Bras visible through sheer tops / underwear as outerwear?

Superman was an early pioneer of the "underwear as outerwear" thing, and Madonna made it fashionable.

Is showing off a pretty bra through a sheer top, or a deliberate glimpse of what you've got on underneath peeking out from your camisole a good thing?

Wearing a drapy dress worn over a bra where the bra is almost completely, deliberately shown?

How about showing off the dainty straps on your exposed shoulders?

link

link

link

Is this a look you like? Is this a clubwear thing or is it mainstream fashion? Would your mother approve? What are the style 'rules'?

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, not classy at all.

Leave some to the imagination will ya?

Not everyone wants to see your dainties.

At my university I encounter this fashion a lot, it just leaves me ogling.

I mean I understand if they wear that a club and they want a booty call or to be "admired" or drooled over by creeps, but in broad daylight? At a university?

I wonder what their mothers or fathers would think.

I prefer to extenuate my goodies in an classy way, they way I dress you can take me to meet your mother any day of the week.

What Girls Said 17

• If you want to attract attention to yourself It works. If you are picky about the kind of attention you attaract, then no.

• I sometimes wear this lace white tank top, which is completely see through, with a simple white sport bra type thing. Then I just wear shorts, and a brown suede fringe purse. Then cool sunglasses and red lipstick. I think it's a really bold look, and I wear it to things like Music Festivals and concerts, and fairs.

• I think those are kind of extremes but you can see not so sheer shirts that you can see the bra and you could wear a black top in a slighty sheer black top or you could use a leopard bra if you are up for that since it is too show...you can make it sexy and not slut...

So the rule is be subtle and as long as you don't look like a hooker it's fashion...

link

link

link

• I personally wouldn't wear it because of the unwanted attention, it's the easiest way of getting male attention there is no challenge in that.

• strapless bras are a bitch. sometimes the straps just have to be there

• I don't think very highly of it. In fact, it looks really bad in my opinion.

• I don't wear it, but I'm not a fashionista, really. I don't really notice it what people wear anyway, so I have no opinion on the matter.

• Who gives a sh*t about exposed shoulders? And yes I wear sheer tops sometimes

• i don't think it looks good at all either the 'worst' I would do is wearing a black tank top with thin straps and a black bra under the straps show but I don't think its that big of a deal since they are the same color...idk just me

• It looks trashy to me. Even when a celebrity does it.often times celebrities an get off with different styles because they're celebrities. But not this time. But this is just my opionion.

• i would wear the second one.

• Well, it's actually trashy, reminiscent of the bordello style of dress purposely worn by hookers hanging out of their whore houses to attract clientele.

You see the same thing today -- black bras under white shirts, neon bras under translucent blouses, etc. No thanks to hypocrites like Madonna, who clearly stressed the fashion for a related sensationalist purpose. I refer to her as a hypocrite because she puts so many limits on her own child while corrupting generations of fans in the process with her outlandish fashion faux passes. Kate (in your link) and several other young women have blindly followed her fashion statement, dragging it into the mainstream pop fashion, but it does not actually make the look any more acceptable (or rather, less slutty).

Bras are not actually meant to be visible to the public. A strapless should be available to camisole-wearing girls. If you're going to expose your shoulders, at least be classy about it and do it without the trampy clutter of the bra strap!

In some instances, where white shirts in the rain are concerned, for example, you might see a very visible bra, which can't be helped and better as hell look good, lol. The same goes for "peek-a-boo" shirts and the visible edge of lace, for instance. It's a more discreet and tantalizing way of dressing. No need to put all the fine china out on the store front display, you know? If you do, then there's no reason to go into the store.

Be attractive and sexy, but respect yourself in the process and don't dress like a slut.

• I think the first and second link are fine, but the last link, not so much. It is a common trend for women to wear a sheer top over a bra and a lot of girls wear links 1 and 2 to the clubs. But the third link is kind of a weird fashion statement. Only the brave and bold can pull it off.

• I think it works for flat chested girls because their breasts don't bounce when they walk. I myself am a DD. I could wear a t shirt and my breast would still pop out. Even when I wear a sweat shirt . Answer mine? link

• i would wear the second one, but not the first or third

• I have worn a see through tank top and my bra was showing along with my belly button. At first I thought it wasn't that see through but walking around it was pretty see through and guys were nicer to me than usual... I don't like to wear it though and usually end up feeling uncomfortable and cover up with a sweater

• I think it's trashy.

What Guys Said 5

• 5 star question for setting up the fashion discussion by taking it back to Superman.

Nothing to add beyond that.

• I agree with the Superman part. If you have super powers it's probably the thing to do. Mere mortals won't challenge you. But for the rest of us, it's not meant to be seen. Especially referring to those who can't keep their pants from falling down. You know the ones I mean.

\

• I saw a girl like the first link on the train the other day, but this was just during the day. I just thought slut.

• I notice this is mainstream fashion trend...i personally think its pretty slutty. Next thing you know, we will see women walking in lingerie...i mean I don't mind at all I like it, but then don't complain of men degrading them.

• Women's fashion today demands more and more of the flesh to be exposed and yeah I agree with you it makes us unrespectable.

• looks like a new form of prostitution