Are high heels at the movies slutty?

I am a model so I am used to wearing high heels. My boyfriend wants me to wear them to the movies but my brother says that it would look like I am a hooker. Opinions?

Thanks everybody, I was going to wear them with a skirt, a top and a leather jacket but after reading your advice I am going to wear jeans instead of the skirt.

Most Helpful Guy

• The heels are okay.

The short skirt is an invitation to be felt up.

At least, its how I'd read it if I was dating.

What Guys Said 3

• Not at all. Wearing heels to a movie is normal. If you feel comfortable wearing heels at the theater, then wear them.

• wear them if you want to

no one can call you a bad name without your approval

• Your best bet is to wear them with jeans. However, why does he have control over what you wear. Sounds like a douche to me

• I'm 16, he's 34 and I live in his house. He does seem controlling but I know he cares about me.

• We have been going out with a group of our friends for awhile and my mom would dropped me off and picked me up. This was the first time he was allowed to pick me up and bring me home. And it was just him and me without all of our friends.

• I still find it fishy

What Girls Said 9

• No, heels aren't slutty, at all.

If you wear them with practically nothing else on then yeah, a little over the top for the movies. But otherwise, heels are perfect for classying up an outfit.

• if you want to wear them-sure. but you're under 18,they would look a bit silly for a young girl just hanging out at the movies

• they wouldn't look slutty, you wouldn't be the first to wear heels to the movies, some people wear heels to school that's crazy. haha

but the fact you are under 18 may give the impression you are over dressed. but it shouldn't matter what other people think do what you would feel comfortable in.

it depends on the rest of the outfit aswell, like if you were wearing a short skirt it could come across as slutty so dress more casual.

• i rate high heel as beings classy not the hooker typer. Think to yourself what is a hooker my definition is a peron whom attract many and that is nothing wrong with that. Wear them only if you feel comfortable about it not because of how they feel and be proud

• Depends how you wear them. Thicker heels, or heels in more neutral colors will be less likely to look super dressy. Avoid certain textures and bold colors, and it can look really cute :) Make sure the rest of your outfit is casual though, otherwise you'll give off that "trying too hard" vibe.

But really, who cares. If you wanna wear heels, wear 'em. Attire does not make a "slut" (I hate that word with a passion). Behaviour does.

• He didn't call me a slut, he was just warning me that I might give other people that impression. But the rest of my oufit was a short skirt, top and leather jacket. Maybe I should wear jeans instead of the skirt?

• Yup, definitely wear jeans. Or if you're wearing a skirt, maybe trade heels for wedges.

• I would trade my brother in for another pair of high heels :-))))). Who does he think he is. You just wear your heels, especially if it pleases your boyfriend.

• lol, I wish! I 'm 16, he's 34 and I live in his house so I have to live by his rules for a couple more years. BUT he does let me make up my own mind on these kind of things, AFTER he tells me his opinion. by the way, he is still geting used to the boyfriend part of it too.

• So here is my tip: buy yourself a pair of heels as well as 'brother friendly' shoes. Where the 'brother friendly' ones when you leave the house, and change into the heels around the corner. Be sure you reverse the process when you go home again and pray like mad that none of your brother's friends see you in the meantime and reports on you.

Good luck...

• No. High heels are not slutty. At all.

• wow ok

• No. You won't look like a hooker. But keep it classy..don't wear a skirt up to your ass with it, or your boobs hanging out.

• aww, maybe it was the short skirt with the high heels?

• Yeah for the movies that looks like you're trying too hard, but for other places it would be fine.