Are large breasts really going out of style? strange story...

I am just asking because that seems to be the trend…

I was at Victoria’s secret buying a bra (I wear a 34D, but I work out and I’m basically a perfect hourglass so it’s not fat) and the lady who fitted me recommended that I get a minimizer.

I was a little surprised!—I told her that I was satisfied with my figure and preferred an underwire. She continued to point out all the “pretty” minimizers they had and even went so far as to say that if I wore a minimizer it would accentuate my butt more, and that would please the butt men! I REALLY thought that was overboard as there is absolutely nothing wrong with my butt either, and I didn’t like her pushing me to be dissatisfied with myself.

She then went to say that large chests are going out of style, and that clothing manufacturers were tailoring their garments to suit smaller-busted women.

Needless to say, I was very frustrated and I left the store and bought my bra elsewhere.

Is it true that larger breast on a thinner woman are going out of style? I realize that celebrities sometimes will get implants, but I’m beginning to believe that for us mainstream girls, an A-cup is considered the new “hot.” Not to insult anybody out there—but what’s the deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Heres the thing: What women consider to be attractive on other women and what men consider to be attractive on women are two COMPLETELY different things. It's pretty safe to say that guys will always have the same "appreciation" for large breasts, but other women may not consider it attractive anymore.

My sister tells me that when women dress nice to look good, it's not to impress or attract men, it's to impress other women. Other women confirm this to be true. Based on that, yes, it's possible for large breasts to go "out of style", but only in the eyes of OTHER WOMEN, because in the eyes of men it's not about style.

THERE IS HOWEVER a small sliver of truth to this because there has been a recent growth in the popularity of athletic women. Take Kiera Knightley for instance, who has a six pack and flaunts it in just about every photo shoot she does, and guys are digging it. They don't care that she has practically no breasts to speak of, because her athletic figure makes up for it. And small boobs go hand-in-hand with athletic figures because you don't really see a woman with defined abs AND large breasts, since exercise burn away the fat.

Don't stress over it, keep on doing what you've been doing all your life, and the majority of guys will go nuts over the way you look in anything form-fitting, and remember that when you hear statements like that, it's not coming from a man who is lusting after you, it's coming from a woman whose opinion comes from a purely FASHION perspective.

• Thank you for your very insightful answer. I don’t have a six-pack really (maybe a shadowy one lol) but I don’t have tummy flab either so I’m not really trying to change anything. I just hope they don’t go out of style because mine aren’t going anywhere LOL.

I think it’s easy to confuse what’s fashionable with what’s desirable to the majority of people at that particular moment in time. Maybe people are just learning to appreciate a broader spectrum of body types. Idk.

• You're welcome. I meant to give you best answer before but I forgot lol. Thank you so much!

• In response to your second paragraph, your sister is correct. And even beyond that, it would seem from my own experience that women care more about their breast size than men! In response to the question asker, a body type doesn't go out of style, what you put on it might, but you should stay proud of who you are. That bra saleswoman should be careful not to let the door hit her "accentuated" ass on the way out.

What Guys Said 10

• No, small boobs are not very attractive. It's at least a handful or quite big but not too big I think most guys prefer. The reason they wanted to say that is so you buy more stuff. It's called "suggestive selling" I know from retail experience and I hate doing it because it's against my beliefs. I'll pick what I want and if I ask for your help then do it but otherwise leave me to browse thank you ver much! Say that and they will leave you alone! My girlfriend has quite big breasts which I love btw and the other day she went to LaSenza (lingerie shop don't know if you get in the US) and got a bra which made them look even bigger and pop out more lol and she looked amazing with it on (even more than usual!)

Maybe its a US thing

Big boobs are hot imo lol!

Don't worry about it

its all personal preference

• Their Bulshiting you...

People aren't attracted to something because it's "in".

Their attracted to it by the laws of nature: bigger breast; better nutrition for future babies; better survival rate for genes etc etc.

It has nothing to do with what magazine's or fashioners say what's hot.

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! F*CK NOOOO! I don't know who this b*tch is but she needs to find a different job. Let the sexy big breasted women get the sexy things they need that we want to see! For God's sake! How could this no nothing chick, or anyone else, be telling big breasted women to make their boobs seem small/smaller?

Moral of the story, big boobs, small boobs, there IS NO TREND! They're boobs! We love em' all! Why would anyone think any different?!?

• naa, tities are still better than butt ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE BIGG. I mean a nice big round booty is EXCELLENT! but there are just some things you can do with two pillow soft tigs that you just can't do with a butt, well...that shouldnt be done to a butt. and no offense to anyone but haha no A-cups lol I mean that's just not the pref, not saying I wouldn't mess with a A-cup but cmon if a guy had his pick hahaha its obvious

but just in case it ain't its all bout 34C-DD! :) YEA

• I will admit.. I do prefer the "smaller breasted women" I'm not exactly sure why but they are just my preference. It seems to me that when I entered high school smaller chested girls were what attracted me more. I don't know why but that's the fact.

