Nail polish on a guy?

My girlfriend asked me to put nail polish on my toes.Gay or ok?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well, it may have been considered gay in the past (like guys wearing earrings once was), but not anymore! Check out "Suzi's Blog" on the OPI nail polish web site. In the "for men" section, Suzi (who is OPI's guru of fashion) not only encourages men to take better care of their feet and get a pedicure, but she even suggests colors of nail polish that look good on men!It may not be for every guy - yet. But if you are confident enough to pull it off, then more power to ya! I have personal experience with this. On a whim, my wife suggested I try it after I complimented her on the color she was wearing (deep maroon) on her toenails. Well, I'm pretty open-minded, so I did try it.and surprisingly, we both liked it! Enough that I wear my toes polished most of the time now.You might be pre-conditioned to think this is weird, but think about how many really cool styles began with someone trying something new, then it later becoming mainstream. I look at it this way; my feet never really used to look that great because I didn't pay much attention to them. Now, I don't have ingrown toenails, they're not crusty and calloused, and when they are polished, they look pretty dang sexy (my wife's actualy words)!In life, you're either a leader or a follower. Decide where you want to be in the food chain.

What Girls Said 20

• Ahahaha we did this one time, just for fun. We got a little drunk and I begged my husband to let me paint his toes. Unfotunately two days later we had to go to the ER.hehe he got a lot of crap for that, especially being a Soldier

• gay! do what you want

• Gay, doesn't make you seem that manly:-)

• more gay than ever:).its never ok 4 a guy 2 polish nails

• lol I asked my fiance to do that.just for the heck of it so I could poke fun at him.i think you should let her do it.you can always take it off and you guys can both have a giggle from it :P

• do it. but use like navy or green or black plus if you wear sneakers not sandals whos gonna no but you and her and maybe your family if you go around their house barefoot if you even see them tht often so just do it its not that hard to take off and its fun(clear coats are way boring go for bold)

• Lol, clear coat maybe?

• Oh geez.lolShe may just be wanting to test out a color, or maybe she's just goofing around. Either way, humor her, and then borrow some fingernail polish remover from either your mom or a girl friend to get it off when your girlfriend leaves.Now, if it were black, white, or lime-green polish on your FINGERnails, that might be different. Goths and emos tend to do that, as do some punks.

• GAY!

• you should do it for your girlfriend, but.idk. I don't know why she wants to paint your nails. :/

• Depends on the color. I like doing my nails, and I get bored when they're done because I wanna do 'em again. I wish my boyfriend would let me do his... Even in clear.

• Really? He won't let you?

• Show Older
    • lol... you need a more submissive boyfriend! ;)

• Lol, that's what I love about him though! Submissive=total turn-off..lol

• gay :( don't do it .

• awwwwww that's so cute I been trying to get my boyfriend to let me do it & he won't he thinks that's gay but for us gurls it ain't its pretty cute.& if you sure of what you like forget what other ppls think.

• NO WAY.It's just NOT very manly!

• thats cute, I ask my friend but he won't let me lol.i really like him so she likes you but that's ur girlfriend do clear coat or just this time let her.an tell her you want to do somtin to her first.

• gay. but since your girlfriend asked you to I guess its ok.

• Sure, why not? I mean, what is 'gay' about nail polish? Besides, if you think it looks hot (and I do think that about some guys wearing it), what's the harm? Besides, you might just be onto something!

• I agree that there's nothing 'gay'... perhaps it is a little femdom / submissive, but that's kind of kinky... I would certainly do anything that asked... well, almost anything...

• uhm, clear is the only exception. but ONLY if ou have really gross toenails and clear makes them look better. AND no one can tell you are wearing any.other than thatgayy

• gay

• gay

What Guys Said 18

• If you are 25-29, that's gay.If you are 18 and younger, it's okay because it's still part of your youth experimenting days.Tell your girl to fart in public.

• gay, but you can hide it, just avoid sandals, and stock up on workboots! LOL

• gay sorry dude but she was using you as practice lol at least you have that memory to look back on.

• Why would she ask you to do that is what I'd like to know. Is she just seeing how far she's got you wrapped around her little finger?

