan >.< lol. I've actually tried using it on my legs but for some reason it doesn't work so I usually just wear panty hose hahaha

• Should a pale girl wear shorts when it's warm out? In your case, yes, I would want to see as much as your pale skin as possible. Being that pale though you're likely to burn easily. So you should wear sun block.

• i def wear sunblock, I burn soooooooo easily its scary haha

• maybe you're allergic to the sun?

• shannonann, it's well know those with fair to pale skin sun burn quick and easy under a hot sun. Depending on where in the U.S., for example, she lives would determine how long she could last un-protected under the sun. In Hawaii, she wouldn't last two minutes. In Southern Florida maybe ten minutes before she starts turn red In the middle states she could possible stay out 15 to 20 minutes before she starts turning red.

• Yes. Some pale girls are unattractive and I don't want to see them showing a lot of skin. But that shouldn't stop them from wearing what they want. Maybe someone else would find them attractive.

• I think pale girls are hot! tan girls are not (imo) wear the shorts.

• wear them and by wearing them you'll get a tan init. Thought of that? XD. But yeah you will still look good even pale :) That guy was just an asshole.

• A real man (like me) could care less about physical appearance. I mean it's perfectly normal to be self conscience about your looks but honestly, you will love yourself a whole lot more if you don't care what anyone else thinks. I promise. Wear those booty shorts and show off those white legs. It's a free world. Love yourself and everyone will love you too.

• Thanks for the thumbs down.

• dang I just saw this and I highly doubt I'm as bad as a 300 lb woman wearing booty shorts...boo on being compared to that lol

• Screw that guy. You look hot from what I can tell. The less clothes the better haha

• Ha. Wow. My legs are that pale too but the rest of my body isn't. It feels kinda weird but I don't care what others think. Just wear them shorts girl and let everyone know you are proud of your body and you don't care how white or dark you are, you are you and your not going to let people get to you! :)

• girl wear ever you what to out side what do you care if people make fun of what you are wearing and you don,t have a tan or not some guys can be reel ass holes some time do what you what to do and if hot out side then wear short and to hell with them and if you burn easy wear some thing stop you from getting burned and wear the hell of of your short

• Unless you have varicose veins or something, go for it. Wear what makes you comfortable and if people don't like it, screw 'em.

• Pale girls are also beautiful, I prefer them, to overly tanned girls.

The paler the better to me.

• im a nice guy and a gentleman who will wait to have sex with a woman. but if I saw you in vegas being pale like you are I'd have you easily on my list for a trip to the stratosphere...youre hot. wear what you want and be confident girl.

• If you are hot, wear shorts. If people are blinded by your beauty, that's their problem. I'm white as a ghost myself. Wear sunscreen, it takes dedication to get that translucent.

• Yup if you wanna. It's comfy and if you're cute more power to ya.

• rock the shorts

• ehhhhhhhh? No its alrwady too bright out there, you want people to get blind or do you want people to crash because of you?

• pale girls are beautiful, wear the hell out of those shorts.

• Yh wear shorts.

It doesn't matter what color your skin is plus pale looks great.

As long as your legs aren't hairy lol

• Pale skin is the most beautiful of all, in my opinion. Show of your pale legs if you have them!

• do it.

• Go for it ;)

• if you're pretty I don't care if you're white or purple . well maybe not purple you gotta set limits (mitch hedberg joke) . but really color skin is not really important for me as long as you're somewhat good looking

• If you're that white go tanning. Who cares what anybody thinks

• i a gree with them

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 29

• If you have pale legs be proud of them! flaaunt what your mother gave you and never be ashamed of who you are

• WTF

Please...give them the finger and continue on with the most beautiful skin ever! xD

...just remember to wear A LOT of sunblock!

...and make sure your skin is the same color all over your body and face. There's nothing more disgusting than someone having almost burnt arms and pale legs. . .if you're pale, be pale all over! :)

/like I am xD/

• YES! everyone should wear shorts when it hot out. I don't care if your skin had blue and purple polka dots. When you walk down the street, and you think people are staring at you, THEY ARENT! its just your self conscious tricking you! And if for some reason someone ever says anything, well then screw them! Are they paying your bills, or feeding you, or teaching you another language? Probably not, so who cares what they think! SSport your white legs GIRL! the more they are exposed, the darker theyll get anyways!