• Ahhhhhhh! Run away! Don't listen to that crap. If you work out and still look like you say you do that is GREAT. Sounds like an extreme case breast envy if you ask me.

• no never guys give girls that have big brest more attention and give you the upper hand .

• no not really, kate from stylista for example is hot!

link

• Not for me. As I grow older my preference for large breasts becomes more and more prominent.

• Let's think about this for a second. . .

Clothing manufacturers make what designers tell them to make. Who are those designers? They tend to be gay men. So not exactly with a finger on the pulse of what straight men like. Now, wander over to a men's magazine and what will you see? Big firm boobs on thin toned bodies. Next look at the reaction of the typical guy when he sees big firm boobs on a thin toned body. Raging, urgent hard on.

And I'm guessing you should be MORE than familiar with this, if you're showcasing your 34Ds in an underwire that displays them to best effect, especially if you're otherwise thin and toned. Your body is literally a walking instigator of male erections.

And for that, THIS male sincerely thanks you! Please get bras that make you look and feel sexiest! ;-)

What Girls Said 26

• You have to remember who you were talking to - a saleswoman with one thing on her mind, selling you a product. I've never come across a saleswoman who uses subtle insults to sell a product - but it does make sense to attack your self esteem to get you to buy the product. I'm sure she has used the same spiel before with better results - some women can't help but to want to be "in". I've never heard of a "minimizer" before but if more women wore them, I guess I eventually would. It's good that you have a strong appreciation for your own self image and didn't fall for it.

Good for you that you went elsewhere. I would have spoken to the manager about how unhelpful she was before leaving the store myself. I hate pushy saleswomen.

As for larger breasts going out of style, I don't pay much attention to what the current style is so I really wouldn't know. I feel that men who are attracted to women who are constantly changing to be in style are just as shallow as the women who take extraordinary lengths to follow them. I found the look I was comfortable with and stuck with it. It's late 90's grunge - at least I'm not stuck in the 80's, lol.

• I don't see how they can be fashionable or unfashionable. A girl has no control over how large her breasts are unless she gets implants. To say that one size is in style while another isn't is just disgusting. That creates insecurities in women simply because they let nature take its course. That woman should be ashamed of herself.

By the way, minimizers aren't all that good for you in the long run. They damage the tissue in your breasts, which causes them to sag. Yeah, I'm sure that's becoming more stylish too. . .

• Actually, on some level, I do agree that large breasts are not so fashion-friendly anymore. Of course, it's really nothing to worry about. Who cares if you're fine with them? But, it does suck sometimes when you can't buy a particular top or a cute summer dress. A lot of the "trendy" clothing stores for young women (i.e. Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, H M, etc.) make a great deal of their clothing only for smaller bust lines, I think. If you try to squeeze into them, it just looks horrendous (the cuts go all wrong, and it likely comes off as unnecessarily whorish).

• Well, that's fine for me! I was measured as a 34AA recently but then yesterday was measured as a 32B? Haaha!

That's stupid - how can large chests go out of style!? They're (mostly) natural!

Who cares what the 'fashion' is. Be proud of your size, large or small!

P.S-- Me and some of my friends were in VS in New York, and a friend who is an F cup was not impressed that a lingerie shop didn't go above a D cup. . .

• well I'm usually into fashion and what's "in" but I've never heard of larger breasts going out of style.

though even if it were I wouldn't care at all. the hourglass figure is generally the ideal figure so be confident that you have that [at least in the chest.] I'm definitely confident and proud that I have it!

also, as "WeaponZero" pointed out, what many women consider attractive isn't necessarily what men consider attraction. lots of make-up, fake tans, and extreme fake hair [bleached, extensions, etc.] is considered attractive to many females [excluding myself] but apparently not to guys. a good rule of thumb is that guys actually like what at least looks natural, which includes an hourglass figure.

• thats a great question! it would seem like it because you can never find attractive bras these days (usa) for biger busted women like youself and myself! it drives me nuts! I am a 36ddd I'm not fat either although I did just have a baby, but I can never find a bra that looks good! and I can't stand g-ma bras! my fiance loves my breasts, and I've gotten plenty of comments (not bragging) on them before! I'm proud of mine and show plenty of clevage! so in fashion for clothes and what not yeah I thnk they may be going out of style but in life and rlationships no I don't think they ever will! and they will be in fashion again! just like whn the brunett phase is over unfortunately it will be back to blondes or maybe even redheads! fashion changes all the time! don't worry bout it!

