3 Famous Mexican Ghostly Locations

The dead don't always rest easy south of the border as these famous hauntings will show.

The Island of the Dolls

50 years ago a young girl drowned in the canals this tiny island sits in and the caretaker of the island found her and took it hard. A few days later a doll washed up on the shore and he hung it from a tree. That's when he noticed the dolls started to move its arms and legs. That's when he assumed that the girl wanted more. It wasn't till he had hung dolls all over the island that he realized the girl was possessing the dolls. There they sit even 14 years after the death of the caretaker.

Chichen Itza

This is an ancient Mayan city in the Yucatan. The Mayans really were a violent bunch. Human Sacrifice, Cannibalism, the whole lot. The site is haunted by the ancient ghosts of those that the Mayan's Sacrificed ritually.

Casa Negra (The Black House)

This was the home and kill place of serial killer Tadeo Fulgencío Mejía. The killer consulted a witch who showed him strange rituals involving the bones of his victims. Today the house is haunted by the ghosts of the victims who have not yet come to terms with their violent end.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

You forgot la pascualita. She might be a mannequin that just has an insane amount of details or she could be the owners dead daughters body.
    cdn5.viralscape.com/.../...cualita-Mannequin-2.jpg

• 7d

bravo

Island of the dolls looks terrifying. I feel for the caretaker and the little girl. What they both must have experienced. The girl, how terrifying to be out there with someone and have your life end that way and for the caretaker to have had to find her that way. I hope they both found peace.

Lmao you forgot la llorona

I was going to include her as its easily one of my favorite ghost stories but its more of an urban legend as you can't really find one specific La llorona

What Guys Said 2

That Island of the Dolls are so freaky - It chills me a lot

Cool, even Mexicans have lots of interesting ghostly locations, outstanding Take :D