Is sexual Fidelity an absolute necessity in a good marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

• not for all mariages. there are some open marriages that are doig just fine with the way they have things worked out for them. but its not for everybody. as long as the two spouses are 100% honest and open and understand and agreeable, then they should be happy. as long as its just sex and no feelings for other people, i guess.

Most Helpful Guy

• Fidelity is necessary for most healthy marriages. Some couples can agree on an "open marriage" allowing for sex outside marriage and make it work.

What Girls Said 4

• Unless it's an open marriage then yes, sexual fidelity is an absolute necessity. Cheating is not okay with most people and I personally would never want to be with someone who would cheat or think it's okay to not be faithful to me.

• Many people enjoy their relationship without being each others' only partners, so no, it's not a necessity to everyone.

• I'd say yes, but I hear a lot of older people (well not the majority, but a good number of older people - 40 and up) say that it isn't. O. o
    I don't understand it, but that's what they claim works for them.

• Unless the other partner also wants sex outside of marriage, I don't see how it could be right.

What Guys Said 0