10 Phobias You Might Have

1) TRYPOPHOBIA -
Fear of too many holes

Trypophobia is a proposed pathological fear of objects with irregular patterns of holes.

EXAMPLE: Do any of the following images make you uncomfortable, provoke uncontrollable itching, and/or make you want to destroy it at all costs? If so, you have trypophobia.

10 Phobias You Probably Have

2) Anuptaphobia -
Fear of being single

Anuptaphobia is the fear of staying single.

EXAMPLE: Do you always have to be in a relationship? Can't stand the idea of being single or ending up alone, so you constantly feel the need to make sure some significant other is in your life? Have you even stayed in a destructive relationship just because you wanted somone? Do you avoid weddings in pain that you may never have one? ANUPTAPHOBIA!

3) Coulrophobia -
Fear of Clowns

Coulrophobia is the abnormal fear of clowns.

EXAMPLE: Do you feal uneasy or like you lack safety when around clowns? Do you become paranoid, anxious, nauseous? You've got Coulrophobia.

4) Caligynephobia
- Fear of beautiful Women

Caligynephobia refers to an unwarranted fear of beautiful women.

EXAMPLE: Do you suffer from excesive anxiety around women, panic attacks and lack the abilty to be social? Congrats you have Caligynephobia.

5) Cacophobia
- Fear of ugliness

Cacophobia is the overwhelming fear of all things ugly, being ugly, ugly people, etc.

EXAMPLE: Do you get scared, feel uneasy, or panick when you're around ugly people, feel the need to let aesthetics dominate yourlife and always look good? Cool, you now have have reason to blame for you shallowness (kidding). CACOPHOBIA! Sympytems include anxiety and depression when you feel realy ugly and the ugly people just won't go away.

6) Defecaloesiophobia - Fear of pooping

Defecaloesiophobia is the fear of having painful bowels movements.

EXAMPLES: Do you ever get nervous about taking dumps? Does the idea scare you that this could be a big one that hurts your anal passageway? You could have Defecaloesiophobia. If you do, have no fear! At least you aren't the only hesistant one about taking a poop.

7) Enosiophobia or Enossiophobia
- Fear of committing sin.

Enosiophobia is the fear of having committed an unpardonable sin or act of criticism.

8) Oikophobia
- Fear of appliances

Oikophobia is the fear of household appliances such as toasters, ovens, refrigerators, etc.

EXAMPLES: Do your household appliances make you feel uneasy or lacking safety? Do you feel like they could all just explode so you take caution not to die around them? You have Oikophbia.

9) Erotophobia / Genophobia
- Fear of Sexuality

Eratophobia is the general fear of sexuality and sex-related issues, while genophobia is the more specific fear of sexual intercourse itself.

EXAMPLE: Do sexual things such as genetalia, kissing, touching, or simply talking about sex make you feal uncomfortable or uneasy? You just might have Erotophobia.

10) Neophobia
- Fear of new things

Neophobia is the irrational fear of new things: change, innovation, new places, and new situations in general.

Do you think everything should remain the same, feel that traditional customs are the only way, resent change in system and don't want to accept things you don't understand just because it's different? NEOPHOBIA! This is common among older folk that aren't as open minded as young folk; also common amongst small towned people who've never really experienced change. Most common among people who are brick walls and want everything their way.

kxera is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 39

• I dont really know if i have trypophobia, but i just dont like looking at those things. Im not getting itchy or anything, but i just usually scroll down fast to avoid them. So maybe i have it lol.
    I dont have any other phobias on this page.
    But if when i saw these pictures of carnivorous plants at first, i kinda had the same reaction as with trypophobia. I know they can't eat humans, but still :P
    www.carnivorousplants.org/cp/images/Dionaea1.jpg

Also, i have another weird phobia.. Please dont laugh about it. I have a phobia for butterflies lol.
    Now, i dont really mind the white butterflies, theyre not really scary to me, but still i dont like being in their presence. But those colourful butterflies really make me itch and sweet, i usually take a different route to walk, if i see some butterflies sitting on a bush next to the place i have to walk.. I really hate this phobia, and its even worse cus my brother and dad are making fun of it whenever we see one. Luckily my mum doesn't. But other them, nobody else knows about my butterfly phobia :3

Again writing a novel lol

• I don't have any of these phobias at all.

