Walking Dead : A Tribute To The Life With Zombies

Hello GAGers,

So you have a thing for the Walking Dead if you already started reading my take. Or maybe you are already a fan of the show or the comic book or the video games. Because the Walking Dead is a show, is a comic book and is a video game!

For those of you who are already a fan I don't have much to offer, but if you are interested to know more about, please come closer. I will give you a little taste of it.

The Walking Dead TV Series premiered in 2010 on AMC. The show is adapted from an ongoing black-and-white American comic book series created by writer Robert Kirkman and artist Tony Moore. It tells us the adventures of Rick Grimes and the survivers of Zombie Apacolypse.

Zombies, so called "walkers", are in three different groups: walkers, roamers or lurkers. They walk non stop following the sound they forgotten long ago. Story starts with dead people coming back to life as zombies. It brings chaos and there is no cure for the zombies. So people had to fight against them to protect themselves from the zombie attacks.

I personally prefer books to the tv series but all three format has its own success.

I also admire the make up, but who wouldn't, right? The hours actors spend on the make up chair seems to pay off the effort. See how difficult it must be to turn into a zombie by watching Natalie Morales transform into a zombie for The Walking Dead.

Walking Dead seems more than just a TV series for the people around the world. It has so many fans, so many web sites and blogs dedicated to the story and also for actors.

If you are already a fan, please tell me how you first started to watch the series. What was your initial reaction and how has it evolved so far?

Thank you for reading.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• I live in India so obviously American TV shows doesn't air on the channels here, when I came to know about the show I just got so sick for it I downloaded whole 3 seasons of it (this was around when the 4th season was towards its end) and watched it in 2 days and after 2 weeks when 4th season ended, I downloaded that too.
    As about how I came to know it, I am gamer my friend gave me the walking dead game by telltale games and I loved that so much, I searched about it and found that it has a TV show too and that's how the whole addiction started.
    I am currently waiting for the season 5 to end. I'll watch it nonstop 'cause that's how I like it.

• Nice take. I'm hooked on it.

• I'm kinda upset Zombiebabe didn't start this...

• Before i start you did say zombies a lot in the 3rd paragraph. And its cheos not keos or whatever you wrote. Anyway i started the walking dead by my own will i didn't get advices about it. So i tried the story and boy oww boy it was a story i mean first episode was awesome and then the horse the tank glenn daryl it was fucking amazing i was hooked and i started reading the comics. Now i am addicted i play the games read the comics watch the serie read reviews buy their merch it is the best show i have ever seen. by the way i don't like daryl like most of the humanity on earth my fave is rick he is the bomb. Then glenn and finally daryl that's how i like the characters. Just saying.

What Girls Said 5

• I remember it like it was yesterday! I was flipping through channels and I just so happen to see a commericial for the series premiere. I thought to myself, "eh, what the hay? May as well check it out." I did. I watched the first episode and it was all she wrote after that haha!

I love zombies :D

• The great things is I don't even think the show is about zombies. I feel that it's more about who we become in dire situations and what we're willing to do to survive. Zombies is just the dire situation it could be anything a diseas, aliens, etc.
    I think the show is well written and deeper than others may assume

• Exactly ;)

• Hey I wanna read that too. if you remember, send me the link please

• Too many people are like "a show about zombies that sounds stupid", but that's not what it's about. It's more complex than some zombie movie on the sci-fi channel

• I play the video games and watch the show non stop. Can anyone tell where I can find a website to read all of the comics for free?

• Been watching from the start... Love every minute. Even the awfulness of season 2. Lol

• I've never gotten into it. Lol.