Would you say a guy was overdressed if he wore this to a club or bar?

The question is up there. If you saw a guy wearing this link or this link Would you think he was trying too hard or that he was overdressed or would you think it was appropriate or attractive?

Well apparently a lot of girls think these outfits are too formal and 'it looks like they just got out of a business meeting.' I personally didn't think the second one was too formal, especially with those shoes. They just don't look like something you would wear to a 'business meeting'. Also, personally I use to wear an airforce uniform for ROTC and I didn't find it irritating or uncomfortable so those suits wouldn't be a problem in the comfort level. Thank you all for your input.

Most Helpful Girl

• To a bar: no. Bars are filled with people coming straight from work to the bar lol

To a club: yeah , a little overdressed :p

I mean, I love suits but I'd imagine you'd be uncomfortable after being in those all day! take off the blazer and undo a few buttons :p

• So you wouldn't be overdressed if you went in that to a bar? I thought it would be more overdressed for a bar than a club. What if that guy just wore that suit to go out clubbing for 3 or 4 hours. I'm sure they wouldn't be too uncomfortable. So as long as they take off the blazer it's just right? haha

• I guess it depends on the kind of bars. When I think of bars, I think of a loud but relaxing place you run to after a bad day. if they're comfortable in a suite, by all means go for it lol. but I'm warning you: it gets HOT lol

• Yeah, I know what you mean. I know it gets hot, especially at a club with all the people crowded and dancing. I guess I'll just stick to my usual attire.

What Girls Said 18

• I think it would be a nice change to see someone making the effort, the white one would definitely be quite eye catching!

• Would the first one not be good or does it look too formal?

• I'd say the white suit looks more formal, the outfit on the first link is something you could wear in either a casual or formal situation, without anyone saying it's 'too formal' it's a good balance in my opinion.

• Ah, okay. Well personally I thought the first one is more formal. I see what you mean now though.

• Depends what bar/club. There's some high-class bars out there that require certain dress codes, so for a place like that I think it would be fine. Your average-joe pub or cheap club you'd have to casual it up a bit. No blazer, rolled sleeves, maybe even untuck the shirt. I wear a lot of ridiculous clothes, or clothes that don't fit to where I'm going so I wouldn't think badly of it, but it would stand out.

• Yep, more suiting for a higher end type club. When you say clothes that don't fit do you mean really small dresses or skirts or larger dresses and skirts?

• Oh, okay. I misread as clothes that don't fit you. ha ha I see what you mean now.

• Haha no worries

• when I read ''overdressed'' I thought about this link

anyway, it always depends in what kind of club are that guy going to but he surely should pick a more comfortable outfit (damn, is he going to a club or to a formal business meeting? xD)

• That link didn't work. I'm sure those outfits aren't too uncomfortable, I mean it's basically a dress shirt with a blazer. I used to be in ROTC and even my formal outfit wasn't uncomfortable so I'm sure guys are fine when they choose to wear those suits.

• It really all depends on the club you're going to and its dress code. If you wore that to a casual, lower class club then yes I would of course think you're way overdressed.

• I agree, I think it's more suitable for the clubs that have strict dress codes and are higher class.

• Your style is nice but a suit to a hota** club is a little to much. Its attractive. appropriate? I don't know it depends on where the club is or what kind of club it is.

• possibly,depends on the club though.

However if it's in the week you would always get away with the first link because people would assume you came from work. The white one not so much.

• What kind of club would those be suitable for?

So the white one is overdressed? I would tend to think that one was more semi-formal.

• Depends on the caliber of the club, but for a generic club geared towards the typical youngsters (Pacha, Webster Hall, college bars), I'd say it's a bit too dressy, maybe appropriate for a high end nightclub in Las Vegas...

something like a rolled up dress shirt and well fitted jeans would be more suitable, like this->

link

• or wear a rolled up black dress-shirt to sexy it up a bit--> link

• I see what you mean and I agree. I think it would be more suitable for a high end club like downtown somewhere in a big city. That's also usually what I wear when I go clubbing with my brother. I usually wear a long sleeve shirt with some jeans like in the pics you posted.

• The first one yes but the second one if you where going to a classy bar like a preppy one then no.

