What is a Brony?

What is a Brony?

First off, what is a brony?

A brony is an adult male (or female) who enjoys the cartoon My Little Pony. The brony community is very large and growing in numbers every day.

So, why do so many people like this show about rainbow colored ponies?

Well, because it's a show about magic rainbow colored ponies. It is also very entertaining and interesting. It discusses topics even adults face, and the happy colorful magic of the cartoon pulls in the viewer. The charectots are personable and the episodes (most of them anyway) are very well written.

The show My Little pony encourages friendship, love, toleration, care, and it is all around good.

There are many different types of bronies, just like in any other fandom.

Types of bronies:

Casual bronies: These are the bronies that just watch the show but dont let it effect their outside lives.

Obsessed bronies: These are the bronies who are truly in love with the show. They own toys, t-shirts, Merch, and have episodes memorized. Everything is ponies. (and that's not a bad thing.)

Artistic bronies: These are the fans that make the art. If it's with pencil, pen, digital, paint, music, animation, fanfics, or any other artistic outlet. They are truly fantastic at what they do and love the show.

Forum bronies: These bronies discuss the show. On forums, youtube, or where ever else. They know all the info about the show. Looking deep into the episode story lines.

Clop bronies: These bronies live in the darkside of the fandom. They look at the Clop or porn of the fandom. These are the bronies we don't talk about.

There are so many different types of bronies. I believe it is truly a loving and accepting group of people. I know a lot of people find it weird or creepy but I don't think it is.

Dont judge it before you watch it. :) go watch my little pony today!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

• My sis loves mlp

• If a guy tell me he's a 'brony', I lose all respect for him instantly.

• so basically those weirdos i keep seeing on youtube are perverted trolls

• img1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...x398-262355-535.jpg

Seriously some plebs can not deal with the fact, that I am a brony. They have got the urge to hate on me xD They keep crying about it and rage and shout and write hate comments. Well, I'm still far better than hating and haters :) :)

Anyway MLP is a very amazing show. I can't wait for season 5 :D I totally love MLP:FiM and am really obsessed with it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My favourite pony is
    http://i.imgur.com/CHZGxXD.gif
    Haters gonna hate. Ponies gonna pony.

• I swear that 5 years ago the show was just like any other boring kids show. But now it has more "mature" or relevant humor, and I think that's where the bronies came from.

But why do they have to label themselves as bronies? I watch South Park, that doesn't mean I'm a South Parkian or something...

• All Fandom have a name for people who are fans of the show/book/movie/etc. Bronies are just one example there are also whovians, Potter heads, homestuck trash, etc.

• great mytake i wanna be first

What Girls Said 5

• 1|0
  • I love MLP! It's so awesome! Great take! :D

• A weird friend of mine tried explaining it to me. The ones that want to have sex with real horses are disgusting.

• The only kid shows I watch is Simpsons every now and then and Futurama (well that is really designed for teenagers). I don't think a grown man should watch horses.

• I love this myTake. I'm a brony/pegasister myself and I hate it when people think we're creeps because of it. Sure there's that dark part of the fandom that even I wouldn't delve into, but the rest of us are fine.