What is too young for a girl to wear knee high or over the knee boots?

Do you think teenage girls under 18 shouldn't wear them yet?

And please people (especially guys), no comments like "only sluts wear those boots". Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Below the knee is a standard height for a woman's dress boot. They are not 'slutty'. You might wear them with jeans or whatever, but I also see women wearing them with skirts as office wear.

Over the knee is a little different. It was in fashion decades ago, I know its made a come back in recent years, but it does have a 'slutty' vibe. Its not office wear, its always been more a 'club wear' look. Streetwalkers were known for wearing them, perhaps to protect their knees when kneeling in alleyways ...

At 17, I'd moved out, was in university, etc. I think 17 year olds can dress like sluts if they want to. And an over the knee boot over leggings or jeans isn't super slutty, but it IS a sexy look.

How old do you need to be to wear them? Old enough to understand its not just a fun fashion, that 'sexy' is not just another word for 'cute' and that grown men and guys your age look at them and imagine screwing you while wearing them. THAT is what sexy means. If you're comfortable with that, you're old enough to wear them, if that freaks you out, stick to the uggs or ballet flats or whatever other hideous thing your friends think is so 'cute'.

• Now that's an intelligent and useful answer for once!

What Guys Said 6

• 16 is barely okay, 17 is good

14-15 is not.

• Sounds reasonable.

• Just bear in mind what image those boots create.

• Well yes, I wondered what people think at what age it's OK for a girl to create that image.

• I think they look sexy.

• Most knee-high-boots look tacky. All out black leather is not something a young girl would be wearing although I have seen brown suede type that would look appropriate at almost any age.

• You're probably thinking spikey heeled knee high boots, because I can think of plenty of knee highs that look really classy. Even leather type can be classy so long as you don't get the fake pleather ones that are super shiny.

• No, I didn't mean those.

• If they are not provocative then why would anyone question if you wear them? link These looks nice in tan. They don't look hooker like.

• Those should never be worn.

• Booooh.

• haha Sorry. On the age thing though I don't see it really making a difference.

• Lol, OK thanks.

• If she can't drink, she shouldn't be wearing them (here, the drinking age is 21)

• So you seriously think at 18 she shouldn't be allowed yet to wear whatever she wants to wear? Isn't that a little too conservative?

• Yes, I respect your opinion, but can you pleeeaaase explain it to us? What in the world has drinking got to do with wearing boots? It's like saying "you shouldn't wear boots until you can do 100 situps"...what has the one thing got to do with the other? Please explain! I wanna understand how this could make any sense at all.

• Yeah dude, you don't make any sense.

• 18, just please never wear them with shorts. it looks so slutty.

• With shorts? Never seen that before. Only with tight pants or with skirts.

What Girls Said 7

• Knee high boots are no big deal. I wore those when I was like 12. Boots hardly make anyone a slut.

Over the knee- eh its pushing it. Id wait till like 18 and get a nice pair of suede ones.

• i don't think they're slutty shoes at all. I don't think there is an age limit

thigh high 5 inch heel boots? link OK those are too sexy for a girl under like 17, but even if a girl younger did wear it, its the rest of your outfit that determines how "sexy" it looks

but this is neutral and appropriate at any age link

• well I'm 17 and I have a pair of flat, black suede boots that have a top that you can fold over to be either just over the knee or just under the knee. I don't think its slutty at all so I think 16+ can wear them if they're flat. it all depends on what you wear it with and how you present yourself though.

• Depends on the boots. If they are not heeled, and just normal flat boots, any age can wear them. I remember that I used to wear flat boots that were knee high boots when I was like 5 years old. However, if they were heeled, it depends again. If it was a kitten heel, then like 13 years old, but if they were like 2-3 inches maybe 14-15 years old. And higher then 3 inches about 16 years old.

• I've seen little girls wear rain boots and knee high boots (no heels). I think they look fine. I don't think over the knee boots make a teen look "slutty." But I wouldn't want my hypothetical young daughter wearing over the knee boots because they don't make those types of boots for little girls and it wouldn't look right on her.

• I don't think it's about age, it's about how you dress them. Flat ones look great, and they are way more casual.

link

link

link

Leather heeled ones are generally more at risk of looking like "f*ck me boots". But I think suede/leather flat over the knee boots are awesome. I have a few pairs :) Love 'em.

• if they don't have heels-they're appropriate at any age,not that ones with heels are out of the question,it's just foorwear,you have a right to wear what you want-but when I say appropriate-i mean you won't get associated with hookers.