Is being short a disadvantage?

Just out of curiosity, is a guy who is short seen as less attractive? Or is not being tall, well I hate to use the word turn-off, but is it unattractive?

Obviously personality matters and blah blah, but how much does height matter to you? Is it one of the main things you look for physically, or are their other things more important?

• Yeah, you're screwed...shorty...
  • No, doesn't matter to me/don't noticed height much
  • It's a little of a disadvantage, but not much.
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll admit: a guy who has height on his side gets extra points from me because I can hardly find guys taller than me [ and cute ! ] lol. I'm 5'8". Now, that doesn't mean short guys aren't attractive. There are a lot of short guys who are cute and/or has a nice body, but I do want someone taller than me. :/

I don't mean to sound superficial. I do think personality is important. All of my past boyfriends [ only 3 ] thus far have been either as tall as me or 1/2 inch shorter. So don't feel discouraged. (:

What Girls Said 12

• I genuinely don't care about height. If you're a great person for me, you're a great person for me.

That being said, while I don't care and have never really cared, my significant others who were ever even slightly shorter or my height would care VERY much. So in my case it seems like it's something they are way more concerned about than I am or ever was :P

• I think it just matters more so for the women who are tall;

I'm tall, and I just feel kinda unfeminine next to a shorter guy, because I'm bigger than him. Is he any less able than say a tall guy? No, but each girl has her preference.

• other things are waaay more important. honestly, I wouldn't mind dating someone shorter than me. I mean, I guess I would prefer someone taller, but that's way low on my list.

• Well I'm 5'10 and I'm still growing, height does matter to an extent but I guess I wouldn't mind a guy the same height as me. But maybe not shorter :)

• well I'm 6'4'' so I'm sort of used to short guys lol, so to me it doesn't matter no :)

• I find it more attractive if a guy is taller, but I won't refuse to date anyone based solely on height (or lack thereof). It's definitely a disadvantage but not a deal-breaker. It's not one of the main things I look for, either. (The main things being eyes/face, general interest in his own health, similar interests, respect for others, etc.)

I honestly think a girl who says she doesn't notice height at all is probably fudging a little. Most girls would probably ideally prefer a guy to be noticeably taller than she is because to be taller is considered a masculine trait. It depends on the maturity of the beholder, though. Just like every guy is not going to refuse to date a girl who can't fill a C-cup, not every girl is going to expect a guy she dates to fulfill any particular height requirement.

• Welp. I'm 5'2 so I generally don't have the problem of having a guy be shorter than me. I've dated a guy that was my height, but I haven't really found an attractive, nice, short guy. So I'm stuck with all the tall guys. Ha.

I don't think height makes a guy any less/more attractive.

&& Even if I was taller I don't think I would take height into too much consideration. There are many other things to take into perspective for me to consider them as dating material, and height wouldn't be one of them.

• i think it does kind of matter, if the girl is like 5'6 and the guy is like 5'2, because the girl is going to have to bend down to kiss the guy but if its like 5'6 and the guy is like 5'5 then in my opinion that's okay.

• I like tall guys because I am tall 5'6-5'7 (nurses suck at taking height). Personality and a persons character is important. Everyone must have one physical feature that they require whether it is someones smile or hair length whatever.

Mine physical feature that I am truly attracted to is height.

• I am short, but I am really attracted to tall guys. However...I could like the right short guy, but he has to be amazing in all other aspects.

• yea ..being short is a disadvantage if the person in question is a guy. Height is among the first things in a guy.

• honestly, I m tall- so it matters to me.

But it is def. not unattractive. how tall are you anyways?

• I'm 5'4" the average height of a[n American] woman. yay... and I'm not getting any taller lol

• now c`mon it ain`t bad at all. now a days I see more people(both guys and girls) under the 5`6``

So you are not loosing on anything...unless you like tall girls :p PLus short guys are generally cute.

• short guys are generally cute? lol that's a new one...

thanks for the answer

What Guys Said 3

• i like short girls, but every short person I know is funny.. I don't know why, but they are just cool people

• i like short girls too. maybe just because I feel less awkward/height difference though..

personally, I'm pretty serious. not that funny. but I do know some funny short people as well.

• wow, I don't know any serious short people... all of them are funny and light hearted, guys and girls alike

• Based on what the girls on here say, yeah you might be kind of screwed. The seem to want 6 inches or more of a height difference.

• what? are you serious? 6 inches? uh...

• Yeah search for the height difference question on this site. You'll see a lot of girls saying gaps of 6 inches or more. Shadow is 4'9" and I think she said she wants a guy to be 5'10" or 5'11" I forgot which.

• Women be shallow.

• Look at it this way:

Any woman who does think it's a big deal is not worth a damn.