Why DO girls like wearing thongs?

I personally find it sexier to wear girlie panties as well as more respectable. It just seems like slutty or something. Why make it so easy for just anybody to see your ass? Maybe it's just me. I have certain traits and qualities I use to separate the "bitches" from the "women." Do tell.

Well, I thank you all for your honesty, and I guess not all thong wearing girls are whores...what about not wearing panties at all, what does this say about a girl? Why would she feel the need to not wear any?!?!?
K, thanks again for your reasoning and opinions. Appreciate it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I completely agree with your perception of thongs. I have very few thongs that I meant to wear with leggings or tights. After all, I don't even wear those anymore. I prefer going sans panty than feeling uncomfortable when I'm wearing a thong. Plus, if your underwear feels uncomfortable, it's gonna show and people are gonna be able to tell! For those who say that nobody can see your thong, well I'd say that you pretty damn easily CAN. Because of their shape, thongs tend to ride up and show whenever you're bending. At the end of the day, this makes them even more visible than regular panties. Since I find thongs uncomfortable and slutty-looking at best, I stick to lacy briefs and bikinis. That's what I feel most comfortable in and that's what suits me best.

What Girls Said 17

• YOu're unnecessarily judgmental. You cannot tell a woman's "respectability" based on the underwear she wears. 90% of the time you have no idea anyway. If you could see a girl's thong how is she any sluttier than a girl who's panties you can see? They both have their underwear exposed, but that doesn't automatically mean they are a slut, they just had a wardrobe malfunction or look sloppy. Now if she's showing it deliberately because she thinks its sexy then yeah that's trashy, but how do you know? I've gone without wearing panties before and it meant nothing other than I was curious about not wearing any and felt like it. It's not like anyone but me knew

Thongs are not uncomfortable, they are comfortable, I don't want panty lines, and I like to wear sexy underwear under my clothes. You must have issues with sexuality if you think a woman who likes wearing sexy undergarments is slutty or a bitch. How dare an adult woman enjoy feeling sexy?!

• Not all of us like wearing them. I personally like wearing "girlie" panties as you referred to them. I hate having a string riding up my rear. Maybe some women think it is a way to "strutt their stuff". However, although I am not in a relationship right now, in the past I have always wanted to wear girlie panties because it left more to the imagination when we were intimate and was more comfortable.

• Certain clothing has a way of showing your panty line...and to avoid that I wear thongs.

Also, it's like not my thong is hanging out of my jeans. It's usually tucked inside and only the guy I am intimate with (which is my boyfriend.) knows what I am wearing. I don't think its slutty at all, it depends on how the girl is wearing her thong.

• i don't wear them,but I completely disagree with what you said.

-i dislike them cause they don't seem very hygienic to me,but there are benefits:no VPL,they make you feel sexier,and they don't sqeeze your butt in half like tighty whities.

-how do they make it easy for people to see your ass? you don't walk around in a thong,the only time someone would see them would be during sexy time,and well I don't think anyone cares if the other person can see their ass during that.

• what the hell dude some people just prefer different styles of underwear! Some girls don't wear them to look slutty or let their ass be seen by the whole world but some might find them to be more comfortable than regular underwear or like the fact that people can't see the panty lines.

• I don't wear thongs. They aren't so comfortable and also they are disgustingly germy; you increase your chances of a yeast infection wearing them. I personally love a pair of lacy cheekies. Some women don't like the look or feel panties have.

• Only my boyfriend sees my ass when I wear a thong. I don't show my thong off to the world lol! Just cause someone wears a thong doesn't make them slutty :)

• No visible panty lines

• i don't like panty lines visible when I wear jeans, so thongs solve that problem. lol

• 1. I personally find them way more comfortable than other kind of panties.

2. There are no visible panty lines under your clothes.

3. I feel sexy in them.

• I like you! : )

• I wear thongs because I hate underwear lines. If you don't know what that is, well it's the creases that normal underwear have. Just google underwear lines or see: 1.bp.blogspot.com/_sEUmKjSOUPY/TSTGahWasoI/AAAAAAAAAA4/1KiT1LO2Gsg/s1600/panty-line2-495x450.jpg

I hate underwear lines when I wear yoga pants or something tight where you can see them clearly. From the picture, you can see that it's not very attractive. Well that's me...

• to hide panty lines

• Well, thongs are supposed to be worn so you can't see panty lines on tight fitting skirts and pants.

Some ladies like to wear thongs because they make them feel confident and sexy. Some ladies just want to turn a guy on my showing off their butt. As for you, you seem like a respectful guy, and honestly, I agree that "girlie panties" are nicer and more respectable.

Some women want attention, but others wear them for panty lines, as I said before.

• I wouldn't call a woman a slut. I don't like to wear thongs all day because they aren't comfortable to me. If I want to feel a little sexy, I may put them on to get a confidence boast. I prefer panties and get the panties that don't leave lines when I am wearing pencil skirts or slim dresses.

• Marry me?

• Haha, this made my day so far.

• K, gonna have to become non anon and you're gonna have to message me and then marry me

• K, I'll place an update un anonymous.

• Thongs aren't slutty, that's just stupid. It's only "slutty" if you leave them hanging out so everybody can see them.

Thongs look smoother under clothing. Is it really so ladylike to have panty lines across your ass? Don't think so.

What Guys Said 9

• A few years ago, a lady sat in front of me in church with her husband and kids and SHE was wearing a thong. WTF?!?

• I agree dude. I honestly just see it as something slutty for some reason. Like most girls said I'm sure they don't do it for that reason but I can't help but to think that.

• Outside of the "look" of thongs, I heard that girls wear them for comfort.

Don't be so judgmental on these girls, Mr. Anonym. Can't they were comfortable underwear and be sexy at the same time? :-X

• I don't mind panty lines, but along with my lack of appreciation for anal, I see these big girls bend over and I cannot only see the top of the thong, but the vertical piece where it starts down her crack...and it makes my stomach turn...maybe boy shorts...or something? ewwwwwwww ):

• Well, of course it makes your stomach turn if you're gay. Just try to focus on other guys.

• HEY EVERYONE! MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THIS OUT! link

• I heard it was comfortable.

• Women don't dress for men, they dress for either other women...or themselves. The world doesn't revolve around us and they don't sit around thinking, "oh, anonymous question asker thinks girls who wear thongs are sluts". No, they think about what they like and what they feel like wearing that day. Jesus!

• yay! someone gets it lol

• Why do women give a sh*t what other women wear? I don't give a Flying F*** whether you like my shirt & jeans.

• Women pride themselves on how they dress. But not because of men..it's about who looks better to other women.

stronger guy=alpha male

better dressed woman=alpha female

• You segregate bitches from women by whether or not they wear thongs? *shakes head* o_O?

• HAha, no no. Thongs just seem like one of the traits of a "bitch."

• Easy access. DUH!

• BECAUSE IT IS UNCOMFORTABLE ! ! ! ! !

• HAhaha. No, it's just weird when I find a woman with traits you find on a bitch. Bitches are for f***in, women for loving and lovemaking and should have respect, and be respected.

• Wearing sexier panties doesn't make you any less respectable, nor does it make a woman a bitch, silly.

• Question remains whether it is sexier or not...I say it is not...