What does my ex making no eye contact mean?

So we go to the same college and agreed to be on good terms even though she dumped me for an immature reason before even asking me about it. So I was pretty sore at her for doing that. Went no contact for a week, she gets a new Boyfriend and says she knows he will be able to commit to her because he just got out of a 2 year relationship. She says she didn't think I would commit because I wasn't calling her all of the time, even though she never even called me once. Anyways so even after she is immature about the whole thing, I care a lot about her, so I decide to be on good terms. Went on break a week later for a month. Had no contact at all the whole break. I come back and see her o the first day of classes. Me and a mutual friend of ours walk up to her and begin to talk, she doesn't look at me once and only talks to him even when I try to get involved in the convo. I see her again after that from a distance, we make slight eye contact and she looks away and waves. I see her again after that with a couple of friends and she attempts to avoid eye contact but since she had to directly talk to me for something she looked in my eyes then would look away and be all weird about it. Then we met ran into each other one time while both of us were alone. She tried to avoid eye contact then too the same way. Then today me and another mutual friend sat with her in the cafe and she made quite a bit of eye contact but then after a few minutes she noticed and tried to keep looking away. And then she pulled out a magazine to try and not have to look up. I want to e friends with her still because I understand why she dumped me and can admit defeat, but she is being awkward. I also saw something that I saw in her eyes when we first started showing interest in each other. When she broke up with me I did not see it, so I don't know what to think about the eye contact thing. Any girls know what this is about? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot :).

Most Helpful Girl

• She still really cares about you... and for most girls if we look at you... you will see the pain and the care and the love in our eyes and we don't and can't let you see that... it is admitting to ourselves and to you that we were wrong and that we are sorry... and also look at an ex that you really truly loved and cared for hurts like hell, because after you break up it is like its off limits and something you can't touch... she still loves you and still cares about you... and she is afraid you will see that if she looks at you... its easier to pretend it doesn't exist if we don't look. The reason she probably hasn't told you not to talk to her anymore is because she really loves it when you do. That officially is the only time you are in her life anymore ya know what I mean... and she can't bear to let you go for good.

• Did I get best answer because that's what you wanted to hear? lol

• Well then he should have bought her a slap in the face of reality in the real world and some maturity... : ) kidding...... time will only tell honey..... ride it out see what happens.

• Thank you for all of your input. :)