Why do guys always have their keys on lanyards hanging from their pockets?

I always see guys with their keys on lanyards and they put the key in their pocket and let the lanyard hang out. Why?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yea, I agree with Kairon. This is something that caught fire in the late 90's, it was part of a recruitment campaign that the military branches in the US were doing, and it caught on everywhere else in the US and beyond.

Not sure if it will ever go away, but you're witnessing how a trend begins and ends. They never truly die.

What Guys Said 8

• I personally don't like lanyards and whenever I've been given them, throw them out or give them away.

• Hahaha. I don't wear a landyard but I have a clip that goes on my belt buckle. I don't use it all the time though. I usually do it first thing in the morning so I don't forget my keys while leaving for work. However, doing it all the time would irritate me because you constantly hear the keys.

• It looks moronic and maybe people like to look stupid. link

• sometimes I do an don't realize until I get it caught on a door knob. lanyards are awesome though, keep as much sh*t on my keys as possible so I don't lose them. were you ever in the 90s when chain wallets were the fashion for guys?

• I used to do that but no longer I stopped maybe back in 2003?

• Why not?

• I've seen a few girls do this too. some style I guess

• I think it's a style left over from the 90's but I can't be 100% sure.

What Girls Said 3

• I notice that too and I can't help but look whose keys are jangling

• i think its just to keep up with stuff and they don't want to wear it around their necks.

and then its too much trouble to push all the lanyard fabric down into their pocket so they just let it hang out. the key(s) are heavy enough to stay inside of the pocket and they can just grab the lanyard (hanging outside the pocket) to quickly/easily remove it.

• oooo I find it cute.