• Ask
  • myTake

My boyfriend doesn't spend money on me, instead wants me to do it.

Whenever we go out, whether it be movie, lunch or any other place, it is me who pays the bills or buys the tickets.1 out of 10 times he does it. he is in another city for studies and comes to our city sometimes.(his hometown and mine as well). So ours is a kind of long distance relationship. we have to make STD calls. He always wants me to call him and he never calls me. If he does it is me who gets his phone recharged. if I spent 500rupees on calling him, he spends 100rupees.I have given him a lot many gifts till now, but he has given me only 3-4 and that too of the total of not more than 1500 rupees. (Indian).When he is in another city he asks me too call him and when I ask y doesn't he call, he says he doesn't have money.He asks me to send him money as he claims that he don't have enough money for his expenditure. In starting I did send him money. Once I sent 600, once 500, once 200 and once 300. but after that I stopped sending him.( I am also a student like him, and we both don't have any earnings. we are dependent on what we get from our parents, I cut from my needs and pay the bills and call him and send him money)He lives alone in that city and I live with my parents. So it is comparatively easier to manage money by compensating for those who live in hotel or alone.He goes out with his friends for movies and restaurants (sometimes). Buys nice clothes and other things for himself. from where do he get the money for all this when he don't have for me. he sometimes smokes and drinks, where from he get the money, I don't understand.i have sometimes indicated him that he should pay the bill sometimes and all. Also told him directly that you get the phone recharged and call me, I am not going to do it, then he says, how will he do when he don't have money and says that I am talking cheap and being money-minded.I don't want him to give me lavish gifts and take me for lunch to five star hotels, but I just want to feel like a girlfriend because I have heard that boys do this for girls.I don't want him to do all the expenditures bu at least something.

..

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• That sounds like a total use of your love. (sorry about that)I don't know how is the relation, but you never mentioned anything about having fun with him, or enjoying something.Only money money money, first of all. You don't need to spend money AT ALL. There are plenty of ways to enjoy time without going to a movie, restaurant, or always to buy presents.I can't even believe that he enjoys getting money from you. Try to pass time with him without using money, like going to a park or doing some home activity.If he doesn't like it, he doesn't like you, but your money.

What Guys Said 1

• I would just dump the loser, he's using you and you don't deserve that. You sound like a nice girl but don't be the girl that gets played, if he really loved you he would call you and he would work his hardest to make it on his own and be able to give you nice things, I know if I'm with a girl I care about I can't wait to be able to talk to her, do what ever it takes to bring a smile to her face, I'm also in college so I know money can be tight but I still wouldn't let my girl pay for everything or most things, I know I can't take her to a 5 star restaurant but I can cook a dinner that seems like it came from one, I just think you need to evaluate your relationship and see if he actually loves you or the fact that you flip his bills

• Thanks for all the answers guys.But dumping him doesn't seem easy. It wil definitely be difficult for me, but even if I do it, he will text me the next day and say I have been drinking and drinking since yesterday and vomitting continuously. and I will patch up with him again. This has happened a lot many times earlier.

What Girls Said 1

• Sending him money is pretty dumb. I'd stop that right away.But as for spending money on you, I wouldn't expect my boyfriend to do that. I'm a student too, and know how tough it can be financially. You should each pay your own ways. If you go to the cinema, buy your own tickets. Buy your own drinks. That is the only fair way.My boyfriend is already out of uni and is earning, so I don't feel so bad when he buys me stuff (as in the occasional meal, drinks if we go out etc). But once I get out of uni and start earning, I'll pay my own way.Definitely don't give him money though.