Pigtails on young women unattractive?

I just recently found I love (low) pigtails and it's an excellent hairstyle for getting hair out of the face and looking cute at the same time... but then I came across an instagram post and I became disappointed to find that a lot of people think pigtails on grown women is "creepy." Personally I think it's HOT.

Examples:

link

link

link

link

link

So is this hairstyle creepy? Or only should be worn under 10 years old?I think it's pretty hot on all these ladies and I want to keep wearing it myself but I'm hesitant because I don't want to seem like a creepy fuck.

link Kids vs Adults. This is the only time I am updating.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like it. I don't think it looks creepy. They're cute. Keep wearing your hair that way and who cares what people say!

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 22

• I've always felt pigtails look best on pigs, ponytails on ponies, and dreads on the dreadful.

• I wouldn't call them "unattractive", but pigtails do look weird or unusual on adults and even teens. But they're cute on kids. My opinion.

• I used to pull them back in high school...I tell you what, they look great on adult women wearing leather!

• We call them "pony tails" in the UK,

It's an old fashion look, hippies use to wear them, (can't stand hippies)

And the kids from Saint Trinians,

Could be cool, depends on the length of hair,

But I like it when girls have a single braid on one side that starts from eye level, very cute,

Not creepy if you have short hair and you are redecorating the house/flat/apartment,

• Call them pony tails in Canada to but I knew what pig tails are.

• its also pigtails in the uk for one on each side, ponytails are one single one at the back or side. maybe it differs in other areas of england but in my city theyve always been called pigtails

• Never heard it called pigtails in this country,

• I think it looks cute and don't find it creepy at all.

• I do not see how it would be creppy at all. If you want to wear your hair like that then do so.

• I don't understand how hair can be creepy.

• Yes, because everyone claims it's creepy yet I don't believe hairstyles can be creepy.

• A guy with pigtails might be creppy, lol. I think that you could put it off it would look hot in a cute kind of way if that makes sense.

• The guys answers on this question lol. But to answer the question yeah it looks really cute.

• 99% of the time, yes, it's unattractive. Cute with a sexy Halloween outfit or something, but normally I don't like them at all.

• Doesn't Megan fox wear pigtails?

• I like it. Some women look really good with it.

• I like it

• I like pigtails on a girl especially when I'm getting head from her.

• I love pig tails. They're so sexy on young women.

• I really don't like then. They're not creepy, but they're not attractive either.

• No kind of cute

• Not a hairstyle I'm exactly crazy about. I think the ponytail looks better.

• I'm sure that to the sort of men that asks women to dress up in school girl uniforms before sex, pigtails are awesome.

• You mean handlebars?

• fucking HOT! love em'

• It depends. On some girls it just looks weird but on others its a big turn on and it makes me wanna give it to her from behind while I pull them

• It can be cute if she has a nice butt.

• Oh so they can look cute if she has a nice butt but not nice boobs. Ha, how ridiculous.

• Pigtails are hot. I like having some hair to pull on when I'm hitting it from the back.

What Girls Said 24

• No, I don't think it's creepy. I think people have too much time on their hands to sit around and

judge other people, when they should be doing something productive. You know,

there's A LOT of hairstyles and fashions trends, that some people like and others don't

But, the ones that don't like that hairstyle of fashion trend, shouldn't make the people that

do question themselves and the fact that they like it. I say, you should rock those pigtails

like there's no tomorrow and screw what everybody else thinks! Something I've learned, is

that when we stop doing (or wearing) things that we love because of the critcism of others

for fear of judgement ( or in your case being creepy). Then we lose who we truly are in

the process, because of some jacksasses who have nothing better to do then say "pigtails are

creepy". I mean, honestly you have to consider the sorce of the person that has enough

time in there day to do that lol. Anyway, wear your low pigtails and anybody who gives you

trouble for it just say "screw you!, if it bothers you so much. Don't look at me!"

• LOL. Totally agree with you, I don't understand how people sit and think of bizarre things associated with a hairstyle!

• i think high pigtails are weird and childish looking like this link but low pigtails look really cute on women especially when their hair is curly link link

• Exactly! Kids wear the high pigtails, people don't understand what they're talking about haha.

• BJ handles!

i would say this shouldn't be an everyday look... it gives the impression you are a little childish. Maybe for an occasion where dressing or being a little childish would be cute and semi-appropriate. I used to do it sometimes for work in my teens when I worked in an very playful, colorful ice cream shop.

just realize it is a pretty youthful, child-like look. then apply appropriately. I wouldn't go to an interview these days with these, or meet a consultant. no one would take me seriously. what you want to do in your down time is up to you.

• It looks very child-like to me but I think it's possible to look adorable/cute with it. I wouldn't personally wear it like that though. It reminds me too much of how I used to wear it at school and I hated the me at school -_- but I can see some girls pulling it off.