• I would think he was a little overdressed but I wouldn't think it strange at all.

• I sense that you're being sarcastic when you say you wouldn't think it was strange but you're probably not.

• Well...yes and no. I don't do it for the "hey everyone look at me!" sort of attention. I find wearing something just a little out of the ordinary to be sort of beautiful and artistic at times, so I wear it for that reason.

• Ah, okay. So you like to be more of a hipster type chick. ha ha That's cool though, I like that type of look on girls.

• I think Barney Stinson. If you can pull off the attitude to match it, then it's great.

• Wow:-)!

• Is that a yes?

• I'm just saying what I do think :-)but yes you can't please everyone

• Yeah, well I appreciate your help. You're right, you sure can't please everyone.

• Yeah, I'd think he's a little overdressed but I'd assume he has a reason for it (i.e. came from a wedding or something, idk). It looks good, no doubt, but he'd look more chill and comfortable (and equally sexy) if he ditched the blazer.

• Okay, so apparently if he's just coming from his house, he's overdressed. ha ha That's usually what I tend to wear. It's usually a long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up and some jeans. I guess I'll just stick to that.

• Lol, either one of those suits without the blazer would look bangin'.

• haha I agree it wouldn't look bad.

• I would if he wore the white suite

• You would what? Think he was overdressed or attractive?

• well if you do get one like the one in the link I'm sure it will be a hit with the ladies ;-D

• I hope so and thanks.

• Kinda, but the white suit looks better.

• I think ti looks fine. It all depends on the club or bar and if you can carry the look.

I like the looks, I wouldn't think he was overdresses... I also don't know where he is coming from.

• Yeah, I know what you mean. Also how you put it, I don't know if I could 'carry the look'. Does it really matter where he's coming from? Would he be overdressed if he was just coming from his house?

• I wouldn't think he would be over dressed coming from his house... I probably would never ask him so I would assume you were coming from somewhere else. In the second picture I noticed the shoes, those aren't formal. I think you could carry it, you have a smooth look. Does it matter where he is coming from? No I don't think so... not really and if you really look at the second look at the white suit it looks less formal than the black.

• I personally didn't think I had a 'smooth' look. ha ha I don't really have a suit anyways so I'll probably just stick to my normal attire or wait until I save up some money to buy something like that.

• honestly yes! clubs are meant to be fun try wearing something cool and casual.

• Well I usually wear something like the links LonelyInTheDark posted up there ^^^. I was just wondering about those suits.

• Maybe minus the jacket.

• I live in a small town with casual bars, so that wouldn't really fly, but you could pull it off at a trendier place

• Yeah, I think it would be more suitable for a club downtown or something. That's just my opinion though.

What Guys Said 6

• First one I'd probably mistake you for a waiter lol

Second one, yeah definitely for a club. Maybe OK for a classy bar.

For a club fuuuuck no man. The white one and only if you have an attitude to pull it off which is difficult if it's not naturally already there, in which case you wouldn't even have asked the question in the first place.

In short yeah, overdressed.

• Depends on the club you are going to. If this is some college town, hip hop club, then yes, way over dressed and you would look like a fool to all the fake thugs and gangsters. But if this was more of an upscale establishment, like the club I used to work at, then you would fit in perfectly.

• Depends dude, how you ask yourself that question. Is it "Does my personality suit that suit" or is it "Does this suit suit my personality" ... too much suit, and still a bit HI! , but hope you understood me.

• lol I kind of understand what you're going for. I'll have to think about that.

• Depends on the girls he's trying to attract.

This says "I've got money"

It'll work for women that find this attractive (hint... a large number of them)

• lol I guess it would work on a lot of them. I think you kind of have to have the personality to pull it off.

• i think so... it doesn't look like it would fit the scene. they look more like business attires

• I think the second one looks semi-formal, especially with those shoes. I don't think you would wear those to a business meeting. I'm not sure though, I haven't been to a business meeting.

• I'd probably rock one of those to a club or bar but un-button a few buttons and make it more relaxed and chill and not like I'm going to a meeting.

Nice picks for clothes dude!

• Yeah, that was something along the lines I was thinking. I actually don't have a suit, yet. I'm thinking of probably getting one though.

• All I can do is try. haha

• Do work!