Beards? What are reasons men suddenly grow a beard?

A guy I slightly know grew a beard, another friend of his posted that he had a reason for it and made it like it was some big deal.
Nobody I know knows what she is talking about and she is being "mysterious" about it.
Nobody can ask him because he is currently unavailable online/text for a few weeks while he and his band go on a small tour.

He still shaves his head everyday so it isn't about not wanting to shave.
And he isn't a sports fan, so not about a sports team or tradition.

I'm mostly just confused why the one friend is acting like it is a big mystery.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm too busy admiring my teeth in the morning.

• Just because it made me laugh and nobody but that guy can actually answer me.

What Guys Said 5

• 1. most of the time, it indicates someone self involved
    2. others grow it due to skin blemishes, odd face shape they can now control
    3. fraternities have celebrations where these are a must
    4. when young, just want to see if can grow a good one & see what life in one is like
    5. Facebook recently had a grow a beard in support of XYZ something that a friend was doing
    6. secret clubs may require this as a step in passage to being promoted
    7. it is a sexual adventure experiment between the two of them

• Cause it (hopefully!) looks good. And it kinda feels good too. Whatever that means.

• Shaving is annoying

• Because shaving them is frankly a ball ache.. thats the main reason.

• She most likely was the one that asked him to grow the beard, and he is doing it for her.

• Possible, but she is his best friends wife.

• Maybe that is why she wants to keep the reason a secret.

What Girls Said 5

• 0|2
    • Maybe some guys, but this guy is hot no matter what. With, without, scruffy.

• Either way I do find that most guys look better with beards/goatees/facial hair you know assuming that the facial hair they have works with their facial structure.
      @OpenClose - I just think most guys can't pull off mustaches. They look weird and creepy by themselves even without the media. I just think of that friend I had in high school with the creepy dad who drove that Chester the Molester van when I see a guy with a mustache and just eww.. it creeps me out. Either that or a mariachi band hahaha XD

• Many reasons.Most of them personal.Maybe a girl (he likes) likes it more.Maybe he has a scar or anything to hide? Maybe HE likes it more, looking "brutal" and more man like, that "spartan" look (which greeks really rock-besides it's in their bloode)... -God I love bread, too!! :P

• I know my brother, when he used to play American Football, during playing season refused to shave his beard, because it would be bad luck.

• Superstition in hopes he will win the Stanley Cup

A bet

Another girl

• he may have decided to stop spending money on razors