Does my body look ugly or deformed (male, 22)?

This is what I look like (copy/paste link): s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg515/wab930/

I'd like to know how bad my body looks like in terms of (un)attractiveness, especially to females (obviously).

I would really appreciate it if you take a look at most of the photos to form an opinion. If you don't want to look at all of them, please take a look at the following ones at least:

i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg515/wab930/P1279238.jpg

i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg515/wab930/DSC02441.jpg

i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg515/wab930/DSC02439.jpg

i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg515/wab930/DSC02307.jpg

i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg515/wab930/DSC02328.jpg

The experience I've had so far is leading me to believe that my body is seen as ugly and it's driving me insane, but nobody ever tells me anything directly.

Problems: my posture is bad, my shoulders and collar bones uneven; my shoulder blades stick out - or at least feel to stick out - more than normal and asymmetrically (as can be seen in this photo: i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg515/wab930/DSC02152.jpg ). The worst of all, however, is my chest. I have a condition called pectus excavatum, which basically is a dent in the chest - my sternum is depressed, my ribs pushed outwards ( s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg515/wab930/?action=view¤t=DSC02465.jpg ). And while it's not as bad as some people have it and isn't causing me any other health problems, it's bad enough that it makes me feel extremely uncomfortable about my body. The dent itself isn't that bad - but my protruding ribs are. My ribs stick out way more than normal (see s1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg515/wab930/?action=view¤t=DSC02362.jpg ) and are also uneven: see how weird the right side of my chest is - ribs stick out too far in the front and are dented too far in on the side.

I work out, play many sports, am pretty toned, eat properly and am, overall, in a good condition. If it wasn't for my abnormal skeletal frame/sticking out ribs, I'd have a decent six pack. But because of these conditions, no matter how much work I put in, I fear I can never look normal and it's causing me social and psychological problems.

So what I'd like to hear from you is an HONEST opinion about how you *feel* about my body. How much does a chest/ribs like mine bother you in a man? Is it repulsive, an instant turn-off? Please, be honest, direct. The only way you can hurt me is by saying something you don't believe or feel. I need honest opinions so that I will know how far to go in trying to fix this.

Thanks

-update- Thank you all for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't have to "try to fix this".

This, as you say, is your body.

Had you not explained your condition regarding the sternum, I wouldn't have noticed anything. It's not repulsive, and not a turn-off either.

You seem to be nicely built, and your skin looks healthy. Why would you change anything ? You look perfectly fine to me :)

The only thing you could work on is your self esteem. You have to protect yourself from the point of view of others. Do not give others the right to criticize you and your body.

If you don't like your posture, you can try to change it. If others don't like it, they can get lost. Do something because you feel like doing it, not because others make you feel like you should do it.

Good luck, I hope you'll feel better soon :)

What Girls Said 7

• well I think you look perfectly fine and not deformed at all. however, if you would pull your shoulders back a bit more and straighten up a bit (if you can) then you would look more confident imo. if your muscles or anything else hinders you in doing this, then that's not a problem either. the important thing is to have confidence or even just predend like you do, that will make you look more attractive. hope I could help :)

• no you don't looked deformed! you look normal. get some confidence and cheer up. maybe you should walk around without your shirt on so girls can give you compliments and then you'll be happy with your body

• I don't see anything wrong at all.. You look healthy, fit, and damn nice packs.

• I don't see what you mean by abnormal you have a six pack that's good enough and your body looks great. I think its something that only you can notice and no girls would care about.

• Dude you are hot, stand up straight that's all I don't see anything abnormal about your body.

• You look fine! All the stuff you listed isn't noticeable at all.

• No! You don't look bad at all! It just looks like you have a lot of muscles, which girls find attractive! I looked at all the pictures, and didn't see a thing wrong with you! Hun, your perfect the way you are! Don't change a thing! (;

What Guys Said 4

• Although I wouldn't say you're ugly, I would say when I aspire to be built, I don't picture myself getting a body like yours. With that said, I'm not a girl and so I'm not sure how much you value my opinion but.. I think you're a bit disproportionate in your training is all. I think it'd be easily fixed. You have no traps. And currently, looking at you from the front your body it is a straight line when it should be wider at the chest and smaller at the waist--- building your lats will help fix that.

So get bigger traps and lats and I think it should make you closer to that proportionate look you want.

Also, your abs bulge out about as much as your chest.. It's called distended abs and it's very common in people who lift heavy while arching their back (powerlifters) on bench press or using a squat belt (push your abs out into the belt to get the most of your lifts). It's likely due to how you train or don't train. Doing some stomach vacuums should solve the problem.

You've done great work on your body, just add some shrugs, barbell rows and stomach vacuums for a month+ and I think you'll be a lot more satisfied with your overall body. <---do those things and I think you'll have an awesome body.

Distended Abs / Stomach Vacuums

link

• Can you please reup a pic?

• Required thinning your waist.

• The pics are missing, do you still have them?