Girls shouldn't wear jeans. It makes them look manly. Where have all the real women gone (1940s/50s/60s)?

I wish I was born in the 40s/50s/60s. Where have all the real women gone? They become manlier each year. They focus on their career instead of behaving like a real woman (care for the kids, cook and do the housework). They even wear jeans. It's so unattractive and manly.

Real women (40s): link

link

(50s): link

(60s): link

Manly women (2012):

link

link

link

It makes me want to puke/makes me depressed. Females, why do you do this? :( :( :(

If a woman has the option of staying home to raise her kids but chooses to have a career instead, then yes she's a bad mother. Prove me wrong if you can. Right, you can't.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry you don't appreciated Evolution or Progression. Deal with it.Accept change.What is life without "change"?Stop projecting your anger concerning women,towards something as trivial as jeans.No offense,but it sounds completely ludicrous.I think you are upset about something else entirely and you might try and get to the bottom of it.

Secondly,there are always questions on here about women being career driven and more capable than 60/70 years ago.Women are more aggressive,independent,intelligent,educated etc,and some how that's viewed negatively. But if you get a woman who doesn't want to work because she thinks the MAN should be the

breadwinner,and exists without real ambition or goals beyond being your wife/girlfriend,and asked for money all the time (because she isn't making any of her own),suddenly she is labeled as a gold digger.Please...come off it.

Your views are medieval at best.There is one thing you fail to realize.Women by nature are multitaskers...women do it everyday.We are someones wife/girlfriend,mother and nurturers.We're employed (and some might even make more

than you do),with ambition and charisma.Oppression sucks...do you see how much one can do by not allowing themselves to be oppressed?One can fulfill things others have never dreamed of! And...it just so happens...we also wear...JEANS.

:)

What Girls Said 20

• I'm sorry- did you just emerge from a bunker somewhere? Did you miss the whole sexual revolution and the evolution of women's rights? If so, I can reccomend extensive literature documenting the changes in the last 60 odd years.

Why don't women still dress the way they do back in the 40's and 50's? Simply put, because we don't want to and we're no longer forced to by law or pressured by social convention. Like when my mom first started school girls could NOT wear pants to school even though women started wearing pants long before the 40's to do many things (being a country girl, I know my grandmother and great grandmother wore jeans when working in the barn- skirts just aren't practical for that kind of thing). Girls were sent home if they wore pants up until my mom was like 11 or 12. And many work places were the same- women, if they worked, had to wear dresses. Did you know when Pan Am first started, the stewardesses had a uniform down to their underwear? Why didn't society want us to wear pants? I honestly don't know but I'm sure glad I get to make my own fashion choices now. Thanks suffragettes!

Sure, I own skirts and dresses and I can look pretty darn cute in them, but I also look good in jeans and a t-shirt. Neither out fit makes or breaks me as a woman. Some women are more into dresses and skirts than others- just depends on their style and preference. Guess you'll have to find one who loves dresses and is more conventional in her aspirations than some of the career women out there like me.

• career women betray nature/betray their own children. they act and behave in a manly way. men are supposed to be the breadwinners whereas women are supposed to care for the kids. men = hunters. women = 24/7 loving mothers. career women = opposite of a 24/7 loving mother/opposite of a real woman. real women (housewives) date real men (powerful and intelligent men who earn a sh*t load of money --> the woman doesn't need to work/does what a mother should do/kids need their loving mothers).

• It's PARENT'S job to look after children, not just a mother's. Not sure how career women betray their kids just by having a career. Who said career comes first? For me, family and friends always come first but it doesn't mean I can't balance friends, family, work, and school because I have and I do. But I can see there's no reasoning with you, so I give up, continue to hold your out-dated beliefs and good luck finding a woman who's willing to fit into them.

• OK OP,I resent that remark re working mothers. I work because I HAVE to. My kids have what they need and they know I love them. They also understand why I work. They also think it's great since I USED to be a stay-at-home-Mom. So take THAT!

And As my late Father would say,you have a lot to learn.

• As long as I have a Vagina from birth, I am a real women...and curve hugging outfits will not define me.

• ^^ Best answer right there.

• He's a sexist,homophobic,who has Mommy problems. :D

• RifRafREX is trying to be funny. ignore her.

• To me, a real woman is someone who has a vagina - what they wear on the outside does not define who their sexual gender.

As to why females wear jeans, it's because we want to or because it's more convenient in that situation. I live in a country where it regularly turns -30 or even -40 degrees in the winter. Do you expect me to run around in a skirt with just a pair of stockings on to keep my legs warm?

Plus, even though YOU might find jeans and career women unattractive, that doesn't mean your opinion is right or shared by everyone else. I know plenty of men who like the way jeans emphasize and reveal the curve of a woman's butt and legs and who admire the confidence, assertiveness and abilities of a woman who goes after what she wants in her life, whether that means her career, family or anything else.

• to me, a real man is someone who has a penis. he wears pink panties/wears makeup... of course he's a real man.

a woman who has a vagina is a woman, but that doesn't mean she's a REAL woman. it's not that difficult to understand.

men who date "career women" tend to be submissive sissy boys. real men earn enough money (so that the woman doesn't need to work).

• That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I am also entitled to my own opinion and my opinion is that real men are those who are confident enough to let their woman do what they want.

• Your idea of real women were women who were forced to dress a certain way. Ergo, promoting a patriarchial society.

