What about a white bikini?

I'm looking for a new bikini for this summer. I really like the look of white bikinis on the models, but I'm not sure if I should get one. I have a slight tan (store-bought lol), and I'm thinking that the white would make my tan look better. I've heard stories how white bikinis can be see through - has anyone actually ever had this happen to them?

I want something like this link (n white) or just a simple, plain white bikini

like this link (in white).

What do you think of white bikinis?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well they can go see through, but that's if they don't have a lining in them. But I"m sure that they put linings in them more often than not. Give it a try. I mean, if it does go see through, you won't see those people again right? Or get one of your really good friends to come over, and jump in and out of the shower wearing it, and s/he can tell you if it's see through or not. Or just take a pic, and see for yourself.

What Guys Said 7

• White can look great but I find the colorful ones look just as good. Sometimes the tops are see through when they get wet, but I am not sure that's a big deal. Even if you get wet they dry out fast.

• They're great IF you are tanned or are dark skinned. Yes, some of them can be seen through especially when wet, take my word for it.

• Pretty sure a friend of mine told me some white suits have extra stuff built in so when they do get wet they are not see though, so maybe check for that. White can look nice but I like the brighter colors.

• Surly the better quality white ones would not go see through? Just me I have checked and they don't all do. Ha ha

• I look great in white bikinis

• Don't worry about it. VS won't sell see through swimsuits. There ARE white bikinis that are see through when wet, but you'd have to find them elsewhere. Honestly, the two most important things about a bikini are how good your body is and how it's cut to complement your body. Color is a DISTANT third.

Having said that, you look really fair/pale in your picture. So I'd recommend steering clear of white.

• make sure your pubes are trimmed

What Girls Said 8

• Yeahh, I've seen white bikinis that have been a bit see-through before. It's not really that flattering either... but I'm sure guys wouldn't complain..

If it's not see-through when it's dry, that'll probably change as soon as it's wet.

• As long as you have those pads on the top, it won't be see through. Bottoms I'm not sure of but I'll let you know since I'm getting a bikini with white bottoms :)

• I'd wear a white bikini if I had more of a tan - If you want to get one go for it.

I'm pretty sure if you don't buy cheap ones it won't be see-through. usually the material is tick enough so you won't have to worry about that.

I love the second one, I have it in black.

• not a good idea,i have a white swimsuit and it's completely see through even tho the fabric is pretty thick

• White contrasts nicely with a tan. White bikinis go see-through when wet.

• i wear a white bikini alot. yes it does become see through, but that's part of the fun. if you're shy, I wouldn't get one.

• if you want to show off everything, go ahead woman...

personally, I'd never wear anything white, it shows off too much body...i'd only wear white if I were a size 0 twig.

• IF you don't plan on getting wet, don't think you have to worry.