• Overall, I'm not a huge fan of the style but I think it can look good in some cases. So, it just depends on the girls facial structure, hair type, etc. That being said, I don't think you should base your hairstyle on the opinions of others. Do what you like, it's your hair.

• I think it looks childish.

But some young women can pull it off.

I've seen women in their 20's-30's wearing pigtails.

• I see... I don't know but I rarely see children or adults in pigtails. If they are kids in pigtails they are high pigtails. I have never seen a kid with low pigtails in my life. *shrugs*

• Really? I see women with it pretty often (not every day but often enough).

And I've seen kids with low pig tails.

• Must be location, I live in Wisconsin.

• depends, I did it once and I was told I looked too Native American, I'm Mexican...I loved pigtails as a kid but as an adult, I guess it depends on your face frame and hair, Your last update, that was horrible because little girls are cutest in that hairstyle and don't look grumpy. Again its not creepy, it all depends on you

• You missed the point of that picture entirely... who cares what her facial expression is. It's the hair we are talking about.

• *sigh* it looks better on younger girls, elementary ages

• I wear my hair like link when I go to the beach. I like the hairstyle. It looks cute.

• I wear them on occasion, and I could care less if other people don't like it. I do, and as long as it's my hair, it's my choice. I can't stand that sloppy bun on top of the head look that is very popular right now, but I doubt those women that wear them care what I think about it either. It's their hair after all.

• I've been watching charmed and Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) wore pigtails a number of times there. It made me wonder, why don't women wear pigtails anymore today, when in the 90s it's normal that grown woman wear them?

So I gave it a try in the bathroom, tied my hair in pigtails, and then it reminded me of girls in p*rn lol Took 'em right off. Now I know why no one wears pigtails on the street.

• Marilyn Monroe was a mixture of childlike innocence and sexy seductiveness. She had an adorable sweet wide-eyed face yet had major sex appeal. That's why she is almost like her own entity... it was a superb mixture that was infatuating to men.

• Her personality in itself was cute and innocent and sexy and seductive. Her looks were as well.

• I personally find pigtails on adults, or basically anyone over 7, to look really weird. Not creepy, just not flattering and kind of strange. There are plenty of better hairstyles to keep hair off the face. Buns, ponytails etc. A simple low ponytail is kind of like pigtails but looks much better.

• I always want to try it at least once,but I ended up looking like crap lol.I think it depends on your features.Some girls are just don't suit with any pigtails hair style. This one look cute though.

link

link

• Well, I don't know if guys lie or not, when it comes to certain hair styles.

I know when I wear them, whether they like it or not, I get loads of compliments from guys in particular, could they be lying? Maybe... but all of them? hmmm

perhaps those who find it creepy, relate it to pedophilia? idk... I suppose it's creepier if you find out a guy likes this certain hairstyle on you"because" it reminds him of little girls, as oppose to someone who doesn't like the hair style, but thinks you can actually rock the certain hair do?

Anyway, I think any hairstyle can be unattractive if it doesn't flatter you. You have to find what goes well with your face... some people look good in any hairstyle, while others don't.

• I think they're cute, and occasionally if I'm feeling daring, I'll wear them.

Unfortunately without my hair in pigtails, I get accused of being 12 years old, so...with pigtails...people baby talk me. So I don't get to wear them often. Haha.

• i think they look cute

• I think it looks good on hipsters and hippies, but other than that it does look childish or (sometimes) a bit tacky/cheap.

• Funny how something as simple as a hairstyle is frowned upon. Simple protein - tainted with judgements... :/

• Same thing as clothing, make up, etc - some things just have negative associations/perceptions. At the end of the day, wear whatever you like, however you like. It's your body.

• Understand what you mean, though I feel a hairstyle is one of the most ludicrous things to base judgments on.

• I think it is hot too lol. I always try to find a Halloween costume that goes with pig tails because people thing it is weird if I wear them normally.

• I don't understand why... women wore them all the time in the 60s.

• a cowgirl, pippi longstocking, a school girl, cheerleader, wendsday (braided pigtails),

• Haha, wow, never knew there were so many

• Its ok...

• it's an adorable hairstyle ! probably my favourite !

• I don't like the look of it personally. Unless I'm playing with my man lol

• Over twenty five is like my mom trying to be hip to me

• I don't see anything wrong with it personally. Its just a hairstyle.

Similarly side ponytails, which is a personal favorite of mine. get hated on as well.

• I personally think only little girls should wear them but some of those girls pulled it off.

• you could probably get away with the duel-buns look but as far as pig tails It's not something that I like on young women

• I see but kids wear high pigtails, they don't wear low ones.

• best answer right here