Facts about blondes

Facts about blondes

After that one myTake I saw it made me sad about being a blond(e). Yes I am a natural blond(e). Though now it's become a dark blond(e). Which I am sad about but not much I can do about the gentics part of it. So I've looked up some interesting facts about blondes. There will be no hating and only facts. Which these facts really surprised me some.

Dumb blond(e) joke

Research has found that the first dumb blond(e) joke. Happened in the late 18th centurary in paris. The lady that had started it all was French courtesan Rosalie Duthe. Catherine-Rosalie Gerard Duthé

Elvis Presley was born a blond(e)

Yes you read that right. Elvis was born as a blond(e) but as he aged his hair turned darker and more of a brown. Then in his teen years he started to color it black. Did Elvis Presley naturally have black hair?

Marie Curie had blond(e) hair

Yes the first woman to win a Nobel Prize had blond(e) hair. So she was one of the smartest blondes it seems. http://www.biography.com/people/marie-curie-9263538

Blonde women have more Estrogen

Research has discovred that blondes end up having higher estrogen levels. Than women with darker hair. This was the best fact link I could find talking about it. :( http://www.streetdirectory.com/etoday/do-men-like-blondes-loljp.html

Being naturally blond(e) doesn't last forever

When I was a kid I had light blond(e) hair.As i aged it became darker. Now I think it's become a light brown which makes me sad. I miss the golden blond(e) color. :( Though this happens to a lot of people. Approximately 2% of the world's population has adults with natural blond(e) hair. Thanks to thanks to rising levels of eumelanin. That is what causes blonde hair to turn darker and become another color. Why Do Some Blond Kids Go Dark?

A tiny genetic mutation causes blond(e) hair

Studies have found that a tiny change in your DNA genes. Are what cause people to have blond(e) to begin with. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/06/140601-blond-hair-color-gene-mutation-science/

Men tend to help blondes more

In a study done by some french scientists. They did a test with with wearing wigs of different colors. They would drop a glove on the ground and see if a man will pick it up. That or tell them they dropped something. Apparently guys would help out the blondes more often than the others. Though don't let that get you down if your not a blond(e). The grass isn't always green for them. http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/hair-color-makes-you-horny

Blond(e) hair can sometimes cause men to be dumb

This was a pretty interesting study. That during it they had guys seeing a picture of a blond(e) haired woman. After that they would give them a test. It seems that the men would score worse after seeing a picture of a blond(e). Verses if they were showed a picture of brunettes and redheads. So it seems the stereotype for dumb blondes really get to others. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-494787/Why-blondes-make-men-act-dumb.html

I hope you enjoyed seeing all those facts. Still all colors look awesome but it is ashame that blondes are so looked down on. :( Though what can you do since people are people. Still appreciate all hair colors on every gender. Since each one is different and amazing.

Mustachekitteh is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I love how you supported everything you said. more takes should be written like this

• It wasn't easy trying to make sure some of them weren't just some false statement. My google-fu isn't the greatest so I tried to find websites that explained it the best.

• you did well.

one question--what causes physical traits to change? I was born with blue eyes and they turned hazel when i was 4 years old... not joking i show people pics and they can't believe it lol

• Well with blonde hair it's due to rising levels of eumelanin. With eyes I'm not sure but from what i'm looking up right now. It's saying that in 10 to 15% of people with light eye colors. Those tend to change as they age as well. Apparently it's due to the number of melanin you have in your eyes.

articles.philly.com/.../32509150_1_oxygen-eye-disease-blue-eyes

Most Helpful Girl

• Another fact, the Melanesian people of New Guinea commonly have blond hair. As well as Australian Aborigines. For the Melanesian people, the mutated gene that causs blond hair is different than that in Caucasians. Here's a link to some information about human hair, including some about blondes. listverse.com/.../

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 30

• If only 2% of the world of adults have blond hair that must mean about 40% of women who used to be blonde dye their hair now.

And all the "men's weakness for blonds" stuff makes since if blondes have more estrogen, because that makes them more feminine, which is usually more desirable just by nature.

Cool.
    P. S. My crush is a #4 blonde on that picture

• Another battle of blonds versus brunettes. When a girl's fine she's fine no matter what color her hair is she's still fine and when she's smart she's smart, true story.

• Why do people keep assuming that another battle between those colors? This is just about some facts about the blonde hair color.

Though I should have also added marilyn Monroe wasn't a natural blonde. She had naturally curly brunette hair. Though they made her a blonde thinking she would sell better that way.

• Thanks you are so right! My mom dad grandma and gram pa's were sharp all the way up until the passed away.

• Blond (e) hair can sometimes cause men to be dumb>>>hahaha
    maybe because her stunning beauty paralyze our brains ;)

• Did u know blondes were actually are 100,000% more likely to turn into a giant fire breathing monster than brunettes r?

• So blond people are mutants? Like the X-Men?
    1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/.../...122b3b0f37ab1b.gif

• Interesting, but I always prefer redheads.

• Seeing an attractive woman has been shown to reduce the blood flow in the male brain. So your last point might be evidence that men really are more attracted to blondes.

• Actually it said the main reason. Was due to seeing a blonde and it made them think about the dumb blonde stereotype. So then they ended up coping it subconsciously.

