Do guys dislike blonde hair these days?

I'm a natural brunette but I have warm-toned paler skin so I can go any color from dark blonde to medium brown (dark brown and black are too harsh on me, which is strange seeing as that's my natural color, but whatever).

Anyway my hair is like a dark blonde right now, and I feel like some people like it and other people hate it. Even the waiter at the place I usually go to lunch told me it looked better when it was brown. But I feel like with brown hair, it was kinda ho-hum, not standing out. I mean I wouldn't do the whole barbie-blonde bleach thing because that's boring, but I think strawberry blonde stands out, in sort of a California-girl way. Or is blonde just OUT? What's sexier? Every time I ask my boyfriend what to do with my hair he says "whatever you want"

• Blonde hair is sexier
  • Brown/black hair is sexier
  • Red hair is sexier
  • There is no preference AT ALL (not even a little)
I should point out other things about me: I'm super skinny, big boobs, brown eyes, and pretty (from what I hear)...but I don't have a "bimbo" look, I've been told I look intelligent...?

Most Helpful Guy

• Through my extensive scholarly research of hot women I have come to a very definite, scientific, conclusion of hair types for you. This of course has nothing to do with the actual quality of the human being, which is far more important as I'm sure you recognize. This observation is merely objective.

I have noticed that female hottness, or sexiness, in regards to hair color, can be quantified and qualified.

#1. The largest majority of attractive females are blond. This could be the reason for the stereotype that blonds get for being the "preferred" hot girl. Generally speaking of course.

#2. The quantity of attractive brunettes are less, however the quality of there hottness, in general, seems to be of greater caliber; possibly due to their higher scarcity.

#3. Even more rare than this is the attractive red head. We almost never see red heads that are attractive. When we do, however, they are most certainly reserved as having the highest quality of hottness. This based off the same economic theory of scarcity. "The rarer the bird, the finer the prize"

Blondes get more attention for a verity of reasons. Maybe because they stand out more (light color), or maybe for the stereotype that they are more fun and outgoing. When we think about blondes we are almost conditioned to become more excited. I think that the attention blondes get stems from this expected hotness.

Skin tone I think can work the same way. The quantity of attractive tanned women is far higher than the quantity of attractive women with pale skin. However, being that most red heads have pale skin, I would argue that the quality is inverse to it's quantity; once again based on the theory of scarcity.

Does this make since?

What Guys Said 11

• I hate blonde hair. I just don't find it attractive on most girls. I mean it's not a turn off but I prefer red hair. I don't know why, I just do, I think it has something to do with it being so rare. But yeah in terms of attractiveness I'd say red hair is the most attractive for me, followed by black, brown, and then blonde is at the bottom.

• We seem quite apposite dude. But I believe that I'm way handsome than you alot. I love blonde the most, and followed by red, brown and black is at the bottom.

• If you're going to try and put me down or brag, can you at least do it with proper english? Your post is a bastardization of the english language.

• Lmfao @ tristan.

• Your not a blonde therefore your not part of that unique group you are dying your hair blonde which makes you part of a worldwide group of insecure posers not sexy. It says I will never be the busty blonde cheerleader or princess I think is in your dreams but I can do a weak imitation. With racism decreasing blondes have been knocked off their pedestal a bit. Lets face it brunettes are more than 90 percent of women and for a time it was said they are inferior to blondes. It was said that black men go crazy for them and must be hung from trees to stop them and that if you weren't a blonde you weren't nothing. A terrible thing. To say most of the women of the world weren't beautiful. So blondes are a bit off their pedestal but even in a more fair world their rareness still gives them an appeal. So blondes will always be attrative to some men. Imagine if 75 percent of guys preferred brunettes and 25 percent preferred blondes blondes are only like 3 percent so they still have an advantage. Mens dreams are not as stereotypical as there made out to be ok yeah they are cheesy plots and crazy sex but my point is that blondes are not always in them. As a matter of fact I think a lot of men don't have a preference. I think personality is most important but were talking looks hers so guys look at hair some like long short curly straight. They look at eyes different guys like different shapes and colors they look at smile or lack therof most guys like smiles hopefully and then they look at titties and booties duh right and some men like big small medium firm lean some men like girls with a little extra cushioning. But what color these things are? Its like asking what kinda car you want, a red one that persons obviously not that into cars. Be proud of who you are quit being a poser ur not part of the "uber race"

• I agree with whoknows87. There is nothing sexier than a brunette.

