Pros & Cons Of Living The Country Life

Note: By country I do not mean the United States of America (or whatever country you may live in) I mean the "country" as in farmland.

As someone who has always lived in the country I have found things that I do and don't like. Here's a list of them.

Pros & Cons Of Living The Country Life

Con: The Distance

Distance is bad for a number of reasons. You don't want to be too far from family and friends, you don't want to wait long for services, and it's a pain to take a thirty minute drive just for groceries or a McDonald's.

Pro: No Neighbors

This could be a pro or a con depending on who you are, but in my experience it is definitely a pro.

You can be as loud as you want, and you never have to worry about making a good impression in front of neighbors, because you don't have any!

Of course you may still have neighbors depending on where you live, but chances are they aren't very close to you or it takes a walking distance to get there.

Con: Well Water

Well water isn't from a pump or anything but it's just...disgusting. I can't even own white clothes because our water turns it yellow!

I guess it's better than no water, but I'd take city water in a heartbeat.

Pro: Animals!

Chances are if you live in the country you're bound to see some animals.

Con: Bad Signal

Yes, this is picky but it gets very annoying after awhile trust me.

Pro: You Can Take Nice Walks

A nice stroll or walk in the country is always pleasant and a great way to clear your mind.

Con: Bugs

As as someone who is not a fan of bugs at all living in the country is something that definitely comes with insects and other tiny critters.

Pro: Peace & Quiet

And finally, the peace and quiet. Living in the country is so serene you just love it.

Thanks for reading!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

• Guess it depends on which country/region you're in because where I am, well water is always MUCH better than town or city water. :)

• I grew up in farmland central USA. Let me tell you, it absolutely sucks ass in every way humanly imaginable lmao. City life is a fucking million blowjobs better in lifestyle seriously!

Great take

• Thanks! And yeah I'd have to say I'd rather live in the city.

• Lol matter of opinion.

• I love living in the country, you also forgot about having your own personal paintball arena, hunting, fishing, dirt biking, mudding etc. And all the cool and fun things you can do on a farm or out in the country, especially if you don't live to far from town.

• Have you tried a good water filtration system?

I like the animals 😍👏

There quite a few bugs in the city too.

Another usual pro is cheap! Also you don't have to hear your neighbors dogs, music or smell their cigarettes 😷

• In a lot of country places the water is a lot better than in cities and towns. "Country" doesn't always mean farmland.

• Con, RACISM! The country life is filled with racists and they don't take kindly to browner folk like myself. I've been to the country side and I got jeered at and felt unwanted, so it's the city life for brown men like me.

• That is true. I'm white so I don't have this problem (I'm not a racist myself) but there happen to be a lot of racists. Especially in the South.

• And that's why I am staying away from the countryside because they don't take kindly to brown men like me.

What Girls Said 1

• I would never want to live in a city, at least not for longer than I had to. I would take country life over city life any day. The only con on your list I can agree with is the "bad signal" part and even then, my cell phone signal isn't terrible. I get service, it's only slightly slower than it is when I'm in a city.

I have not had any issues like you described with well water. It tastes fine and it doesn't stain my clothes. The only exception would be when it rains a LOT it can sometimes turn the water a color but it's only temporary and usually goes back to normal after a day or two.

I love my animals, I've been around cows, chickens, dogs, cats, etc. my whole life. I love the peace and quiet of living in the country. I love being able to walk outside at night and hear nothing and being able to see the stars. I don't mind the distance and being far away from town. All in all, I love the farm life.