Why would a guy keep glancing at you from across a table?

It was a typical dinner table. There were people sitting all around the dinner table eating and talking I was sitting at one end of the table, and the guy was sitting at the other end. I do not know who the guy is and he doesn't know who I am neither.

My mom was sitting next to me, and I called her to say something (but she didn't hear me because she was talking loudly to someone next to her). I looked up and the guy across from me was continuously glancing at me even when if I glanced back at him and looked away. I was literally turning red and extremely embarassed, and a little mad because my mom was not listening to me.

Why was he staring at me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Could be that, if he was directly in front of you, he was just looking forward. I have slight neck problems and find that facing forward is simply easiest. And that just means that you were in his general line of sight, doesn't have to mean anything more than that. Occasional glances would mean that he might find you attractive, but if he's not paying you any more attention than anyone else, then it goes back to you simply being right in front of him in his natural line of vision.

Who knows, maybe he wondered the same about you :P

• While he was in a conversation with someone, he seemed to have been giving me more attention even when I was not looking.

What Guys Said 3

• The only reason I can think of is that he thought you were pretty and was enjoying the view. He was making his interest obvious. Many guys are just too shy to actually approach girls and settle by staring.

• Where's he suppose to look. If he's not engaged in conversation with someone next to him, then he's bound to be watching and listening to others. You were voicing out trying to get your mom's attention, so he probably noticed it. You were after all directly in front of him... He could have also just been spacing out, and then noticed you looking at him and turned away.

• He WAS in a conversation with someone next to him.

• Maybe what you observed was him looking away from the person he was in conversation with, rather then glancing at you. Think about it, someone to the side of you asks you a question, you turn towards them talk a little bit and then return to your center. You don't just stare at the person with laser vision. =P Maybe what you interpreted as glancing at you, was just him being curious and not staring at the person next to him.

• *courteous

• Maybe he's blind and just "looked" not aware that he's "looking" at someone?

• I know people. This guy was definitely aware he was looking at me.

What Girls Said 1

• he was probably just trying to show you he was checking you out. next time just relax and give a flirty smile.