Would you rather be fat and happy or skinny and miserable?

• Fat and happy
  • Skinny and miserable

Most Helpful Guy

• Fat & Happy (you could even throw in dumb if you needed to.)

Fat Dumb & Happy was considered the highest attainable level of existence when I was in the US Navy.

The words were more symbolic than literal but the same spirit applies.

"Fat" meant that you wanted for nothing.
    "Dumb" meant that you had had no bad experiences from which you would have to learn.
    "Happy" was the result of the first two being true.

What Guys Said 26

• Fat and happy, cause if I'm happy I wouldn't give two shits about being fat, skinny, or if people find me attractive, cause at least I know I'm happy.

• I'm already skinny and miserable so I guess I'd ve willing to give fat and happy a try :/

• Fat and happy, because being miserable is worse than being fat, and being happy is better than being skinny.

• Being fat won't make you happy because most guys/girls won't look at you. Knowing that people aren't attracted to you, isn't nice.

As for skinny and miserable. I really hope that your purpose in life does not revolve around eating, as great as eating food is.

• From what I've seen it's easier to become happy from being miserable than to become skinny from being fat. So I chose B.

• skinny FTW

being fat is disgusting... used 2 be in da past... :/

• What do you consider "fat" to be like? Notions of "fat" and "skinny" vary drastically according to culture, but also gender, social class and individual views. Am I fat if I am 50 pounds over my "ideal" weight? What about 20 pounds? What about 5?

• This is just🙌👏

• Haha, thank you. The fact that you - at age 15 - understood my subtle critique of fickle beauty standards fed to us by the media and consumer culture officially qualifies you as a cool person :-).

• Well, it's an expression and I left it open ended on purpose to interpret as you choose.

• I'd rather be fat and happy (getting to eat anything I want) than to be skinny from extreme dieting (I did this in the past, was so thin people thought I was ill) and be miserable.

• Skinny and miserable. BHAHAHahhahahaHAHAHahahahAHAHhah
    That's exactly what some people would say.

• Well i am skinny and miserable rn so maybe fat and happy would be good

• None of the above dont want to be fat and die of young age and I can hardly get around

• Food=Fat=Happy

• If I was either I'd be unhappy. I'll stick to being athletically built.

• Well, I am both skinny and very happy. Because I have a high metabolism, I can eat anything that I want and don't have to worry about putting on weight. I am 44kg and I have been that weight most of my adult life.

• Fat and happy

• I already am skinny and miserable.

• fat and happy

• chances are that you´re less happy if you´re fat so i think this choice makes not that much sense.

• It's an expression so... Interpret that how you want.

• then i choose skinny and miserable xD because at least i can be fit and healthy if not happy.

• fat for me is obese to morbidly obese... everything else isn´t "fat" @AleDeEurope

• happy is always good...

• Skinny and miserable!

• I am skinny and miserable.

• I already am skinny and miserable.

• I'm fat and miserable. rather be thin then

• Skinny <3

FAT IS UGLYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• I don't believe in entertaining false dichotomies and inaccurate thinking.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10337-alpha-male-suppresses-feminist

• Voted B! lmao

• Why would you want to be miserable?

• because I'd still make it look good!

• And? You wouldn't be able to enjoy it, as you'd be miserable.

What Girls Said 23

• Odd.
    Fat is not synonymous of happy, nor is skinny synonymous of miserable.

In any-case, fat implies at risk of more diseases. Who "wants" to be sick?

Lets be honest, people who are fat wish they were thiner, and only try to say they are happy, but the reality is, they are not "really" happy being fat, but rather they are happy EATING and not doing high levels of activities... thus in turn say they are happy that way. Get it?

Being fit is far ways of being miserable, unless you have other problems in your life.

• what a coincidence i just had this tab open http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/my-600-lb-life/

• OH NO NO!
      We SURELY ARE MISERABLE!
      Look at that delicious CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE with quadruple icing toppings and drenched in vanilla cream. Hmmmm... can you spell diabetes?

• haha! @Illusive_Man :p!

@asker well, if one MUST choose from your awful choices... well they both have a fix, indefinitely!
      Being fat and happy, you can always lose weight to be healthy and fit... and if you're miserable and skinny, you can find things to do that you like to bring joy to your life, so it doesn't really matter to me... I suppose someone with no determination who is lazy would rather be skinny and miserable, and one who is active and lively would rather be fat and happy, because they wouldn't be fat after all, since they'd actually do something about it to change that.

Anyhow, no one actually wishes to be either of the two choices you selected.

• I could never be fat and happy. Being fat would make me miserable as fuck as I cannot imagine living with myself, if I got to some ridiculous plus size since I've never been fat in my life.

Mobility would reduce, I'd sweat more, I'd hate how I look and would feel like an old hag with all the excess flab without having a valid reason i. e. weight gain due to pregnancy or some medical condition. I'm perfectly healthy at the moment - recently had a test done to check how my thyroid is doing (I'm always cold, so was referred for a blood test) and doc says I'm perfectly fine.

I doubt skinniness would be the cause of misery, since I eat healthy food simply because I find it delicious, not because I'm limiting myself to keep my figure. I also regularly exercise, because I don't want to grow old into a prune that can hardly move in old age. I'd rather be able to walk faster than 10 metres/hour when I'm retired.

• Amen to this! This was similar to what I was going to say. Very well written!

• Fat and happy. Actually I am fat and happy so... Yeah! F**k the world! haha! :) :D

• I'd take happiness over being miserable any day.

• I'd rather be thin and happy, the way I am now.

• Obviously that's the ideal. What did you vote?

• Occasionally, one is faced with a choice wherein neither option is ideal. You must still choose in those instances. This, admittedly, is not one of those, however I am still curious to know. @skullly @lumos

• I didn't vote. I have the choice to not pick between two options I don't like.

• Fat and happy! :D

• Why would I want to miserable forever. I'll never be a skinny twig. Smallest ever be is 165lbs. I'm big bones

• I don't understand why anyone would want to be miserable! Even if it means being skinny!

• I'm half fat and happy so it's the way forward 👌🙌

• Probably skinny and miserable. Because even if your fat and happy people are angry with you because they don't understand you can be fat and happy

• I'm really surprised that some people would rather be miserable

• Fat and happy, why would you care what anyone else have to say if your happy?

• I would rather be normal size :D
    not too fat nor too skinny...

but if i had to vote ( fat) I love food and i love to eat and eat!! lol :D
    im not fat though

• I heard this question before. But yeah. I'm chubby and want to lose weight, I will soon become happy if I were super skinny. I would be able to eat like a pig for a while then gain the weight back to a healthy size.

• That's a terribly unhealthy plan.

• Yoyo dieting is unhealthy, and that is what you're describing.

• Okay. Well, I rather be skinny and miserable then

• Skinny and miserable.

• How about skinny and happy? Lol.

Well im Never happy either way if im fat so i rather ne skinny and miserible being fat is too difficulté

• im already skinny and miserable.

a popular tumblr post once said
    "money doesn't buy happiness but i would rather cry in a Ferrari"

• Fat and happy.

• If rather be skinny-thick and happy... happy=healthy

• To be happy is to believe in your self and accomplish anything.

• I'd rather be happy because life is about enjoying even though I may be fat

• None of the options.

• Being happy us all I want :)

• The pursuit of happiness is greater than the pursuit of thinnes.