• you try freakin waking up in the morning and puttin on a dress...and if women did wear dresses that would equal horny teen guys and then what comes after that sex and after tht possibly children...and I cnt freakin deal with dresses I'm sry I was born and raised where women wear jeans and its not the frakin 40's anymore >:( sincerly, pissedoffwomanwholikeswearingjeans

• For me, pants are so much more comfortable than skirts and dresses. And the high-school I go to requires me to move around a lot, and I can't do that with a possibility of flashing someone.

• women have progressed so much! pants are a great thing, and I love pants. Women don't have time to sit around the house anymore and make themselves look pretty all day.

• maybe they should date real men who earn enough money (so that women don't have to work).

• Well, as a woman, I can say I enjoy furthering my education and working. It's important for a woman to become self-sufficient.

• Why can't I wear pants? I work as a ranch hand,how do you expect me to do my job in a freaking dress?

So,you like girl's who wear dresses,then date one that wears a dress. Leave the pants wearing chicks out of it. That's what you like,I don't have to wear a dress because you want to puke,just don't look then.

• it is impossible to ignore manly girls. I am not blind.

• btw, your chainsaw girl wears a skirt. she realizes women who wear jeans look manly.

• lol that's your only come back? You didn't even answer my question. Why does it matter to you? When the simple answer is that you are not attracted to women who wear pants so you can choose not to deal with it,instead of whining.

• i lvoe my jeans.. I feel sexy, pretty, and confident in them.. they're not as fancy as a dress or skirt and I don't wana dress up for no reason.. that's why it's dressing up.

• she's not gonna be a bad mother if she chooses a career.. it all depends on the career choice and how much time she spends doing it! I know tons of mom's that work and are fantastic mom's with great kids. u're being very close minded about how women can balance our lives.

• you'll be ok

• Umm...it's called keeping up with the times. We haven't gotten more manly, we've gotten more stylish. Being a woman isn't about the type of clothes you wear, it's about having the appearence and properties of a woman.

• @update- it depends on how much time she spends working, duh. If she was going to be at a work-boarding school that would be different. oh, and rachel05 proved you wrong. oops :)

• tonymetal?!?! :D :D :D

• yeah that's right wearing jeans that show off our butt and hips is so manly...

• Ooh,this should be fun.

*pops popcorn*

• you've got some serious issues dude ...

• Someone's a little sexist.

• let's pretend guys become more feminine each year. they wear makeup/pink skirts/pink panties. they paint their fingernails. they watch romantic movies. they cry all the time. they expect their girlfriend to protect them. they prefer to be "househusbands" and let women do all the work... they turn into complete sissies. would you be OK with it? women are allowed to criticize feminized men. men are not allowed to criticize manly women (otherwise women will call them sexist). pretty funny.

• Then why not just find a women who wears jeans and be happy with her?

• Did you just say "you're intellectually inferior"? Are you KIDDING me right now? There are men EVERYWHERE nowadays wearing skirts and dresses, why don't you just date them? Of all the stupid things to say, really? I sure as heck hope you don't think women are intellectually inferior to men... Do you want to unleash a beast?

• What's with all the sexist questions lately?

• When perverts can take pictures of what's under my skirt, I started wearing pants.

It's hard to look mannish when your hips are big and is your ass.

• Shorts are made out of jeans...guys dress different too its not like they wear suits anymore

• The clothes did nothing, you can clearly still tell what gender they are... so... what's the issue? There are women who have careers and still take care of their children. It's called modernization. Prices are sky rocketing, it's best that both parties are working anyway. I'm sure you can find an amazing house wife who will love vintage clothing (dita von teese). Hopefully you will be able to afford it.

• i bet you you OK with men who wear makeup/paint their fingernails/wear pink skirts. you can clearly still tell what gender they are... so what's the issue?

real women date real men. real men earn a sh*t load of money (so that the woman doesn't have to work).

• i bet you ARE* OK with...

• link

link

And seal wears brown nail polish.

Times have changed. Not every guy can make a sh** load of money.

Pants are unisex. They have been altered to embrace and feminize the female body.

link

What Guys Said 8

• link - a very young grace slick, who, if you look closely, has jeans on her hips. Mid 60s.

link - Girl in the middle. 50s nostalgia. Trousers

link - picture from the 1940s.

[Snicker]

• "It makes me want to puke/makes me depressed. Females, why do you do this? :( :( :("

To piss you off, most likely :)

• I don't know if you are just trying to get a rise out of everyone, you're insane or if you high or something, because jeans absolutely do not women look manly and you really ought to change your close minded views before some random woman in your life makes you regret sayings like that. I understand you have the right to your own perspectives, but you are an embarrassment to modern men.

• why the hell does it matter? my girlfriend wears pants, and I'm pretty goddamn sure it doesn't make me love her any less, nor does it make her any less beautiful. and also lets keep the sexism in church, huh? I'm tired of seeing the "women belong in the kitchen, or at home not working" sh*t everywhere. women can do everything just like, if not BETTER than men. so get the f*** over yourself.

• Now here's a real man talking. Thank you!

• lol at the fact your girlfriend wears the pants. she turned you into her sissy. what a shame.

• sorry I have a "dont feed the trolls" policy.

• My friend you don't know how right you are. Which is of course, not at all.

• i think the first 2 links under your "manly women 2012" are dressed fine. the last one though..yikes.

• To be perfectly honest, I could care less if my girl best friend wears pants, a skirt or a dress. She is very pretty on the outside no matter what she wears, I think, but it's her inside that matters to me. Her personality, who she really is, not her outside physical appearance.

• BRING THE BUSH BACK!