Do guys find girls with tattoos sexy or trashy?

I have 2 tattoos and my boyfriend has none. He hasn't said that he hates them , but gets mad when other people tell me they like them. I love my tattoos but do guys view girls differently if they have them?

Looks like I'm quote on quote TRASHY for having a tattoo. What I find funny is that no one has seen my tattoos or even know where they are. Tattoos are a freedom of expression. Guys have them no problem. Girls have them huge problem. Maybe its because a lot of girls who are trashy have tattoos not the other way around. Tramp stamps or pointless tattoos are what makes girls look bad but if you meet a girl and you have no clue she even has one than how can she be trashy.

Most Helpful Guy

• trashy

• what makes it trashy?

• well for one thing it just looks dirty. for another thing it shows clear lack of forethought in most cases. and finally I disagree with doing sh*t to your body that has no purpose other than looks. hair dye, piercings, all of it is retarded to me.

• I never said I like them on guys either. And I never said you were trashy for having one, only that they look trashy. Everything I said applies equally to guys. And no, it doesn't matter what they are.

What Guys Said 7

• Trashy all the way unless she's a gypsy or a pirate.

• UPdate: Speaking generally...obviously if you can't see the tattoo it's different.

• It depends on the girl, I once was close to a girl who was very artistic and very well mannered, she said she'd get a few tattoos in the future, I mean for someone like her, it'd be cool because I know how she is, but when I see them on random chicks on the street they look really trashy, just gives off a bad vibe

• Only if she's dark like this. link

• What is wrong with girls having tattoos with meaning ?

• I like tattoos, but only if she looks like sexy and mysterious. Other than that, I'm not a fan.

• @update - not really. Anyone with too many stupid tattoos looks trashy.

• I think they are capable of making a bad decision. >:)

• why is that ?

• I don't like tats. I love the artwork, I just don't like it on people... If that makes any sense... As far as the bad decision thing, I've known too many girls, that get little tattoos of this or that as part of their rebellious adventurous stage in life. Many of these girls have had questionable judgement on a lot of things, and were kind of emotional wrecks...

• idk about trashy but I don't fine them to be attractive in the least and would definitely prefer my woman to have none at all.

• Trashy and ugly

• Trashy. No offense, but those are the only two options and they certainly aren't sexy. Then again, without having the options given to me up front, I can't say that I wouldn't have gone with trashy anyway. Who can say?

• and what about them makes them trashy

• They're unattractive for one. Many of them are completely tacky. And when I think of a classy woman, I'm not thinking of some chick with tattoos on her.

• @update: As soon as I hear "tattoos are a freedom of expression," any interest that I've had instantly goes away.

And stop throwing that "if guys have them..." thing. I don't care if guys have them because I'm already not sexually attracted to them. I don't date guys.

Sorry if I am being too honest with you. ;)

What Girls Said 5

• Wow, many conservative opinions on this site. I'm surprised.

For the most part, most people you'll come in contact with don't love tattoos, but I think they're such a common thing that many people are neutral to them. My boyfriend dislikes tattoos in general but if other people have them he doesn't care and will even express interest in their back story. He said he'd hate them on me, but I know I'm going to get them anyway and have told him he needs to deal with that.

As for the people who do judge you by your tattoos and think you're trashy for having them, they're obviously not very open minded people and you're probably better off not knowing them anyway. I know that if I ever encountered someone who told me my tattoo was trashy I would about-face and hope to never come in contact with them again.

• This site probably isn't the best to ask questions about tattoos :P The guys tend to be rather conservative.

Honestly, most guys either won't care either way or will prefer that you didn't have them. I have a couple and my SO doesn't dislike them, but I think he'd be happy if they weren't there. That's fine with me, because whilst I respect his opinion and whatnot, I LOVE my tattoos and I will more than likely get more in the future.

For the most part, it depends on the tattoo the girl has as to whether guys will consider it trashy. Tattoo placement and the art itself makes a big difference. Butterflies, chinese symbols, etc - the common ones - tend to be viewed as trashy because they are so frequent and generally have little thought put in them.

• Who doesn't have tattoos these days? I think when guys have tattoos all over their arms and neck they look trashy. So really its not a gender thing, its more of a preference. I don't mind tattoos as I have several myself, but they are not in places that can be seen by the public eye nor prevent me from getting a job. Anything is a good thing as long as it is done in moderation. What really matters is how you feel about yourself, not what others think of you.

• Yeah my boyfriend only likes tattoos on girls if the girl is either artsy, punk rocker type or creative and he said I'm none of those. But I am the creative one. He just doesn't believe I am one. I kinda want a tattoo, but I don't know what I would get. But then again, he said if I do get one, he'll dump me. Even though he has 3 tattoos on his arms.

Then of course there's my parents who said if I get a tattoo, I will be off their insurance. So I don't want that happening.

• wow that's crazy. I don't get why guys can have tattoos and nothing be wrong with it , but girl are looked down apon for having them. Mine are out of sight no one would even guess that I have them. They also carry a lot of meaning to me. I think guys don't like it because its another thing that girls can do that they think only they should have the right to.

• Trashy. Like if they are big and on a noticeable place on your body