Make Your Calorie Bomb Meals More Body-Friendly With Simple Choices

Yeah, everyone loves a good hamburger, pizza, fries, doughnuts...but what you can do to make all of these at least a bit more healthy is: substitution, reduction, ommision.

Hamburger:

Ommit the bun - substitute it with lettuce or mushrooms maybe. Simple. Bake the meat in the oven or BBQ style...not fry in oil. No cheese, no sauce, no bacon - if you bake it right...the meat is all you need.

Fries:

Cook them for 10-20 minutes and then bake in the oven - not fry in oil. Add garlic, paprika, parsley, scallions and whatever else you want before baking.

Pizza:

Make cauliflower crust, use a lot of veggies!

Pasta:

You honestly don't need butter, no need for cheese, no need for anything except the sauce you wish to put on it such as salsa, pesto, seafood, meat... Just stick to one. Better yet - make it into a salad - with lots of cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli...whatever floats your boat. Add the sauce you want, but make sure it's actually made from scratch so you know exactly what's in it. Make sure there's more vegetables than pasta.

Doughnuts:

Simply bake them in the oven instead of deep frying them in oil. No oil needed.

Good luck!

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• Sandwich? Lettuce wrap or knife and fork. Pasta? Shredded cucumber strings. Pizza? Cheese with topics directly on pan.

Hell, I just ate a plate of brats and kraut.

Google ketogenic diet, throw in gluten free, and you're basically paleo if you avoid cheese. Imitate vegan vegetable substitutions, and after a while, you'll look at how much bread and shit people eat the way we look at Romans for sprinkling lead on their food today.

• I don't eat cheese - can't eat dairy... So yeah, I am paleo... I guess. Although I've never really given it a lot of thought.

• Very tasty Take, excellent recipes :D

• You made me hungry now... a yum yum take Sally :D

• whats the point of eating that

What Girls Said 10

• Most of those look great to me. But I'll never give up pasta! And a little cheese isn't bad for you as long as it's in moderation.

• The hamburger is not a hamburger without a bun.
    Potatoes are awesome in the oven with oregano, olive oil and lemon!
    If you bake your own pizza at home it's certainly going to taste better and have less fat than if you ordered it.
    I've also eaten pasta salad and pasta with sauce only, it did taste good but the sauce has to be awesome.

• Baked fries <3 <3 mhhhhh so goooood

• Totally correct. A good intermediate step to completely healthy eating and a good alternative for a sin from time to time

• yummy take

• Nice, those meals look delicious, I'll try them soon

• As bread formed the basis of medieval European cuisine, I do not think there is strong evidence to suggest that bread is automatically harmful for the body. In medieval society, the rich ate white bread, because refined flour was for the upper class; and the poor ate brown bread, because unrefined flour was for the lower class. I suppose that was fitting, because the lower class was unrefined/uncivilized. LOL.

Therefore, I believe that there is nothing wrong with eating the traditional hamburger, French fries, pizza, pasta, and doughnuts. The fact that bread is energy-dense indicates that it's a good form of famine food. Milk is too, if you have nothing else to eat.

• Glad you didn't suggest the zucchini noodles. Those taste like shit. So bitter

• Hng I want some food

• Where are the recipes?

• Do everything as you'd normally do it... except with the substitutions... There are many different ways - do it the way you like it...