Quotes From The Quran That Teach Love, Peace and Freedom of Religion

Quotes From The Quran That Teach Love, Peace and Freedom of Religion.

The religion of Islam is based on the teachings of the glorious Quran which came into existence 1400 years back. many people know misconception that Islam is a new religion which came into existence 1400 years ago and prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the founder of this religion in fact Islam is there since man set foot on this earth and prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is not the founder of this religion but he is the last and final messenger of Almighty God.

"And We have sent you to all the men as nothing but a bearer of good news and as a warner, but most men do not know. (Holy Quran: Surah Saba 34:28)

Indeed, the Prophet is a prophet of compassion sent not just for humankind, but for all realms of existence.

"And We have sent you but as a mercy to the worlds." (Holy Quran: Surah Al-Anbya 21:107)

Peace is the cornerstone

The word “Islam” is derived from the word meaning “peace” in Arabic. Islam is a religion revealed to mankind with the intention of presenting a peaceful life where the infinite compassion and mercy of God manifests on earth. God calls all people to live by the moral values He sets so that compassion, mercy, peace and love can be experienced all over the world. Islam according to the Quran teaches love and compassion for every human being, no matter their religion.

“O You who believe! Enter absolutely into peace (Islam). Do not follow in the footsteps of satan. He is an outright enemy to you.” (Holy Quran: Surah Al-Baqarah 2:208)

In the verse above, Islam intrinsically calls for peace and fosters a life in absolute sincerity and honesty before God. Therefore it is vitally important for an individual to believe in God with his own will and aspiration, and observe God’s commands and advice through personal conscientious contentment.

Freedom of religion and thought are paramount

“There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned.” (Holy Quran: Surah Al-Baqarah 2:256)

As stated in the verse, no one can be compelled to live by Islamic morals. Conveying the existence of God and the morals of the Qur’an to other people is a duty for believers, but they call people to the path of God with kindness and love and they never force them. It is only God Who guides people to the right way. This is related in the following verse:

“You cannot guide those you would like to but God guides those He wills. He has best knowledge of the guided.” (Holy Quran: Surah Al-Qasas 28:56)

The Quran provides an environment where people can fully enjoy freedom of thought and freedom of religion and allows people to live by the faith and values they believe in. According to Islam, everyone has the right to live freely by his beliefs, whatever they may be. Anyone who wants to support a church, a synagogue or a mosque must be free to do so. In this sense, freedom of religion, or freedom of belief, is one of the basic tenets of Islam. There is always freedom of religion wherever the moral values of the Qur’an prevail.

That is why Muslims also treat Jews and Christians, described in the Qur’an as “the People of the Book,” with great justice, love and compassion. God says in the Qur’an:

“God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you in the religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just.” (Holy Quran: Surat al-Mumtahana, 8)

Compete with each other in doing good

Muslims who share these basic values believe in the need to act together with Christians and Jews. They therefore strive to eliminate prejudices stemming from provocations by unbelievers and fanatics. Jews, Christians and Muslims should strive together to spread moral virtues across the world.

God explicitly states that the existence of people from different faiths and opinions is something that we have to acknowledge and welcome heartily, for this is how He created and predestined humankind in this world:

“We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you. Had God willed, He would have made you a single community, but He wanted to test you regarding what has come to you. So compete with each other in doing good. Every one of you will return to God and He will inform you regarding the things about which you differed.” (Holy Quran: Surah Al-Ma'idah 5:48)

In acknowledgment of this fact, Muslims have an inner love and compassion for people of all faiths, races and nations, for they consider them as the manifestations of God in this world and treat them with an heartfelt respect and love. This is the very basis of communities administered by Islamic morality.

The values of the Qur’an hold a Muslim responsible for treating all people, whether Muslim or non-Muslim, kindly and justly, protecting the needy and the innocent and “preventing the dissemination of mischief”. Mischief comprises all forms of anarchy and terror that remove security, comfort and peace.

