Giving Up is Not the Answer

Giving Up is Not the Answer

I'm sure majority of people out there, in one way or another, have given up in their lifetime. I've lived almost nineteen years, and I've given up more times then I can found on my fingers. The point of this take is not to discourage you or make you feel worthless if you have given up before. It's to encourage you to change the attitude of giving up, to motivate, so that you can reach for what you want and not give up in the future. It'll be hard, my god, will it be hard. But worth every moment. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you are ready to give up.

1. Keep Persisting

Be determined to reach that goal, to stick with it, persistence is the key. Without it, we can't get anywhere. Learn persistence, build on it.

2. Remember the Reason

During hard or trial times it's hard to remember why you're even trying. You lose focus on what you want, you feel the bad impacts too much of the good, and it is now seemingly useless. Any good reason is lost. Before giving up though, try and remember those reasons. Is it to make yourself happy? Is it to prove you can finish something? Is it improve yourself? Maybe it's for your family or friends? Just remember the reason you began trying, and don't give up so easily. It's the moments we fight, that define our outcome.

3. Accept Nothing comes Easily

Anything worth fighting for will be a struggle. You need to accept that we have to struggle for what we want. That's what makes it so special. By giving up, you are giving up that special thing you've already fought so hard to get. Why give up now? Be courageous, take risks, and keep your head held high! You can do it, if you put your mind to it. So....

Good luck, I believe in you, now it's your turn to believe in yourself. ❤️

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

• It makes me think of this song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q3BtIaB2Hc

When they get to the US surrender it makes it perfectly clear that they are being sarcastic.

• Well I like the idea of the hammock, but the rest totally opposite of this take 😅 but it's catchy

• Lol this song is everything wrong with the world lol ( jk )

• A good mytake, a lot of valid points.

• So a burned fac dude with no arms and legs should never give up? What about a dude born without skin?

It's so easy for us normal people to say never give up. We live the easy life lmao.

• That was Japan's approach during WWII. Then they got nuked. Twice.

Aren't we all glad they gave up?

• even when things seem hopeless there is still hope !

(Hope)-less

• I forgot this bit i did a take a while back on discalculia and one thing I put in there was a video and a line in it was "We don't do something because its Hard we do it because we can"

• Well put and very true!

• A very thoughtful discourse on the necessity of persistence.

Sun Tzu said

"To see victory only when it is within the ken of the common herd is not the acme of excellence. Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

What Girls Said 1