Do guys like tomboy looking girls?

Do guys like girls who dress kind of boyish or do they prefer girlier or trendy looking girls?

i don't think I dress too boyish. I wear girl clothes but I make it look my own style. I wear lots of layers because they make me feel safe. ha ha :D and I never show my boobs or anything. I don't want people to get the wrong idea about me. I wear flannels, Jeans, lots of stripes, cardigans boat neck shirts, pants, etc. but I usually wear converse or vans. If I ever wear flats, its because I'm wearing something too boyish and I don't want people to think I'm a lesbian or something. And I wear necklaces and earrings and bracelets to remind people that I'm still a girl. I feel like I dress like my 2 year old niece sometimes. And odd thing is, she always likes my clothes. She thinks theyre hers . ha ha :D

Oh and the girliest I usually dress is like Taylor swift. I just realized we dress similar. :( like when she wears pants because I don't wear skirts or dresses.

I have a platinum pixie but I always wear a tiny bit of makeup like mascara, and blush. I try to keep a balance between tomboy and girly. I don't want people to think I'm a lesbian so I have to wear something that looks kind of girly. Since I'm not too girlie and don't care about fashion and all that, I don't follow trends. I just wear what I like, but I am careful about looking trashy.

So idk. Do guys like tomboys or girlier women, or do they not care?

ok. so for those who wanted pictures, I won't post one of myself but I'll post pictures that are similar to what I wear on a daily basis.

i don't think I dress too boyish, nor too girlie either.

link

link

link
and my hair is like this but platinum/ almost white.

link

Most Helpful Guy

• You could try a pic but no, it seems like it screams 'I'm asexual'.

You don't need to dress girlie. Boyish clothes that are body conscious are still hot. But as you noted, you like lots of layers because its 'safe'. You don't want people to see your body in a sexual way. Your desire is likely being granted. And that makes you invisible to guys.

• yes. I've always been like this since I was a kid. I always have to be covered up to feel safe.

I really don't want to be seen in a sexual way. I don't know why.

i actually do get attention from men but I don't like it. I'd rather have them think I'm cute or adorable, than hot or sexy. I just hate when people tell me that. I don't know if I'm asexual. I've always had crushes on guys. but to be honest, I don't think of them in a sexual way. the thought of that just terrifies me.

• But is it that important to appeal to guys sexually? I understand that in a relationship people will eventually do that stuff but I don't want a guy to only want me for sex or to only think about sex when he first sees me. I don't think I'm ugly so isn't that enough? Plus, I don't show skin, but I wear tight clothing so its obvious my boobs are there and all that womanly stuff.

• Most guys if they don't find you sexually appealing would not have any interest in a monogamous relationship. Period. Sex may be -deferred- till later, but if the interest is not there from the start, there's no point moving forward.

He's going to think about you sexually from the start or not be interested.

If you're hot and wear tight clothing, yes, that could be enough. As I said in original answer 'body conscious but boyish' can still be hot.

What Guys Said 8

• I tend to date more of the girlie girl type, but if a tomboy type turned out to be the right girl for me, I wouldn't let the tomboy style spoil the opportunity to date a great girl.

• Dress how you feel comfortable. Everyone has different tastes and you'll never be able to please them all. So please yourself and guys will be attracted to the real you instead of a fake you.

Personally I think flannel shirts are hot. They are hot in the soft fuzzy cuddle by the fireplace on a cold winter night sort of way - if that makes sense. But hey, I'm old school and I have no idea what people like now. But I do know that everyone has different tastes and if you go too far out of your comfort zone it will just appear fake.

• Yeah I feel like I dress different, its just not me. And I see many other girls wear flannels and I don't see guys complaining. I think they look cool. :D

• It's OK to dress "down" in this case but if you're looking like a nun, then no. Women don't understand how to dress to accentuate. Pick out the best feature of your body, and let it free...(obviously not nude, but you get the point), then cover up the rest. That way, you give a little hint, but keeps him guessing...that's what men want when it comes to women and their style

• haha no my mom and sister used to tell me to stop dressing like nun when I was younger. slowly as I grew older, I started showing my wrists, then my neck, etc. I used to dress more covered up before. I don't wear loose clothes though. I wear skinny jeans, and tight shirts. I'll put up some pictures of examples of what I normally wear.

• idk. I don't like to take pictures of myself. the picture are similar to what I wear. except with chucks, vans, or keds.

• No, again...I need to see YOU, not other people

• you can wear compltely non revealing clothing and attract more intelligent guys who can see that you're not one of those girls looking for lots of guy approval.. and that's great, you'll probably naturally attract a guy that you like much more than the norm

• I'll be honest, I prefer girls with longer hair. But aside from that I think you're fine. Admittedly I really don't care how girls dress.

• Cute.

• I like short hair girls. They blow better.

• no. I like girls who look like girls not guys.

What Girls Said 5

• Giirrll to hell with the world...u dress in whichever way you feel comfortable,and ull atract the attention you deserve I'm sure...a guy should look at you for who you are and how you speak,not for how h*rny he feels when looking at u,that is not the attention you would want...just be yourself,and don't care what they like/dislike..

• Yeah thank for understanding. I don't like that sort of attention so I don't dress revealing, plus the fact that its winter, and I'm a vegetarian so I get really cold. Haha

• Lol gosh its like I'm speaking to my twin here :P I also don't dress revealing bcoz I hate that kind of attention,and I'm a vegetarian lol! :P ...I feel ya hommie ^^ ...just be yourself and remain the self-respectful person that you r,girls like you are VerY rare nowadays so be proud! ..anybody can look like trash,but not anybody has the morals and principles you do! ...stay confident,ur personality is beautiful and I'm sure so are your looks...oh and NEVER change who you are for ANYONE,ur perfect..gdluck!

• One of my old guy friends (who is also an ex) got engaged to a girl who was extremely tomboyish. He dated her right after me. >_< I'm really girly. But now I know the reason why things didn't work out is because tomboys are what floats his boat.

• Its cute. But you kind of messed of with the short hair if your trying to veer away from that lesbian stud look. Buttt it really depends om the gut sometime prefer it some dont. And some don't care.

• Guys at my school have tomboy gfs :)

• Who would want to date a girl who acts like a man? Do you date female acting men?