I want to stop dressing like a frat boy and dress like a man

I dress like a frat-boy wanna be, with the Khaki shorts, mid-calf socks, t-shirt and a faux hawk. It's really...getting old and immature so recently I thought about dressing with more class instead of swag. Can you guys and girls give me some outfits that you think are good?

Example: Red plaid shirt over a black undershirt, straight cut jeans with a brown belt and some casual shoes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Like this?

link

link

link

link

link

Here are some assembled outfits:

If you're feeling bold ( link )

Casual ( link )

Casual and stylish ( link )

Trendy ( link )

More links:

link

If you need reference I say look at Asian men or European men, they really care about their appearance.

• he's trying to dress like a man, not a hipster

• I heard from yahoo its said that jack the ripper was actually a women

• Maybe Jack the ripper is my inner woman

What Girls Said 6

• You need the link , the pen in suit link with the link and the link

• lol this guy is under 18. I can just see him full deck out in a double breasted suit going to high school. Dress for the occasion. =P

• Haha, I know how to dress for the occasion but thanks for the input :D

• if I see a guy go to school dressed liked that, I would fall in love

• Nice leather jacket, few pairs of slacks in neturtal colors, button up shirts, polo shirts, pair of casual or dessy shoe. Look at j. Crew, Macy's, banana republic. Also maybe cut that faux hawk, and have a grown up tailored look.

• Oh yay! Faith in men restored. Personally, ge bigger things are: no stupid tshirts jut nice solid ones, shirts that have buttons and collars and fit properly that's the biggest part fitting properly, jeans that are not ripped or falling down or in any area too big or too tight. Don't wear stained or ripped things. Wear real shoes nor running shoes, basketball shoes, Velcro sandals, or clogs, real men shoes made of real leather or canvas sneakers. Get a good haircut and make sure your hair always looks clean. Smell good but without using cologne or body spray. Take care of your skin and nails. If you wear belts, leather belts. Sunglasses should look good on you and never be made of plastic. All suits should be properly tailore to fit you.

I'm not sure what your style is but if you're preppy try j crew or Abercrombie for casual looks and express men for more dressy occasions.

• Sunglasses should never be made of plastic? Some of the best sunglasses you can buy are made of plastic, mine are plastic and polarized.

• The outside part I mean like no shutter shades/general lmfao looking ones.

• ** the biggest things are, sorry auto correct

• Don't wear t-shirts..try a button up shirt like plaid or a dress shirt

• Wear jeans or cargo paants that aren't khaki

• Maybe don't wear khakis

What Guys Said 3

• I work in men's clothing and I would be very happy to help you. The plaid sportshirt and the undershirt with jeans are both great ideas. I've gotten most of my casual stuff from American Eagle, Eddie Bauer, and Men's Wearhouse. Jos. A. Bank has some good sportshirts, but they're pricey and pretty conservative style. The other places I mentioned will be a little more contemporary.

As for suits, if you're young and just starting out, I recommend Men's Wearhouse. They're stuff is cool and relatively affordable (lower-end suits are about 200, if I'm not mistaken). It's good to have at least a black and a navy suit in your wardrobe. Since we're getting into summer, you might also look into a tan or khaki colored suit.

• THIS

link

• that's as gdi as it gets...

do you live in the midwest or something?

and yes you're a wannabe. wtf is a faux hawk? have you heard of the frat shag?swag ? really?

fratty=classy