How much alcohol does it take for you to get drunk?

Are you a guy/girl?

How tall are you?

How much do you weigh?

Do you usually drink?

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate it when people, especially guys, brag about how much they can drink without getting drunk, they say stuff like 'I drank for 2 days straight and I wasn't drunk!' Cmon yeah right what was it you were drinking? Water?! Well being drunk really depends on how fast you drink them one after the other and also your tolerance for alcohol, somebody who drinks everyday will get drunk a lot slower than someone who drinks once a week, I think size does play a part although its a small one from what I've seen. For me to be drunk, at a decent pace maybe like 6 or 7 beers, I'm a guy, I'm 5"10, 145lbs, and I don't drink that often, only if its a special occasion or a good sports event is on at the pub. I've seen men who were smaller than me drink a bottle of Irish whiskey and not get drunk, mainly because they have a high tolerance for alcohol while a guy twice his size would have to be carried home because he's not used to it. I'm Irish and unfortunately alcohol does play a big part in our culture so I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to booze lmao, good question :)

• Yeah I'm 106 pounds and I need to chug at least 4 beers within 10 minutes to even feel a buzz. But I drink everyday, ever since I was 16 and am now 21. I drink about half a 5th of Jameson a day now. But I drink to get drunk.

What Guys Said 28

• im 6'2" 182, a guy of course...i drink every weekend - as far as knowing what it takes to get me drunk...recently I ahve no idea...we just buy handles between 3 of us and until we're ready to go then we go...we kinda treat it like driving a standard car - there's no need for me to look at the RPMS when driving a standard car, I can go by feel and noise...same with alcohol...i just drink till I know I'll be good lol

• This varies entirely from person to person but realistically, the larger the person, the more it would take for them to get drunk.

Are you a guy/girl? - I am a guy

How tall are you? - 6'1

How much do you weigh? - Last time I checked I was 195

Do you usually drink? - I honestly shouldn't I actually can't even stand the taste of it, but onloy drink socially

I would say it takes like an average amount to get drunk of someone my size, varies from drink to drink I guess

• Guy, 6'2", 165 lbs., I never partied in high school (guess I was saving it all for college), then went to parties multiple times a week for my 4 years at university. I drink socially these days, but much, much less frequently. Even so, when it comes to beer, I don't really feel anything I'm until about 6-8 deep - and if I were to reach the point of no return, that comes at about 12. But luckily, I don't go out of my way to push those limits anymore, there's no need.

• Guy

5'7"

About 170

I used to drink about once week but haven't in a long time.

I would say about 5 shots of Jack Daniels to start feeling it. Once I hit 10 or so start to become a mess. Although it I took the shots faster I would need less. If I did shots back to back I would probably be really drunk after maybe 5.

• Guy

5'11

160

A couple times a month

Usually anywhere around 8-12 beers will get me drunk, depending on how fast I drink them and what I ate beforehand.

More from Guys
23

What Girls Said 19

• depends, 3 shots of tequila in 30 minutes get me drunk

but like 15 shots of tequila in 12 hours do nothing to me

• 5'9"

120

yes (not a ton, but more than "rarely")

The closest I've come to getting drunk was when I drank a half a bottle of wine as well as two other drinks. I wasn't actually all that drunk, though.

• I'm 5'2" so it doesn't take a lot of alcohol to get me drunk.

• girl

5'2

44kg...err 97 lbs I think

no I don't really drink all the time because my alcohol tolerance is non-existent.

when I'm at a bar and I'm just sitting around not being that active, I get super buzzed after one jug of beer. never tried anything beyond that. don't want to. don't dare to.

if I'm at a club, I usually dance the alcohol off so I'm able to handle more alcohol in the system. probably about 2 jagerbombs, 2 tequila shots, a few chocolate cake shots, a glass of macallan + coke...but that's stretched out over at least 3 hours...dancing.

i just stay buzzed though, I never go beyond that. don't wanna do anything stupid to embarrass myself :p

• i love chocolate cake!

• chocolate cake shots are the best.

• dam now I want one...

yeah the time I tried one I was like, are you serious? it taste like f***in chocolate man.

got me buzzin too haha.

• im 5'4" bout 160 and it takes me maybe 5 consecutive shots to get drunk. tho usually ill only have like 1 or 2 beers throughout an night at home.

im gonna be screwed on my birthday

More from Girls
14