Why do guys ignore their ex-girlfriends after a break up?

I just got dumped a week a ago and I haven't heard from my ex since. I was PMSing and being bratty, but I called him a bitch for basically no reason (on text) and he broke up with me. We had a great relationship beforehand, no fighting, no arguing, we always got along. He'd always tell me he... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys ignore their ex-girlfriends for several reasons after a break-up depending on the situation.

1) They don't want girls to be led on (as it's hard to be "just friends" after a break up when one person has feelings for the other that aren't reciprocated).

2) They feel horribly about hurting the girl if they did the dumping, and they can't reconcile the guilt they feel.

3) They are seeing someone else and don't want the ex to know about it because it will just lead to a messy situation.

4) They still have feelings for the girl, but aren't ready to deal with the feelings for whatever reason.