I have been single my entire life and I'm ready to get with a girl and have sex but I get rejected every time. Thank God I'm not an anuptaphobic, or I would be in a paralyzing fear all the time.

• I didn't know it till now, but holy shit, those holes made me super uncomfortable.
    I'm not scared of clowns, but I don't like them even a little, I HATE them, every time Fizbo appears on Modern Family I cringe xD

• Those holes freaked me out and made me feel itchy. Yikes!

• Looks like I have #1 cuz I got really itchy & just wanted to destroy it all. Especially the fourth one!
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../...49dc-b783-20198aec5f5f.jpg

Ugh.. why tf would someone want to Photoshop a lotus seed pod into a human anyway! DAFUQ!!!

• None of these. Thank god. I might have fear of heights.

• I'm afraid of my washing machine he watches me sleep and rubs my shoulder and says to let it happen TwT

• 1. I don't know. It's not a fear but it makes me feel disgusted, like some fish have lots of holes in their body like mantas or sharks.

2. It's not really a fear but I dislike it

3. No they're just creepy

4. Nope

5. See question 1

6. Nope

7. Yeah, I get anxious about that stuff.

8. Hmm.. I get worried about settings things on fire or microwave radiation and such

9. Nope unless it's unwanted then see number 1 haha

10. No way!

• when i read '10 phobias you probably have' i was actually expecting to see phobias actually had. not 10 completely random phobias. i've never heard of anyone who had a fear of appliances, a fear of beautiful women or even a fear of being single. but these are supposed to be things i 'probably have'? you are a retard.

• I didn't want to go for really obvious phobias but at the same time I wanted to be things that do happen to a lot of people unepectedly. Trypophobia and Caulphobia are actually really common. The title doesn't say "Phobias you have", You've got to remember you aren't the only person on the planet. The single one is somewhat common but people who have it wouldn't call it a fear.

• Thanks for calling me a retard! *sarcasm*

• Nope, I don't have any of them. xD
    Fear of household appliances? How do people with it cook and clean? O. o

''Oh crap, the kettle is brewing''

''Errmmm, that's what it's supposed to do?''

''It is? Oh, my bad.''

• lol. Sometimes I get paranoid that the microwave or oven is going to explode but hunger concurs all, so I'll stand in front waiting for the food with my face covered.

• I just get paranoid sometimes.

• If it was a phobia you'd be scared shitless by it.
      So, you're right 😂

• I already knew I had trypophobia... thanks for posting pictures... asshole. jks

Some of the other stuff... maybe. Not sure.

• I was literally cringing and itching like crazy trying to find trypophobia pictures.

• It's so horrible.
      Weird holes and spiders. DESTROY AT ALL COSTS!
      I think spiders also overlap with trypophobia because of their weird eyes... now I have to sit cross-legged because I'm thinking about spiders crawling up my legs.
      LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!

(._. )
      ( ._.)
      (o_o)

I'm scared, hold me.

• TRYPOPHOBIA

F@CK YOU, F#CK YOU, F&CK YOU. It's not that I'm scared, it's just freaking disturbing.

I do have aperiophobia though.

• To be honest, it seems that I have the first one.

• Arachnophobia is probably the most common phobia.

• True. I tried to pick phobias that weren't super obvious to people.

• We meet again trypofobia... *shudders*

• I was literally cringing and itching like crazy trying to find Trypophobia pics for this post.

• Oh yes I'm familiar with Enossiophobia, I still have this phobia.
    Being afraid of sin probably isn't too common though.

• i have none of those phobias and im yet to find anything that i genuinely am scared of. not trying to be a bad ass lol, there's just nothing i can think of that actually scares me.

• I'm so boss, I don't have any of those.

• Erotophobia / Genophobia GEHA HAHHAHAHAHHH!!! Omggg, that is precious... whew...

