Be yourself! Inspiring quotes!

Be yourself! Inspiring quotes!

Be yourself! The most given advice in the history of advice giving probably. Go to library and you will find many books with this subject, so it is something that a lot of people intrest.

Being yourself is important to be/stay happy in life, that is a short summary of what these books will learn you. The following quotes about being yourself hopefully will inspire you to be indeed yourself.

1) Be Yourself, everyone else is already taken. – Oscar Wilde

2) I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet. – Mahatma Gandhi

3) I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself. – Rita Mae Brown

4) If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else? – RuPaul

5) Fashion is what you adopt when you don’t know who you are. – Quentin Crisp

6) Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. – Oscar Wilde

7) Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs

8) You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years

And get pats on the back as you pass

But your final reward will be heartaches and tears

If you’ve cheated the guy in the glass – Dale Wimbrow

9) Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. ― Bernard M. Baruch

10) Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. ― Marilyn Monroe

11) If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it. ― Frank Zappa

12) When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” ― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

13) Be yourself- not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be.” ― Henry David Thoreau

14) The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don’t let them put you in that position.” ― Leo Buscaglia

15) Let others determine your worth and you’re already lost, because no one wants people worth more than themselves.” ― Peter V. Brett

16) Imitation is suicide. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

17) Strive to become the best version of you instead of the best copy of someone else’s life.” ― Edmond Mbiaka,

18) Don’t compromise even if it hurts to be yourself. – Toby Keith

19) I’ve finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be? – Goldie Hawn

20) To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. – E.E. Cummings

vekin is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 2

• I would like to add be who you want to be. Don't let anyone tell you can't be this or that. You can recreate yourself and still be you.

• Number 16, woah! Couldn't be any more true.

What Guys Said 5

• I wanted to add another.
    smrt.ccel.ca/.../...e-who-matter-dont-mind-Dr.jpeg

Also someone on GAG introduced me to this song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve1rjZ9aOsI

• I like those quotes - I often quote the first Oscar Wilde quote about everyone else been already taken, of the others I really like Henry David Thoreau's "Be yourself- not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be"

• Myself is very anti-social and naturally violent. So "just being yourself" isn't for everybody.

• Well unless ur a nice guy... then you either have to a) change, or b) be content with mediocrity and no sex.

• be your self , no matter what they say ;p ( Sting)