Why do boys call me ugly and only adults and other girls say I'm pretty?

Only adults and other girls call me pretty and boys act like I'm some monster or something.

It seems like guys my age judge harder on looks more than anything.If I see a girl that is really not that bad looking and guys my age will talk about her like she is the ugliest thing in the world. It seems like adults and other girls see the beauty in them. It seems like teenage boys over-exaggerate a bit. Why is this? Can I get a guys opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because those guys are doucebags

• Yeah, I suppose so...

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe they think you pretty,but don't want you to get a ego so they call you ugly.Another reasons it's sort of a game they playing which means noting.

Do your best not to worry about it.

• perhaps its because you look little innocent and pretty for your age? and now most boys are attracted to these overdeveloped, tall awkward looking girls which all go through early puberty and look 26 when they are 12. Even worse you see all these high school softmore and junior girls throwing themselfs upon all these little 6th grade middle school boys.

• If a guy calls you ugly he's a complete a**hole, and I know for me anyways it takes a lot of guts to call a girl my age pretty in person, so maybe the guys are just scared. I don't really know, everyone has a pretty side to them though.

What Girls Said 2

• no idea but the same thing happens to me...it's only like my girl friends or my parents or my friends' parents or my teachers (in a non creepy way lol) that comment positively on my looks. like never guys my age. it makes me angry and super hard on myself.

• sometimes it is because they are attracted to you. sometimes it is also because they want to anoy you but guys usually don't mention that kind of stuff outloud, just ignore them and don't let it get to you.

• Guys at my school call girls ugly out loud, it's pretty common at my school .