But doesn't seem like I have any although I used to have neophobia

• Until now I only thought that i havd Germaphobia, but now I feel like I may have Trypophobia also... *cringe*

• I used to also be a germaphobe but I got over it somehow.

• Yeah it's not too extreme with me, but I definitely have it. Trying to get over it though.

• Caligynephobia for sure.

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 59

• My cousin and I both have a form of automatonopobia, the fear of anything that falsely represents a living breathing thing. For us, mannequins, taxidermy etc. all freak us out. She is absolutely terrified of statues of Santa Claus, not even kidding.

After seeing a petrified cat, that got hit by a train when I was little, I'm scared of one picture on the internet. Every time my brother has brought it up, I burst into tears and start to hyperventilating, its so scary.

The first one on this thread creeped me out as well.

• I think you should of gave this take a different title. Like "10 phobias that you won't believe people actually have" because clearly people are getting all offended and mad over the "you probably have these" thing

• I have a question: under trypophobia what exactly is the 3rd image? Is that human skin? if it is, that's gross.

• The picture for 9 haha XD
    No, I don't have any of those fears but I love how in 1, they used the flowers to put on the person. I'm so tired of seeing the little black balls coming out of nipples all over the internet. If people share thinking it's true, an email should be sent to prospective colleges!

But no, none of those things really really scare me.

• I have none of them. I'm sure this was a joking Take. If you said arachniphobia (spelled wrong, too lazy to look it up) or fear of heights, then sure.

But I can still kill spiders as long as they're not the size of a man's hand and I would be willing to jump out of a plane.

• I think it's pretty obvious if you have a true phobia. If you have a phobia, you know it! It isn't something someone can tell you you have, you just know it.

I'm curious about the actual point in this...

• The first pictures of holes... brought in a whole new meaning to my mind just now. I felt really discomforted seeing it.

• #1 yikes. Except for the first pic which is a lotus seed pod, rest all can give me the shivers

• What on earth was that last picture of under trypophobia? It looks disgusting what happened to him?

And my two fears are arachnophobia fears of spiders and acrophobia fear of heights.

• i have the same question. what happened to him? i am super disturbed because of it! CUrSE YOU!

• Someone photoshoped a lotus seed head onto a human body.

• Omg trypophobia. I had no idea that was a thing but I have it.

• Mottephobia

upload.wikimedia.org/.../Moth_September_2008-3.jpg
    Just looking at it on a photo makes me go: EEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEwwwwww!! AaaaaaaaarghhhggaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwaAAAAAA! D:

• None of those frighten me... but the last picture of trypophobia - looks like some disease even though it's probably something like a Halloween prop stuck on a person... Still... looks like an infections puss filled wound. o. O Alien one.

• :]! Interesting take! ... but I'm not scared of any of that... with the exception of one photo, the one with the holes, the second picture is a bit scary to me, but in general not scared of holes or any of the rest...

Roaches however D: !!! even typing it makes me scared xD ! haha ewk ewk ewk!

• It seems easy to get cacophobia if you are too concerned with appearance. I should be more careful I guess.

• I have a fear of bees and wasps, like deathly scared. I'm so scared of Being stung

• 99% of men on gag have caligynephobia

• How do you notice?

• then you won't scare anyone XD

• well jokes aside i think that being a bit uncomfortable when you first meet a beautiful woman cannot be characterised as a "phobia" its just that the person is a bit nervous initially, as is she.

• "Enosiophobia is the fear of having committed an unpardonable sin or act of criticism"

oh MAN

thats me all the way down holy crap

• I have trypophobia since it reminds me of pores and disgusts me. I have coulrophobia.. just always had since I saw "it" and I think I have cacophobia... The rest just nahh!!

• You seems an Indian beauty, where are you from?

• @Rocky96 Yeah sure we will meet somewhere here... Lol. Ciaos!!

• Thanks pretty Aleera. You are so sweet!!!

• Thanks for the trypophobia pics. Have to scratch my head now!

• Clowns and heights for me.

• More from Girls
    39