• @Mekkalyn It's fine. I am sorry if I wasn't clear before. I just don't know anyone that actually thinks blondes are stupid. The jokes just hurt their self esteem.

• I mean, obviously there will be some blondes that ARE stupid, which just furthers the blonde jokes.
      But I don't think people entirely realize that it's true of ALL hair colors lol

• I was a towhead. Then a blonde. Now I'm a dark blonde/almost a light brown. I bet the 2% of adult natural blondes have freckles. That's what I've noticed anyway.

• They must have more noticeable freckles like how red heads tend to do. Though my feckless didn't mean I got to keep my light blonde. :(

• SO true! You are an interesting intelligent blondie

• Yup blond men untie!

• I was born a towhead with brown eyes, and as I got older my hair turned dark brown and my eyes turned green.

Genetics.. how do they work.

• I still have my blonde hair after 30 years. It started out as a sheer white, yet it has gotten darker over time.

• I already knew about the blonde hair being a genetic mutation. That's interesting though those are some cool facts also I am not surprised people are do prejudice of blonde people. I mean you get labeled and criticized by everything in society you even get judged based off your fucking clothes jeez people are lame you even get labeled for wearing certain socks what the fuck? 99% of people on this Earth are retarded and most people who reproduce are stupid and or poor. Smart people usually only have like one or two kids.

• I love blondes who are voluptuous... wow

• Blondes are hot, soo f*ck all the haters!

Redheads, Brunettes & Black hair chicks are hot too by the way. All depends how they treat their hair. If it's clean and beautiful 😍😍😍

• most of them are fake blondes

• Interesting take. I remember I had blonde hair, and look at me now!

• Is #5 strawberry blonde?

• I would assume so since it's a reddish blonde. Though there are way more shades of blonde than just in that picture.

• Don't forget James Blonde!

• scandi plat or gtfo

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 22

• I've always found having blonde hair a fun part of being me. So many girls would love blonde curls if they were born with them too. I don't think I got any more attention than my non-blonde counterparts, if you're attractive it doesn't matter what your hair color is. I'm a shade no. 2, it's darkened from an almost bright white blonde all over.

• A girl is a lot more than a hair color.. and when a guy likes a girl hair color doesn't matter..
    And something I noticed.. that I always see blondes posting stuff like this.. 😕 blonde hair is beautiful. I don't know why you think about it too much.

• It's more like this one post about blondes I saw the other day. A LOT of people were saying some pretty bad things about them. Though I know they mostly said the nasty things due to the my take sounding stuck up. Still even then that was kind of harsh how a lot of people put it. :(

• Well fuck'em you don't need to justify something. And waste your brain cells over this

• Does this mean I can't dumb blonde jokes anymore? Eh. Doesn't really matter. They never get them anyways haha jk

• ... guess as a blue-eyed, naturally blond-haired girl, I'm just a walking mutation. :P

• lol There are a lot of mutations. Which i'm curious on what all is a mutation that seems normal. I'll look that up later

• Very cool take!
    I had blonde, curly hair when I was little... Now I have pin straight light brown hair... xD

• My hair is actually naturally blonde :) I have high estrogen levels. I'm very curvy and busty. Guys act pretty stupid around me. Most of the time it's pretty creepy. I have a high IQ and I get pretty annoyed by things dumb people do and say

• I love this take. Thank you for writing it. I think you got the same frustrations like I had. In that one take people saying blonde girls were all sluts, dumb and easy. I was just so confused how people could justify that all.
    I'm also a natural blonde, although I will probably stay blonde since I'm almost 19 and still have light blonde hair.

• I really want to know that first joke XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD someone, please?

• My cousins had blonde hair as babies and now they have almost black hair.

• @OrdinaryGentleman look, your babies!

Interesting MyTake

• I love this😂... well done

• it's sad that so many blondes lose the light blonde colour they were born with. my dad's family is full of blondes.

• Most of the links you posted are random stuff you found online non of them link to any of studies, research, or numerical data of these so called facts.

• WOO GO NATURAL BLONDES!!

• Blondes are so lucky, guys always prefer them...

• Yeah but it's also proven that guys would rather marry brunettes.

• Yeah, I agree

• I love redheads blondes brunettes and black hair chicks! They all are very sexy in different ways ;)

• i dont understand why you hate being blond? i have naturally dirty blond hair and dye it lighter because i love blond hair! who cares about the stereotypes and statistics, its just a hair color. it doesn't mean that people will automatically think your stupid, and each guy has his own preference when it comes to hair color damn not every guy (or girl) is the same.

• This is so cute lol i love it

• Mostly stereotypes and stupid research

• Honestly, I didn't know hair color really mattered this much.

• You made a take to recompense your self-esteem for feeling ashamed of being blonde.

• Nope because since my hair color changed as I got older i'm no longer a blonde. Plus that's stupid to be ashamed of a hair color. You can dislike the color but being ashamed of it doesn't make any sense. Unless you made your hair look like some kind of clown hair.

So anyone to see my hair they wouldn't think I was a blonde. Since it's neither blonde nor brunette. Plus I would honestly hate to be a brunette since I rather look different than my brother and sister.

• More from Girls
    2