• How is that okay? That's for girls only.not even gay guys

• I wear it myself. It started 3 years ago when my (then) girlfriend was timid about getting a pedicure. I "tested" the waters for her and now I'm hooked. My feet have never known such an incredible feeling in my life and a side benefit is my toes can be any color imaginable. I'm not scared to rock pink toes in public. My (now) wife thinks I look better in nail polish than she does!If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Paint isn't gay. A man, making love to another man, is gay.

• Not gay. Shows self confidence. Go for it! Easy way to get your hand on a girls thigh without getting slapped!

• ok

• It's ok. Why not? You girlfriend wants you to do it. I assume you're secure in your sexuality, plus, who's going to know? Do it, satisfy her burning desire to see you in nail polish and then she'll be happy. Who says you have to abide by socially established gender rules?

• Why does it matter what anyone thinks? Your masculinity and sexual orientation is YOURS to define, not society's - and if you choose to define them in terms of what really matters to each, instead of accepting some stupid societal rule that has nothing to do with either, that's your choice. My point is, if you are comfortable with who you are, the polish won't change that.If you ARE gay, then this - and everything else you do - IS gay, because a gay man is doing it.If you are NOT gay, then polished toes won't make you gay, and it won't BE gay on you, because you are not gay.Will some people THINK it's gay? Sure. SO WHAT? Why do you care if some intolerant, prejudiced, homophobic, timid follower of "the HERD's" rules, makes the wrong guess about your sexuality? Those are people too afraid to ever stand out or rise above the crowd... so insecure about themselves that they must pass judgment on anyone confident enough to defy the herd mentality, because their self esteem comes from being able to tell themselves "I'm the best damn sheep in the flock!" Do you REALLY care what those people think? How much of your life do you want to sacrifice to their expectations. They aren't happy - you can't make them happy by conforming - so forget the bleating from the herd.Women - like your girlfriend - find confidence to be very sexy... and confident defiance of societal oppression is very masculine!It's YOUR life... live it YOUR WAY!

• Dont do that it doesn't look right on a male. I don't know why males even do it !

• u know what I love painting my nails and I am straight mabe bi but that's not the point... I avoided nail polish for ever naw I love it its so nice to have pritty nails some times and you know what I went to school work every were hell I still hit on chcks with my nails painted lime green and pink ... I agea wth the girls try it you might like it ...its fun I had a girl freind that liked it I did her nails and she did mine... a man can still be tuff and manly thatshis personality not what he dresses like because I right brutal horror stories and love death metal but I like haveing my nails pritty and stuff once in a weil but I paint my nails a lot its fun

• In fact. 99% of gay men don't wear nail polish on their toes. So maybe it's not gay, but so unnatural to everyone and percieved as feminine that you call it gay. If you're secure about not being gay, or not caring if you are, or wha people think, then maybe you wouldn't you wouldn't have to ask this question...

• Depends on the reason why she wants you to try it. If she thinks it will look good on you, then go for it (could be fun)! If she's trying to 'make you up' like her girlfriend, then RUN!Actually, colors like gray, black, dark green, dark blue and silver work pretty well for guys' feet. It has to be done well though, because if it's just sloshed on, it's not going to look good - even if she was polishing her own. I suggest getting a pedicure first, then the color will only add to the look.BTW, there are many more men who wear their toes polished than you would ever think. Most of them wear it privately only, but it is becoming more common to see guys wearing it openly now because the stigma or stereotype of it being 'gay' has been pretty much debunked (gays simply don't do this).

• Its NOT a gay thing @ all Its a personal choice! So if society stops putting labels on everything & everyone then this world would be a hole lot better place to live in! & for the people that label this is being gay NEED to go back to English class & figure out what the difference is!

• Do you really have to ask this? Totally gay.

• If you're asking if it's gay, then ask a gay guy. Gay guys don't wear nail polish. And who gives a sh*t anyway. I think it looks cool on me, and I'm not gay. But that's not what matters anyway.

• OK now I am p*ssed at this topic if you look at the meaning of gay which has been used the wrong way! it is to have feelings for a man! besides do it man you might actually enjoy the attention you may get take this from me I did the same thing but instead of toes it was fingers and it was at school! I never got any crap from it because of my girlfriend so do it and have fun :D