My boyfriend rated me an 8.5/10, is this normal?

Are boyfriends supposed to see the girl they love as a dime? I know it is subjective but I want to know if most guys see their girlfriends as a 10 despite looks..just because she is HIS? You know what I'm saying?

Actually, at first he said I was a dime, but I think it was to shut me up, then I said I could not be any more than a seven, and that's when he gave me 8.5

ok I KNOW it's just looks, and that's not all that matters but I am a little saddened to be only an 8.5 in my bf's eyes, that's all.

Oh wow, most of the girls answering are really bitchy
Had no idea I would be attacked so hard for asking a question. I usually don't remain Anon but I'm damn glad I did this time.

Honestly, though, I was just wondering if this is just my boyfriend being himself or if this is common among other guys. That's all I was asking.

I used to love this website, now I pretty much just fear being called stupid and bitchy.

I was asking a goddamn question, you really don't need to attack me for it.

I respect the opinions of everyone as long as they are voicing it without insulting me. Who said I needed my ego stroked?

Most Helpful Guy

• Trust me, 99.9% of the people on this earth are not 10's. We all have flaws. Deal with it. Your boyfriend is with you; if he could do better, wouldn't he try? Generally, people end up with a person who is about the same in looks or rating. He's an 8.5 +/- 1.

What Guys Said 7

• Perfectly normal. If men were trying to be objective they would rate their girlfriends like this. Number really does not matter though. After some time especially after proposal that you might be 8 or 5 but he is not going to change you for nothing in the world! And he couldn't explain why. And it certainly wouldn't be just beauty. Or do you want man love you just for beauty? Or some stupid number?

• I don't think you should have asked him that question in the first place. If he is still with then, then he's probably more than alright with your looks and your other pros and cons.

You made the second mistake by saying that you couldn't be more than a 7, as you were basically calling him a liar. He then said 8.5, as 8.5 is just between 10 and 7.

He's making a compromise. And it sounds like he finds the whole "rating" thing stupid.

• Don't dwell on it. I'm not attractive, and I don't expect my future girlfriend(s) to think I'm a 10. I mean I think I'm around 5-6ish? maybe. lol

• No bro, no homo but you gotta stop saying things like that. You are a 10 and you know it...!

• you can't all be 10's :D he's just honest and as you said it's only looks , do you think your boyfriend is perfect ? there must be some things you wanted to change physically no? so in that way he can't be a 10 either

but you don't need to be a 10 for him , he likes you just the way you are

but THE RATING SYSTEM IS STUPID ;D (although it can give you some information , but it's not supposed to be used between gf's and bf's lol )

• Why would you ask your boyfriend to rate you? He finds you attractive, if he didn't he wouldn't be with you.

• lol its simply math (10+7)/2=8.5

your boyfriend just didn't want to argue with you :)

and trust me 8.5 is a very high rating. No one ever gets a 10, a few rare species get a 9, some 8 and majority get 6-7

• LOL you asked him to rate you, so he said you are a ten... Then you low ball him on and refuse the compliment so he compromises and meets you half way and now you are complaining. What a joke. Now you are complaining on the internet about something you messed up and trying to pass it off the blame on your boyfriend... Miserable.

• Could care less if you say they're nice, most of them were the exact opposite in their comments. Not all of them, as I said before, but most.

• Well, you don't want to listen to advice, you don't seem to care for other peoples feelings or for their opinions so run along... If you want someone to massage your ego you will not find it with me. =)

What Girls Said 7

• when you ask questions like that your never gonna like the answers you get. he said you were a 10 but then you basically called him a liar. so he calls you a 8.5 and your still not happy lol just let it go

• lol... you told him you couldn't be more than a 7...

you dug that ditch, my friend. :p

• I know I dug that ditch.

• @update: I think you got backlash because guys always accuse us of playing games/setting up traps, and we do our best to convince them otherwise, but then your question is just another piece of evidence showing that some of us still do play games like that. regardless, we're just faceless people you'll never meet. don't stress out over our opinions.

• He should have said a 10 to be diplomatic, but he was being honest and you may have been annoying him too.

• @update: I was just being honest. Sorry if I was being bitchy. It wasn't my intention.

• Yours was OK actually. The one above you is the worst.

• Okay, I'm just not interested in gaining more enemies, so I apologized.

• Wouldn't you rather a realistic rating than one said simply to appease you? Or it the problem that he realistically sees you as an 8.5? Idk. Anyone, avoid asking questions you don't want an honest answer to. He finds you insanely attractive, so don't fuss over a 1.5 difference. Rather silly, dear.

Oh, and if he's telling you things to shut you up - I think you should reevaluate your behavior .

• @update: people aren't going to sugarcoat things. I actually do understand where you're coming from. You want him to see you as "perfect" type of thing, and he doesn't. You just have to remember that he probably loves and accepts those flaws too, and he was being honest -and that he still thinks you're killer attractive.

• I found out that my boyfriend rated me a 9 and my friend a 10 which makes me feel kinda shit but tbh it's not all that important and we've just gotta get over it. Xx

• What a d-bag. That whole rating bs is so lame. You shouldn't rate your girlfriend and a guy should think of his girlfriend as the best... Him doin that turned you into a object and made you feel not special or one of a kind.

• YOU ASKED FOR A RATING. ugh I hate people who ask and can't take an honest answer.

• who said I couldn't take an honest answer?

• I want to know if it was my boyfriend being himself or if it was common among men...

• you're playing games