Facts about blondes

Facts about blondes

After that one myTake I saw it made me sad about being a blond(e). Yes I am a natural blond(e). Though now it's become a dark blond(e). Which I am sad about but not much I can do about the gentics part of it. So I've looked up some interesting facts about blondes. There will be no hating and only facts. Which these facts really surprised me some.

Dumb blond(e) joke

Research has found that the first dumb blond(e) joke. Happened in the late 18th centurary in paris. The lady that had started it all was French courtesan Rosalie Duthe. Catherine-Rosalie Gerard Duthé

Elvis Presley was born a blond(e)

Yes you read that right. Elvis was born as a blond(e) but as he aged his hair turned darker and more of a brown. Then in his teen years he started to color it black. Did Elvis Presley naturally have black hair?

Marie Curie had blond(e) hair

Yes the first woman to win a Nobel Prize had blond(e) hair. So she was one of the smartest blondes it seems. http://www.biography.com/people/marie-curie-9263538

Blonde women have more Estrogen

Research has discovred that blondes end up having higher estrogen levels. Than women with darker hair. This was the best fact link I could find talking about it. :( http://www.streetdirectory.com/etoday/do-men-like-blondes-loljp.html

Being naturally blond(e) doesn't last forever

When I was a kid I had light blond(e) hair.As i aged it became darker. Now I think it's become a light brown which makes me sad. I miss the golden blond(e) color. :( Though this happens to a lot of people. Approximately 2% of the world's population has adults with natural blond(e) hair. Thanks to thanks to rising levels of eumelanin. That is what causes blonde hair to turn darker and become another color. Why Do Some Blond Kids Go Dark?

A tiny genetic mutation causes blond(e) hair

Studies have found that a tiny change in your DNA genes. Are what cause people to have blond(e) to begin with. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/06/140601-blond-hair-color-gene-mutation-science/

Men tend to help blondes more

In a study done by some french scientists. They did a test with with wearing wigs of different colors. They would drop a glove on the ground and see if a man will pick it up. That or tell them they dropped something. Apparently guys would help out the blondes more often than the others. Though don't let that get you down if your not a blond(e). The grass isn't always green for them. http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/hair-color-makes-you-horny

Blond(e) hair can sometimes cause men to be dumb

This was a pretty interesting study. That during it they had guys seeing a picture of a blond(e) haired woman. After that they would give them a test. It seems that the men would score worse after seeing a picture of a blond(e). Verses if they were showed a picture of brunettes and redheads. So it seems the stereotype for dumb blondes really get to others. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-494787/Why-blondes-make-men-act-dumb.html

I hope you enjoyed seeing all those facts. Still all colors look awesome but it is ashame that blondes are so looked down on. :( Though what can you do since people are people. Still appreciate all hair colors on every gender. Since each one is different and amazing.

Mustachekitteh is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 31

• I love how you supported everything you said. more takes should be written like this

• It wasn't easy trying to make sure some of them weren't just some false statement. My google-fu isn't the greatest so I tried to find websites that explained it the best.

• you did well.

one question--what causes physical traits to change? I was born with blue eyes and they turned hazel when i was 4 years old... not joking i show people pics and they can't believe it lol

• Well with blonde hair it's due to rising levels of eumelanin. With eyes I'm not sure but from what i'm looking up right now. It's saying that in 10 to 15% of people with light eye colors. Those tend to change as they age as well. Apparently it's due to the number of melanin you have in your eyes.

articles.philly.com/.../32509150_1_oxygen-eye-disease-blue-eyes

• I already knew about the blonde hair being a genetic mutation. That's interesting though those are some cool facts also I am not surprised people are do prejudice of blonde people. I mean you get labeled and criticized by everything in society you even get judged based off your fucking clothes jeez people are lame you even get labeled for wearing certain socks what the fuck? 99% of people on this Earth are retarded and most people who reproduce are stupid and or poor. Smart people usually only have like one or two kids.

• Blonde 3, 4, 5, 7 is nice

• Yup blond men untie!

• Blond (e) hair can sometimes cause men to be dumb>>>hahaha
    maybe because her stunning beauty paralyze our brains ;)

• I love blondes who are voluptuous... wow

• If only 2% of the world of adults have blond hair that must mean about 40% of women who used to be blonde dye their hair now.

And all the "men's weakness for blonds" stuff makes since if blondes have more estrogen, because that makes them more feminine, which is usually more desirable just by nature.

Cool.
    P. S. My crush is a #4 blonde on that picture

• So you're a natural blonde? Post a pic that proves it...

• I was born a towhead with brown eyes, and as I got older my hair turned dark brown and my eyes turned green.

