Why does everyone straighten their hair, and why do guys like straight hair more?

You should rock what you have :P

My hair is a mix of wavy and curly hair. But I even have a few straight strands. I used to straighten my hair everyday though, but that was because I wanted to have scene hair. Lol :)

thaaanks for your answers!

and a tips for you girls if you wanna keep your curly hair but it's too frizzy...brush it before shower, and after shower put leave in conditioner all over.. and maybe some shine serum or anything that is made for curly hair. brush carefully, or ust run your fingers through your hair while it's wet. let it dry naturally. when its dry put gloss spray, but you don't have too... :P

My hair kinda gets like this link

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess because it's easier to manage. My hair, naturally, is very straight - but even then, if I'm going to be going out at night to a club or something - I'll use straighteners. It givers more of a 'gloss' look, and it stops it getting frizzy from heat or sweat in a club.

But usually I just tie mine up at night and curl it, then I have to do literally nothing apart from take it don't. But if my hair were naturally curly, I doubt it would be as manageable as it is now.

What Guys Said 4

• no idea, curly hair can be really cool but I guess straight hair is move feminine since guys have curly hair

• lol guys have straight hair too.

and girls have curly hair too.

• I don't really prefer straight hair over curly hair or vice versa. I think girls do their hair nicely more for other girls than they do for guys.

• I have thought this as well. I have never been more/less attracted to a girl because of her hair style (unless it's ridiculously pretentious i.e emo/hipster) and I don't really analyze the hair style. sure it makes up the bigger picture, but I think girls make a bigger deal over it then guys.

• I looooooooooooooooooove naturally curly hair!

• wavy, long brunette hair is the best!

What Girls Said 12

• My hair is naturally wavy, but the length waves it down and makes it look straighter than it is, save for the mini-wave each strand has right at the end. :P To be honest, I kinda wish it were wavier! That said, I do straighten my hair on occasion-- sometimes for special events, or on days where my natural hair is totally unmaneagable and I don't want to put it up. It's not something I like doing too often, though-- mainly because I hate spending time on my hair. :P

• I have curly hair and I love my hair. I tried straightening it but it looked terrible on me. I have been told that people want my hair and get perms to have my hair.

By the way: I use Pantene for curly hair(dry to moisturized) for my hair and that keeps it from frizzing and makes it look shiny.

• Cool (; So, do you use Pantene shampoo/conditioner or anything else?

• I use the shampoo,condititioner,spray gel, mousse, and deep moisturizing treatment. It sounds like a lot more than it actually is. :)

• straight hair is healthier (naturally straight hair that is,but girls fake it) and it's shinier and easier to manage,but yeah,it's stupid to spend hours on something as pointless as ruining perfectly good hair

• Because we're not all lucky enough to have hair that cascades into a set of perfect curls when we wake up first thing. Without straightening my hair, it just ends up looking really bad D:

• I just do whatever goes with my outfit, straight or curly, as long as it looks right, I'm cool with it

• Guys on here prefer straight hair. I have curly hair and have been wearing it curly and down since around February, maybe January and I've had plenty of dudes compliment me on it

• I only straighten my hair every week or so... curly hair is much sexier!

• my hair is a right mess if I don't straighten it. it's naturally wavy/curly, I like it better straight

• because straight is easier to manage, I don't like walking around with an Afro...

• I guess because it gives you more of a mature look...then again maybe not, that's my opinion

• My hair is naturally wavy. Sometimes I do it curly or straight. I get compliments on each style and that means people have preferences ;)

• curly hair is just a pain in the ass, It gets frizzy all the time -__- but I don't straighten it cause wasting 15 minutes in the morning is also a pain in the ass.

I personally don't straighten my hair, id rather have frizzy hair than wake up 15 minutes earlier in the morning.