• That lady needs to learn how to speak to people!

If the girl have natural large chest it can't just be chopped off because someone said this,

someone said that + magazine cover shows exact pair of boobs you need to have! It gets ridiculous this days, girls change their chest size like their change their clothes and it's only because of the stupid influence from out there where 'smart' people decide what is perfect body of a girl! Girls need to love their natural forms - no matter how big or small their chest is!

You did brilliant by telling her that you are satisfied with your figure - that defiantly made her bite the dust!

• Sounds like an utter bitch, with a small chest. Take no notice of her, her boyfriend probably left her for someone with a larger chest (who was better in bed, because lets face it, you and I can do things to please men that physically are not possible with an A cup ;) ).

Big is most definitely beautiful. That hermaphrodite can go to hell!

• At 36F I hope not! I doubt it, Victorias Secret need to get with the times as they don't sell anything larger than a D cup and yet most other stores (at least here in UK) sell good ranges upto G sometimes H cup and pretty bras, lacy bras etc. I'd say women with larger boobs are coming into there own around now, because of the nice underwear now avaliable which hasn't been before.

• Hey! I'm a 34F Brit too. Don't you just love La Senza? Man that was a good sale they had this month. :D Check out Brastop.com by the way, they have 3 stores in London. One at Victoria station as I recall. Such a good shop. OOOOOH I just had a thought, now I have a man in my life, I can go UNDERWEAR shopping... yippeeeeeee!!!

• i still think big boobs are in, especially if you're thin. she was just trying to sell you a minimizer!

• Don't believe her! Just believe in yourself, trust me, most women would KILL to have your figure! Maybe SHE was jealous? Who knows? So she came off a bit rude. Just be proud. You have naturally what a lot of women spend thousands of dollars for! Keep up your fitness.

Trust me, although it comes down to individual preference, but generally, an hourglass will always be the classic standard of beauty/sexiness. It's proportional, and proportion is attractive.

It's not going out of style. I'm a B cup with huge hips. I'd love to have Ds. Surely other body types are hot (like small breasts on a petite athletic build), but the most classic one, the one that NEVER GOES OUT OF STYLE is hourglass. Flaunt it. Just falunt it proudly for all of us who would like to, but can't =)

• I have no idea if large breasts are going out of style, but I'm with you 100% on your decision to walk out of that store.

• that is so not true..that lady must have been jealous or something...but I have a lot of guy friends and they always talk about girls with big boobs so I don't think that an A cup is the new hot at all...lots of guys like girls with big boobs so that theyll have something to hold...at least my boyfriend does...

• she was probably just trying to sell you something you didn't need

but still what a BITCH

this is why I hate women

but anyway its good that you left the store

• its a load of rubbish. am the same size as you and still buying tops (size 10-12) that fit me at the chest :-) She must be jealous haha was she a flat chest herself ?

just ignore her

• She was probably like a B cup if I had to guess. I wasn't really looking. But I don't understand anybody being jealous of a girl they'll never see again! LOL. Maybe she was making sure she'd never see me again, because I'm never darkening the doors of that particular VS again! haha.

• FUCK THAT. I have big breast and damn well proud of them, men especially love them screw all that "going in style bullshit" like the media doesn't have us feeling shitty about ourselfs enough!

• Haha its kinda funny... I don't think guys are wanting ALL breasts to be small... I think she was just jelouse lol

• I am small busted and I'm sorry large or small..boys like toys...tell that bitch to get over her small tatas and don't be jealous cause she don't have them...get some confidence.It's how you carry yourself.Don't listen to that crap.

• its become more common

• hmmm

i'd say because breasts have been so popularized that they've lost their mystique for a lot of men out there.

And many of my guy friends tell me ass>breasts but both are better!

• WTF NO. No one wants A cups!

• Breast and butts never go out of style, is the way you show them that might not be working out.

• Hunny, breasts never go out of style. Anyone who tells you that is a woman.

• yeah I wished I had bigger boobs. but I guess I'm ok with mine. I think a lot of guys I know like bigger boobs so it's definitely not out of style

• that lady is just stupid she doesn't know what she is talking about I have always been kinda big in that depo and in elemanty I was a B and idc what she says they are like almost always in STYLE to just about all guys and some girls I guess I don't know I am not like that but still

• Please she probably had a quota of minimizers to sell. A very effective marketing tool is to make consumers feel insecure so they will spend money buying things to "fix" what's "wrong" with them. Hell ask any guy if he thinks big breasts are out of style! I have big breasts and no one's every told me I'm unstylish for having them. How can a body part go out of style anyway? Either you're born with big boobs or not. Don't worry about her she was just trying to sell something.