“God does not love corruption”. (Holy Quran: Surah Al-Baqarah 2:205 )

Thank you for reading and please leave comment in the opinions section below.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 3

So long as you ignore the bad parts of your religion and highlight the good parts and follow those, I'm cool with people being Muslims, because they're people first and Muslims second, and I like people😊

BUT, that doesn't mean I have to respect a belief in the supernatural, whether it's haunted houses or invisible sky wizards lol. Sorry, staunch atheist checking in😜

there are no bad parts in Islam. there are bad Muslims and those are the people who do not follow the Islamic teachings yet claim to be a Muslim.

@hellionthesage even though you said that you are not religious you have said a lot of things about religion and I can't reply to everything you said. I don't have time but I just want to tell you that if you have any question about Islam, ask me and if you do not have question then please do not reply to other people's opinions.

if you want to know about the concept of God in major religions please watch the video I have posted in the question (What is God in your religion?) www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2114903-what-is-god-in-your-religion

since the question is closed you can give your opinion here or (www. girlsaskguys. com/.../q2109383-what-are-your-thoughts-on-muslim-in-general) or you can just send me a message.

Yes I have said a lot of things, I have been studying it for over two decades. I will respond to any statements made that I feel are inaccurate or illogical so I don't know what that part was supposed? As for my feelings on muslims its the same as for any one else, some are good people and others are not, the religion does not dictate who they are their actions do. I have several friends who are muslim they are good people, some muslims are not just like every other religious, ideological, or racial group.

I like this take. 😊

Nice Take

What Guys Said 13

4:34 “Men are the managers of the affairs of women for that Allah has preferred in bounty one of them over another, and for that they have expended of their property. Righteous women are therefore obedient, guarding the secret for Allah’s guarding. And those you fear may be rebellious admonish; banish them to their couches, and beat them. If they then obey you, look not for any way against them; Allah is All-high, All-great.”

So that's why Muslims beat the crap out of their women. How cute :3

Check this list for more of these loving verses:
    worldmediamonitoring.com/list-quran-hate-quotes/

Actually the word "ضرب"used now as beat
      But in Quran it was always used as " show"
      Even in places that has nothing to do with women

Read it yourself instead of reading what others think of it
      Listen from Muslims women how they feel instead of listening to others saying what Muslim women feel

@hellionthesage actually in my street, the church block the street when there is festival
      and the mosque is on the other side of the road , and doesn't do that
      on the other hand the church just hanged out a big banner for muslims eid

@Dimmu Well my point was that people focus on one thing, the violence which of course if that is all you focus on and you ignore the more frequent good things and the even more common and frequent neutral then of course ones view is going to be skewed.

Doesn't Muslim mean "God's slave"?

a person who submits his will to Almighty God, he is called as a Muslim.

we will continue this discussion later. I will send you a private message.

Sure thanks for the follow :)

I like your take. Too bad some Muslims and Christians only know about other verses.

those verses are misinterpreted otherwise there is no a single verse against humanity in Quran.

What utter Bollocks. These verses are just against apostates. Not enemies or bad muslims.
      I guess your first defence will be "Out of context!!!".
      Quran (4:89)
      Quran (9:11-12)
      Sahih Bukhari (52:260)
      Sahih Bukhari (83:37)
      Sahih Bukhari (84:57)
      Sahih Bukhari (89:271)
      Sahih Bukhari (84:58)
      Sahih Bukhari (84:64-65)
      Sahih Bukhari (11:626)
      Abu Dawud (4346)
      al-Muwatta of Imam Malik (36.18.15)

the Quran has many beautiful teachings. but sadly there are also negative ones

pretty common in religious text though. the Bible certainly has it's fair share of wonderful messages and lessons but also plenty of really negative things as well

The quran is the solution to human problems and there is no a single verse against humanity in Quran. those negative verses are misinterpreted ones and if explained well anyone with logic will understand.

I have posted 40 minutes video explaining everything Please watch it this is very important video it even answers why I am saying and the negative quotes in the quran.
      Question title: Is Islam The Solution for Humanity

There are beautiful teachings and negative ones.
      Does that imply that it is true or false.