I always wondered why girls bleach their hair blond. I know that you explained your skin tone but still there are too many blonds.

Be happy with the great color hair that you have.

As far as your boyfriend goes, does he really have a preference? Does he really like blonds so he is being kind & saying do "whatever you want" so that it's your decision/mistake just to see what it looks like?

Go try on a wig & see what you really think.

• Well I think he prefers it on the light side because when my hair is too dark I look pale and he loves me with a tan

• Yeah he likes light brown...i think I might go a little darker

• Try that color You can always go a little lighter next time if that's what you want.

• there's nothing better than a sexy brunette. I don;t understand why a lot of girls want to be blonde...there's no reason to buy into a lame stereotype that blondes have more fun. lol

It's just not true. Most guys are turned off by the fake blonde hair shit.

Don't go blonde! That style was never in...

• What about naturally dirty blonde?

• What if your natrual hair colour is as light as a platnimun blonde...

• Then you're okay.....it's natural and that is def a plus no matter what hair color it is. as long as it's not bleached.....Most guys would like a girl with natural real features....than fake features.

• I say blonde looks better, but that's because the majority of the girls that I've liked throughout the years were blonde.

• Look at the guys section only btw. But really I like blonde hair. The majority of girls I've liked are blonde.

• It super hard to choose between a blonde, brunette and redhead

Blodes seem more fun and easy to get

Brunettes seem honest and good for long term relationship

Red heads are just hot!

• I'm a guy here, new to this site. I guess I have a rather unique opinion. I find blonde white women to be super exotic and beautiful. To me, a beautiful blonde woman is rare, exotic, unattainable. The lighter the blonde... so like platinum blonde I guess... the more angelic she looks. The reason I find blonde white women so exotic is probably because here in southern California I've grown up around mostly Mexican girls. And also the schools I went to the kids were mostly black and Hispanic. So I rarely ever saw blondes. Also I dated a beautiful Eastern European chick who was a natural dirty blonde and OMG was she beautiful. Her mom was just as hot/gorgeous/exotic as she was and had fake dyed white blonde hair but it was beautiful. Now usually, I do hate it when chicks that don't look good in platinum blonde hair bleach it like that. Unless she can pull it off. But a girl who can pull off that really light platinum blonde is just heavenly to me. I just find it so beautiful. And it's funny that I find blondes exotic bc I'm a white guy. But like I said its prob because I grew up and went to school with mostly black and Hispanic kids. Darker hair is the norm. Also blonde hair looks very feminine. Blondes look really beautiful with kinda darker eyebrows, and in the colors purple, green, and black. As well as red sometimes. Long blonde hair is the prettiest. Blonde hair that is bleached and fried really bad though... is really ugly. I only like healthy blonde hair. I do agree with some of the people here though that its kinda annoying and not attractive to see certain women who canNOT pull off light blonde hair try to do it. But yea, my second favorite hair color on women would be red, because it is rare also. And red hair can be really pretty too. Brown hair is just kinda boring, sorry. Plus blonde women also tend to be nicer than brown haired girls.

• I'll vote for save the brunettes. This whole hair bleaching thing is nuts. The sad part is the money spent doing this could be spent of food,clothes or the fun trip you want to go on. If a man can't like you with your natural hair color he might be a shallow pig

• ya for sure brown/black hair is hotter

• i love blonde hair on some girls it makes eyes stand out a lot on some girls but different girls tend to look better with certain shades of hair there are millions and millions of colors out there so just try them and see what looks best on you

hope I helped you

What Girls Said 4

• look, it all comes down to personal prefrence.

your going to find that some guys LOVE brown hair, and others.. dont.

its all about being yourself and not changing you to be acceptable to someone else..

if your happy with who you are, then you will attract guys who love you for you aswell.

: )

• Well I'm bi and I like a girl with either dark hair or blond, I've never really been a fan of read hair I don't know why.

• i think the redhead is in because of rarity. I'm talking natural redhead.

natural is in.

just be yourself.

• maybe you should just get different colored highlights my friend did that, she is a natural redhead with black, brown and blonde highlights.