Black dots after shaving armpits?

so ladies whenever I shave my armpits theres like black dots there like a dark color. how

can I stop this?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's probably stubble or hair follicles below the skin that your razor can't reach. That's common with dark, coarse hair, especially if you have fair skin. Waxing rather than shaving is one solution, since it removes the whole hair follicle. For underarms, I recommend hot wax rather than wax that you use strips with. It's more difficult to use but works well on coarse, deeply rooted hairs. Or visit a salon. Keep in mind that waxing can be very painful and irritating at first, but as you do it more, it gets less painful and your skin begins to respond better to it. If waxing just isn't for you, you can try a cream that dissolves hair below the surface, but beware since they tend to be irritating and underarms are sensitive. You can also try a better razor or a different shaving cream. Otherwise, jus don't worry about it. No one will be focusing too much on your armpits! You probably notice the spots more than anyone else ever will.

What Guys Said 1

• It could be black heads too. Make sure you properly clean the area before and after, a blackhead is like a pimple except the dirt clogs the pore.

What Girls Said 11

• Stop shaving, which causes ingrown hair and consequential blackheads and staff infections. Go get professional waxing. Really.

• I wish so hard that you were here and I could have you convince my wife on what you said.

• Just go to a professional medical website, or to a specific dermatologist's webpage. They'll all say the same thing...

• Its hair that is ready to grow in.

Hair has several growth cycles, which means when you shave, the other hairs are on a different growth cycle and are ready to grow out.

Your best bet is to wax.

• Shaving only cuts off the part of the hair that extends past the skin's surface, so regardless of the hair's growth cycle part of the hair follicle will be left below the skin.

• It maybe growing back to replace the one you just cut or oneyou cut a while ago. It's why you almost always have SOME stubble a day after shaving.

• I think that is because the skin in that area is thin and so you can see the roots of the hair. I get this too, usually the longer I wait in between shaving the less noticeable it is, also try getting a closer shave by turning on the cold water so the hairs stick up and use a sharp/new razor

• Thats because when you shave, the razor cuts the hair on top of the skin, it doesn't take out the hair from the follicle. You would have to wax, tweeze, thread or laser off the hair

• give it a rest and leave it alone til they go away, then try a nicer razor.

• You could wax them? It's painful as hell though. Lasts longer, however.

• try using sprays instead of underarm & try to wax your underarms instead of shaving

:))

• INgrown hairs or tiny hairs that have been shaved down but are still there. exfoliate to help get rid of it

• you're not getting a close enough shave. is your razor sharp enough?

• Ingrown hairs. Wax or use an epilator. Heard that an epilator can be painful, but very effective. You should look it up.

• Oh God-damn epilators ! I gave one to my wife once and she freaked out after using it once. Just to get convinced, I tried it on myself and I never had the courage again to ask her to use it. Man, they hurt like torture.

• i have never had that problem.