Thank you somali for presenting a wonderful article. The main points I am taking home are speak the truth , Keep a promise , fulfill your trust , avoid sexual immorality , lower your gaze , restrain from injustice. Have faith and love one another. Don't do any evil. Be kind and forgiving. This is a true picture of Islam. People seem to associate terrorism , jihad and mass killing with Islam. And not to forget the divorce law of triple talak. I hope your readers will now see Islam in proper light. Thanks.

Quran (4:89) - "They wish that you should reject faith as they reject faith, and then you would be equal; therefore take not to yourselves friends of them, until they emigrate in the way of God; then, if they turn their backs, take them, and slay them wherever you find them; take not to yourselves any one of them as friend or helper."

Defend that.

After reading this, I am not surprised by the behaviour of the people who behead non-muslims.
    It is obvious why they do it.
    So yeah, Islam is a religion of peace... TO OTHER MUSLIMS ONLY ( if they are the right type of muslim of course).

This is a great myTake. It's one of those things that people like to overlook. Ignore all the hateful comments on this, they truly don't know anything about Islam.

Lol who r u kidding? there no difference between radical and normal muslim

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=huthzhiGj2U

@Dimmu, I appreciate the long explanation and all. But how about this for context. Even better, modern context here.

that's a former priest
      he knows about Christianity more than you do
      https://youtu.be/iHFgcRGIrH0

and the same for evan
      https://youtu.be/IYMKQKSV0bY

these people talk nicely about Christianity , and focus on whats nice about islam
      while if you looked for an ex muslims, you won't find him talking nicely about islam and repeat these false claims and say nothing much about his new religion
      we have one talk about positives stuff in both religions and thee other devoted himself to make something look bad
      each mindset goes to its suitable environment :D
      actually most of western converts are women and priests
      and the more false claims are told , the more people encourage to read about islam and eventually convert
      the thing is they are honest with themselves

Again, I asked you very simple questions and haven't received a very specific answers of you.
      We got muslims here saying they are in favor of death penalty of homosexuals and stoning to people who are adulterers. You claim there's no evidence of this, while I can clearly see at least 30 if not more muslims raising their hands in favor of it. What do you want me to look for, an actual execution of an homosexual? And please do provide your personal opinion if you agree to these punishments and all else as appeares in the coran. You keep going in circles and what I'm asking here is pretty simple. As for christians, you keep bringing them up where I have mentioned or reference anything about Christianity, I'm debating your religion, not theirs at this moment.

Nice take and I hope those members of this religion religion who haven't yet recognize it will recognize this soon too so we can all life in peace with each other.

Nice job ignoring all the violent verses.

there is no violence verses in the quran. there is no a single verse against humanity in the quran.

I will address every issue one by one. stay tuned.

My favourite one is this
    Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

blog.redheart.com/.../Jenny-Marquis-4.jpg
    YAY!

Why you read 8:12
      And not the whole 8 chapter?
      Context

@Dimmu hehe what can I say.. I didn't get time to study coz I was too busy reading Namaz 5 times a day, and the usual.. making bomhs and stuff.

You're right I should had stopped at that verse and asked "what is badr?" (Badr isn't mentioned even once in that whole chapter) but I shoulda still asked that. So what if it isn't mentioned, badr is such a famous word.
      Talk about making sense, take classes in it. You need it brah.

you just read stuff you dont understand and let it go
      it says in English "[It is] just as when your Lord brought you out of your home in truth, while indeed, a party among the believers were unwilling,
      ok, did you understand what is bringing out of your home about?
      what about 8:61 , impress me and tell me how didn't you get it

and yea i asked about your education level , cause there is a correlation between education and accepting islam

Thank you for a lovely take - I have always believed that Islam is a religion of peace - Stay strong real Muslims are getting attacked from both sides.

Awesome take my friend

thank you my friend, I applied that idea we talked about and made this awesome take.

hmm. i know. Awesome job