Back acne marks: gross, distracting, an immediate rejection?

So... let's say a girl is wearing a tank top, and then she turns around to where her upper back and shoulders are seen. Then let's add that the back is covered with light brown/tan colored marks over pale skin, that are left behind from unfortunate back acne. Is it disgusting? I have it, and am self-conscious (though I can usually talk myself into "not caring" anyway)... it isn't cystic or full of white heads, its just the leftover, noticeable marks (but not deep, "pitted" scars).

This question is to both guys and girls. I feel that it would be unattractive to both, and somehow I actually feel that girls will judge me more.
Any thoughts; is it a distraction or something you can't get over? Are you more likely to wrinkle your nose if it is a stranger instead of a friend?

Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you ask a general question this way most will answer - YES NOT ATTRACTIVE :) and THAT unless it's someone who is with or has experience with someone who has back acne and stuff.

Let's accept it that back acne or blemishes etc aren't really one of the most attractive things the way we humans perceive beauty and stuff.

Offhand even I'd say - yes not attractive.

But one thing I've known is what matters finally is chemistry between 2 people even if not love. My gf has some blemishes & acne (not laid out like a carpet but a few - yes) on her back apart from post pregnancy stretch marks and related stuff. Normally on someone I'd most probably not find any of these attractive but my chemistry with her is so strong that NOTHING or NO ONE has made me go so nuts about everything on her - so my vote always goes to the closeness & chemistry than taking it on a general perspective :)

Moreover, you mention that they are 'left over noticeable marks' and not very deep or pitted so guess it's ok.

Like my girl you may have to carefully choose the type of backless outfits probably but for a guy who finds you attractive he will sure ignore those and more or maybe even go nuts about those too the way I do on my girl lol :D

What Guys Said 6

• It's not attractive...smooth and clear skin would look better. Yet, it's not a deal breaker by any means. Everybody has their flaws, and I know firsthand the awful side effects of having oily skin. I would never judge you for having acne scars on your back

• If you want the real truth, it probably depends on the person. I know there's guys who won't care, but I personally think it's a bit of a turn off. But trust me, if the girl is pretty, it doesn't matter at all, even if it is a turn off, the face and or rest of the body will make up for it. It's not like it's a deal breaker if you have back acne or leftover scars, it's not that big of a deal. Kinda like hairy arms on a girl, some guys don't care some think it's gross, but if she's hot, who cares? lol

• Puh-leez. Everyone has had acne to some extent. Don't worry about it. If someone is making a decision to date you based on that, he's not worth your time.
    .
    I was madly in love and very sexually attracted to (couldn't keep my hands to myself!) to a girl who had severe burn scars on her legs and thighs. She wore shorts and bikinis and was confident that it didn't matter. So no one else thought it mattered.
    .
    And I LOVED looking at her in her shorts and her bikinis...and loved looking at her even more when said clothing was down around her ankles!

• I don't think it matters. It certainly wouldn't have much of an effect on whether I was attracted to a girl.

Although if it bothers you and lowers your confidence levels, you can always choose to wear outfits that cover it up.

• I dont think it is that bad

• Well If she's very pretty and a friend of girlfriend I wouldn't care

What Girls Said 6

• Only an idiot would reject you solely based on the fact that you have back acne marks/scars. And those guys aren't worth being with anyway. A girl can be pretty even if her skin isn't perfect. And let's face it, nobody's skin is perfect. We all have our scars, pimples, stretch marks, bumps, eczema etc. So if anyone really judges you for it, they're stupid. Sure, it might not be the most attractive thing in the world, but it definitely shouldn't be a dealbreaker either.
    I have a mild case of keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, so I know the feeling. I always try to wear long-sleeved shirts and cardigans to avoid showing the eczema. I've only recently started to come to terms with it. I know it's difficult, but I live by this rule: if you don't care, nobody else will. My friend told me that once (because I was whining about my upper arms) and it's actually incredibly accurate. Sometimes when my friends have a pimple or whatever, they'll point it out to me and say "eww look at my gross pimple, I hate it so much". And most of the time, I didn't even care about it or notice it in the first place. But since they pointed it out, I started to care and/or notice it a lot more.
    So, simply go with the flow and act as if you don't care about your marks. Then nobody else will care.

• We're married now, but back when i first met my husband, the first time we had sex i reached behind him and put my hand on his neck and back, and i could feel that he had some back acne, and a few moles here and there. At first i found it a little unattractive, but after that one time, i never really noticed it again after that, and now it sure as hell doesn't bother me considering i married the guy. So i guess i would say yes, if it's there, people are probably going to notice, but if you look at the whole picture, when someone looks at the rest of you and not just your back, it doesn't really matter at all.

• Not really no. First off, it would be hypocritical because I suffered from back acne (mild case, but still... ) when I was a teenager.
    Secondly, I don't find it disgusting at all. I think everyone has minor imperfections on their skin, we are humans after all.

• You should try using a fade cream that's what I use for acne scars

• To be honest, I alone find it gross and distracting, because i wouldn't want to rub that person back or anything, kinda freaks me out in someway.

• It doesn't sound bad; kind of sounds like they look like freckles or birthmarks...