Genetics.. how do they work.

• Interesting, but I always prefer redheads.

• Interesting take. I remember I had blonde hair, and look at me now!

• Blondes are hot, soo f*ck all the haters!

Redheads, Brunettes & Black hair chicks are hot too by the way. All depends how they treat their hair. If it's clean and beautiful 😍😍😍

• i love blonde hair all my girlfriends have been blondes. girlfriends are like 10% of my sexual life but still. and im blond too.

• I like blondes, they are my favorites ;)

• My best friend (girl) is a blonde :)

We met in junior school and remained in the same class throughout school and into university. I guess we are like peas and carrots. I've always marveled at her hair. She is also very smart but so POLITE. I think i miss her :( now

• scandi plat or gtfo

• most of them are fake blondes

• Nothing wrong with any of this.

JUST STOP CALLING WOMEN WHO BLEACH THEIR HAIR PLATINUM WHITE "BLONDE"! We need a new name for it, like "whore hair" or something.

• Is #5 strawberry blonde?

• I would assume so since it's a reddish blonde. Though there are way more shades of blonde than just in that picture.

• So blond people are mutants? Like the X-Men?
    1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/.../...122b3b0f37ab1b.gif

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 23

• ... guess as a blue-eyed, naturally blond-haired girl, I'm just a walking mutation. :P

• lol There are a lot of mutations. Which i'm curious on what all is a mutation that seems normal. I'll look that up later

• Very cool take!
    I had blonde, curly hair when I was little... Now I have pin straight light brown hair... xD

• I really want to know that first joke XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD someone, please?

• it's sad that so many blondes lose the light blonde colour they were born with. my dad's family is full of blondes.

• Fun fact: Blonde hair only exists today because back in ancient history, blonde women were kept as sex slaves for men that wanted blonde offspring.

• This is so cute lol i love it

• You made a take to recompense your self-esteem for feeling ashamed of being blonde.

• Nope because since my hair color changed as I got older i'm no longer a blonde. Plus that's stupid to be ashamed of a hair color. You can dislike the color but being ashamed of it doesn't make any sense. Unless you made your hair look like some kind of clown hair.

So anyone to see my hair they wouldn't think I was a blonde. Since it's neither blonde nor brunette. Plus I would honestly hate to be a brunette since I rather look different than my brother and sister.

• WOO GO NATURAL BLONDES!!

• I love this😂... well done

• I don't believe women with blonde hair have higher estrogen levels, mostly due to the fact that your "source" is a blog post referencing "scientists".

• I've always found having blonde hair a fun part of being me. So many girls would love blonde curls if they were born with them too. I don't think I got any more attention than my non-blonde counterparts, if you're attractive it doesn't matter what your hair color is. I'm a shade no. 2, it's darkened from an almost bright white blonde all over.

• A girl is a lot more than a hair color.. and when a guy likes a girl hair color doesn't matter..
    And something I noticed.. that I always see blondes posting stuff like this.. 😕 blonde hair is beautiful. I don't know why you think about it too much.

• It's more like this one post about blondes I saw the other day. A LOT of people were saying some pretty bad things about them. Though I know they mostly said the nasty things due to the my take sounding stuck up. Still even then that was kind of harsh how a lot of people put it. :(

• Well fuck'em you don't need to justify something. And waste your brain cells over this

• i dont understand why you hate being blond? i have naturally dirty blond hair and dye it lighter because i love blond hair! who cares about the stereotypes and statistics, its just a hair color. it doesn't mean that people will automatically think your stupid, and each guy has his own preference when it comes to hair color damn not every guy (or girl) is the same.

• My hair is actually naturally blonde :) I have high estrogen levels. I'm very curvy and busty. Guys act pretty stupid around me. Most of the time it's pretty creepy. I have a high IQ and I get pretty annoyed by things dumb people do and say

• Honestly, I didn't know hair color really mattered this much.

• My cousins had blonde hair as babies and now they have almost black hair.

• Blondes are so lucky, guys always prefer them...

• Yeah but it's also proven that guys would rather marry brunettes.

• Yeah, I agree

• I love redheads blondes brunettes and black hair chicks! They all are very sexy in different ways ;)

• Another fact, the Melanesian people of New Guinea commonly have blond hair. As well as Australian Aborigines. For the Melanesian people, the mutated gene that causs blond hair is different than that in Caucasians. Here's a link to some information about human hair, including some about blondes. listverse.com/.../

• Most of the links you posted are random stuff you found online non of them link to any of studies, research, or numerical data of these so called facts.

• Does this mean I can't dumb blonde jokes anymore? Eh. Doesn't really matter. They never get them anyways haha jk

• More from Girls
    3