• Do you want to overheat? Catch heat exhaustion? Pass out? Get stinky? Get drippy sweaty? Who cares... Put them on to stay cool. Sacrifice comfort and your health because of a few insults? You could try wearing leggings instead. But shorts are better. If your skin bugs you that bad go get a spray on tan. Please don't sun tan purposely it turns your skin to leather

• I think if you wanna wear shorts outside because its extremely warm/hot then I think you should! Where what you wanna wear and be who you are!.. Just ignore those morons. :] LOL.

Btw yeah make them rock! Haha! Just always be yourself! That's all that matters! xD

• I'm in high school and people tell me to get a tan a lot too but nahh I'd rather not get skin cancer and look like leather when I get older. Nothing wrong with pale skin, it's hot. F***the haters.

• Actually pale is not exactly in yet but its getting there. And who cares if other people don't like it at least when your older you won't look twice your age and have skin cancer. seriuosly don't worry about it, I have very pale skin, I swear I look dead if I don't move everyone and awhile lol. but if you wear contrasting colours, like deep purple, red, forest green you can show off the pale ness to its best.

• ugh this racist mexican dude that thinks I'm hot by the way asked me "do you like being white? because you're really pale and it's disgusting" and I replied with "white and proud. f*** off"

• Don't worry about what anyone else says, you shouldn't have to wear pant in 90 degree weather because of what other people think. But a tip, wear white so when you start getting a tan it'll be more pronounced (:

• Yep, glad someone asked this.

I'm fairly pale too, I'm pretty sure I've gotten called a ghost before. Lmfao. I usually end up burning and looking like a starwberry, not hott one bit. Personally, I always thought guys prefered really tan girls. The hell with tan people, we might be super white but we won't die of skin cancer or get wrinkles early in life. (:

• Girl, wear the shorts!

Ignore people who hate. If you're a healthy weight, there's no problem.

If you're confident, even if you're faking it, people will leave you alone.

If you're still uncomfortable though, try fun tights, or light colored shorts.

• Girl, you and me are in the same boat I am pretty white and unfortunately guys do like tan girls better but I wear what I want and what I feel comfortable in so don't worry about what some asshole says if its hot outside don't suffer, wear what you want and feel confident!

• wow people these days huh ?

dont worry about what people say wear the shorts !

we are not born to look like cheezies

• yeah , but there is always tanning , but yeah totally get your legs out lol your still going to look good , f*** anyone that says you shouldnt

• Buy some Sally Hansens quick tan spray can. Just spray in on your legs and wala you have tan legs. Or if all else fails just get a professional spray tan. Just make sure to exfoliate first.

• Hell yeah! Shorts are made for everyone. someone once told me my legs were like glow in the dark, but that didn't stop me. You'll never get a tan if you keep those puppies covered up!

• I think white skin on women is super sexy. My last girlfriend was really white with blond hair and WOW. I am not a real big fan of tanned skin myself.

• hu cares people are horrible why would you want to try impress them I think you shud :')

• idk I get weird when people say anything bad. I know I shouldn't care but I just wanna make everyone happy >.< lol

• i know I'm the same I'm just passing on info I got :P

• i like pale skin :) wear them proud ! but with sunblock

• yes! I do! lol

• yup, who cares.

• Well if you don't get your legs out you're not going to get a tan. I was always worried about my legs being too white but now I don't care

• Wear them! I am about 200 shades lighter than you and I do. It is still hard for me to because someone as white as me is almost never seen anymore, but who cares what others think! You are beautiful!

• Pale girls should wear whatever the hell they wanna wear. It's HOT! It's 90 something degrees where I live, I would hope that pale girls aren't walking around wearing jeans and parkas because some idiots think they aren't tan enough. If someone disrespects your natural skin color tell them to f*** off and eat sh*t. They shouldn't be saying things like that. There is nothing wrong with being pale, that is who you are naturally. At least you aren't risking skin cancer by trying to be someone you're not. Don't let the words of idiots make you feel less than

• Wear whatever you want. People are so stupid sometimes. This is how people get a complex.

• Being tan is overrated, wear those shorts girl!

• Yes, everyone has pale legs, & the only way to get them tan is wear shorts (or go to the tanner, which I don't recommend.)

• of course you can wear shorts if its warm out, people shouldn't be so immature and judgmental about things like that. you don't have anything to be ashamed of so go with the shorts :) and if you're a little unconfident then maybe buy some subtle tanning lotion that builds up, just so you have a little more 'glow' without going to the extreme. or brush a little bronzer onto your legs and you should be good to go :)

• Why not, and if it's warm than you might just get a little color.